Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I explained this earlier. It all depends on how tough your follicles are naturally. If you are predisposed to balding then your follicles and flabby and sick by nature so damaging them with electric razors over and over again will eventually kill them and some wont grow back again. This doesnt mean that if you have the balding gene you wont go bald if you dont get line ups....what it means is that those frequent lineups will ACCELERATE the onset of the balding process. Instead of balding in your late 30s or early 40s, them lineups will trigger the balding much sooner (in your 20s usually)..

Been getting lineups since my first hair cut at 1 (too young to be getting lineups), still have my hairline:diesel:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hanging hair kills the hairline. Especially if it’s pulling on it. I ain’t seen a man over 29 with braids or dreads or that has had them that doesn’t have a pulled back hairline.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dreads/braids have nothing to do with that

There's folks who never had dreads or braids in their life with hairlines like that at his age

Some people just got bad genetics

Dude is the same age as Wayne and never had locs/braids in his life

princess-diana-death-prince-william-reveals-heartbreaking-last-call-831877.jpg
are you retarded? like, legit?

in the video breh was discussing processes with dreadlocking your hair that can SPEED UP balding...he never said the locs/braids were the root cause and sole reason for his balding...do you honestly think a dude with a dreadlock yt channel WITH dreads his damn self is gonna have them if he believed they caused balding? :heh: he obvs cares about his hair

some of you on this forum need to develop your rational thinking :snoop:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is how a retwist should look
maxresdefault.jpg

never had dreads i swear to gawd them wavy dreads is the GOAT black hairstyle. If i could just snap my fingers and just jump to that hairstyle i'd do it in a heartbeat...

I ain't got that patience nomore :mjcry:

plus i don't think my hairline could take that stress :mjcry:

i've started to see father time creep in on it the past 6 months :mjcry::mjcry:

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
It's old news but she got a hair transplant on the low. When she first became famous (in 2008) the corners of her hairline were thinning sort of like her brothers. Then a few years in the industry (around 2015) she got a hair transplant. It's a procedure where doctors take the skin and hair from the back of your head and replant the follicles that they want to grow in your hairline. Therefore, the new growth will come in naturally. Many people don't notice it but this woman has had EXTENSIVE work done. If you notice the mole on her chest in the first pic magically vanished in the second pic. Either way, I have to admit she looks better.

dw8iyx.png

:dwillhuh: They got female pattern baldness now

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Interesting :ohhh:. So the key is when it grows, keep the roots fuzzy and don't lock it cause that can cause your hair to fallout?

No you have to know your hair everyone is different .

I get mine twisted about once every 2 to 3 months .

It use to be longer and I figured my sweet spot is about 2 1/2 months .

And don't let the brehettes shame you...

Yea fresh did up locs look clean we all know, but you going in that mufukka once a month, you really doing damage to your scalp and hairline....

Its a give a take kinda thing

I've had my locs over 10 years .

You either choose to be fresh 24/7 NOW, or preserve your hairline for the future

You can still keep your shyt neat and fresh without retwist every month .

Stop giving bad advice btw .

Last edited: