StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Not balding but have the naturally high hair line.

I got locs in free form so ain’t had a cut in years.

I've had locks since '96, and this year was the first year I twisted my locks since '98. I've always told my fellow nappy headz that too much twisting thins your hair out and leads to breakage.

I still have my hairline with very little thinning noticeable. An occassional touch up is fine for specific ocassions, but cats should slow down with it if they're concerned about hair loss. Let your locs breathe.

I can vouch for the thinning part as some of my locs had to be sewn together because they got thing.

I was getting interlocking and twists every month for years.

Now I haven’t been for a twist and been free form for the past 2 years and my roots are becoming hick again + thrbuesge of Jamaican black castor oil

Last edited:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Did y'all really watch a 15 video talking about another man's hairline. We on that now? nikkas really making YouTube videos about the evolution of a man's hairline?....

full

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I explained this earlier. It all depends on how tough your follicles are naturally. If you are predisposed to balding then your follicles and flabby and sick by nature so damaging them with electric razors over and over again will eventually kill them and some wont grow back again. This doesnt mean that if you have the balding gene you wont go bald if you dont get line ups....what it means is that those frequent lineups will ACCELERATE the onset of the balding process. Instead of balding in your late 30s or early 40s, them lineups will trigger the balding much sooner (in your 20s usually)..
Man it aint got nothing to do with anything. Baldness is 100% genetic from your mom's side. Lineups or not, when its your time to go its your time to go :mjcry:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
dreads/braids have nothing to do with that

There's folks who never had dreads or braids in their life with hairlines like that at his age

Some people just got bad genetics

Dude is the same age as Wayne and never had locs/braids in his life

princess-diana-death-prince-william-reveals-heartbreaking-last-call-831877.jpg
the dreads most likely played a role but yeah we dont know what Weezy's biological father looked like...he coulda been bald or on the verge of balding at a young age and Wayne could be carrying the torch

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I think its just like dikk size, its a matter of luck not exactly your mom's side that determines it. If that as the case mine would still be fuego. Plus there are too many bald young men who have martenal grandpas with full hairlines.

Gotta fight the good fight. cant give up yet.

thats my real hairline on my avi :mjbalding:

:damn:

Lord Mecca

Eyes May Shine
Daps
How do folks go 4 to 6 months for a retwist? I retwist mines every 2/3 weeks.

I just don't do it tight. I do it just enough for the majority of the fly always to be tucked away. But I do my own hair and don't care if my locs have lumps and bumps. I prefer it actually.
facts. I can't wait no 4-6 months... also do mine myself every 3-4 weeks... 6 weeks tops. I see people going to get it done and that shyt is so tight you just know it's putting stress on that hairline... how do you even feel comfortable sleeping like that.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
facts. I can't wait no 4-6 months... also do mine myself every 3-4 weeks... 6 weeks tops. I see people going to get it done and that shyt is so tight you just know it's putting stress on that hairline... how do you even feel comfortable sleeping like that.
Right. Folks would rather walk around with half loc/afro then not twist their hair into oblivion.