The Failed Debut Of ASUKA on the main roster

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sorry to make a whole thread about this, but I'm really annoyed at this. It was one of the things I can say I've actually look forward to watching WWE programming for, and they've ruined it for me. I know alot of you have been speculating for months that they would just treat her as another wrestler. After they did a tremendous job hyping her on Raw, with GREAT video packages promoting her arrival, I was sure she was going to be booked the same as when she was first making her stamp on NXT.

EMMA
I have no problem with Emma, let's make that clear now. I think she is a decent hand, and she is versatile enough to be able to move up and down he card when needed. The problem I have, is they have known for known for at least a whole month, that they were debuting Asuka at TLC against Emma. Now, if you look at this match by itself, it was a good match imo, and fun to watch. Now, if you consider the fact that WWE was telling us Asuka is a beast, undefeated, and the women's lockerroom is on suicide watch.... This match was long as hell, with Emma initiating the majority of the offence. At the beginning of the match I was hyped as fukk, then as it kept going, I lost my hype, and buckled in to see who would edge out this COMPETITIVE match.

Now alot of you will say, the Raw women's roster isn't that big, they can't afford to just go out there and squash someone like they did in NXT. Okay, so why not pick an opponent that should mean something then? There was no face/heel storyline to this match, so it could literally be anyone, like say, SASHA BANKS. Or how about they just give EMMA one month of strong booking, to build her up to a formidable opponent, if the match is gonna be so competitive? She has been booked as the lowest tier on the roster, and randomly stole a victory the week prior to win this ASUKA debut match.

For reference, here is Asuka's NXT debut (this is a WWE re-upload where they edit in an obvious crowd reaction at one point, you'll hear it and laugh) against Dana Brooke. It was short, with Asuka taking 75 of the match, and when she does her entrance, you're hyped, and you stayed hyped the entire match, and you're sure Asuka is the female Mike Tyson by the time she wins.

And yet, her RAW TV debut was the same formula as the PPV, just shorter. By the time that match was over, as a casual fan, there's nothing special about Asuka, as a hardcore fan, I see they don't have anything special planned for her, so I'm also deflated in that aspect.

No matter which POV you look at it, Asuka's debut has been a massive failure, and this coming month will really tell if WWE knows how to throw away a BIG MONEY AURA on a talent.

niguez

All Star
Daps
annoying-fan.jpeg

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You nikkas complaining ALREADY?:what:

I want all 3 of you to stop shyt posting 1 line posts in this forum for just one minute, and post something with intellect. Ppl literally spend all day shyt posting in this forum, instead of making a few in-depth posts and calling it a day.

Give me a debut booking OR storyline you would do to introduce Asuka on the main roster, with the background that she was booked as an undefeated beast of a world champion in NXT prior. You don't have to agree with my assessment of her or the aura she had, but at least give an opinion on the subject. And no this aint a "COMPLAINING ALREADY" thread, her PPV and TV debuts have happened.

niguez

All Star
Daps
I want all 3 of you to stop shyt posting 1 line posts in this forum for just one minute, and post something with intellect. Ppl literally spend all day shyt posting in this forum, instead of making a few in-depth posts and calling it a day.

Give me a debut booking OR storyline you would do to introduce Asuka on the main roster, with the background that she was booked as an undefeated beast of a world champion in NXT prior. You don't have to agree with my assessment of her or the aura she had, but at least give an opinion on the subject. And no this aint a "COMPLAINING ALREADY" thread, her PPV and TV debuts have happened.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Vince out here sabotaging nxt nikkas besides KO.

Kane beating Finn lmaoooooooooo

Asuka out here struggling with a Emma that ain't did shyt for 3 years on the main roster meanwhile they out here promoting asuka as some monster.

Bobby roode lost already in like a month in and gonna do a 2 out of 3 falls with ziggler next week.

Same dudes who in here calling op a neckbeard gonna be the first nikkas to make the flop thread like they discovered some news or shyt to have a fire thread with some easy daps. I know ur nikkas blue print.

Rip asuka :(

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Vince out here sabotaging nxt nikkas besides KO.

Kane beating Finn lmaoooooooooo

Asuka out here struggling with a Emma that ain't did shyt for 3 years on the main roster meanwhile they out here promoting asuka as some monster.

Bobby roode lost already in like a month in and gonna do a 2 out of 3 falls with ziggler next week.

Same dudes who in here calling op a neckbeard gonna be the first nikkas to make the flop thread like they discovered some news or shyt to have a fire thread with some easy daps. I know ur nikkas blue print.

Rip asuka :(
That sounds terrible!

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
These marks want her to go undefeated on the main roster, defeating everyone in 1 minute. SMH.
Not even that. Its just the fact she was struggling with Emma. No one gonna complain if Sasha go all out with asuka. But I swear just a few weeks ago multiple times nia jax beat Emma like under 4 mins on multiple occasions. Now her ass going ten with asuka.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
These marks want her to go undefeated on the main roster, defeating everyone in 1 minute. SMH.
It's crazy because she was having competitive matches against people like Liv Morgan on NXT :mjlol:

They're looking at her streak and thinking she should be running through hoes like Goldberg but in reality she's never been booked as a monster but just as someone who can't be beat when it's all said and done.

Edit meant Peyton Royce not Liv.