What happens to The Equalizer TV show?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
I'm guessing it will make it to a second season.

I don't watch TV like that but it seems like STAR power is lacking on these networks. Latifah brings that.

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
I think it's a decent show (way better than her role in Star) that'll probably last one season at best but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets canceled midway through the first.

I'm going to say it'll be canceled. Mainly because of the title. A lot of ppl are too familiar with the Denzel films that many would rather watch his character rather than Latifah's TV version. If this show had a different title I think it could've worked for two seasons.

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even though I'm supporting I have a feeling it will get canceled for all the reasons already explained.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Whats good with ya'll and this show? :dahell:

I mean it's trash and I agree with all of the complaints about it but ya'll been dragging this since the first trailer dropped.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s on CBS aka the network where old people forget their TVs are on when they fall asleep at 8pm.

I give it 2 seasons before they realize no one is actually watching it.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I'm guessing it will make it to a second season.

I don't watch TV like that but it seems like STAR power is lacking on these networks. Latifah brings that.
Latifah is the whole problem with the show...

She is not believable in this role and not an action star, your stunt double is not supposed to be noticeable as a different person...

Zel had a stunt double to in those movies, the difference is, you can't tell it wasn't him...

Like I said, this shyt is Steven Seagall straight to DVD type bad...

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It says a lot when Superman punching dudes through buildings is more believable than Latifah doing this

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I'm not watching the show but dang, yall really hating :francis:

I mean it's trash and I agree with all of the complaints about it but ya'll been dragging this since the first trailer dropped.

Nah, the dragging is HILARIOUS and what put this show on my radar. It was indirectly a promo campaign for the series.

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY

Ppl can easily tell when a movie or TV show is going to be trash based on not only the trailer but the first episode as well. Sometimes that's all it takes.

Why y'all tryna to play that black Twitter shyt where you forcing ppl to like something when they're telling you it's not good :mjlol:? Nobody is shytting on it cause she's black and a woman (so don't even use that shtick) but because she looks awkward and is heavily miscast for the role.

I get the assumption CBS couldn't convince better/relevant actresses for the role either due to the shoddy script or not paying enough so they had no choice but to take Queen Latifah (highly doubt she was their first choice for the role) who probably was the only person who accepted it for two reasons. The money and relevance which I can't blame her but the show isn't very good.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I get the assumption CBS couldn't convince better/relevant actresses for the role either due to the shoddy script or not paying enough so they had no choice but to take Queen Latifah (highly doubt she was their first choice for the role) who probably was the only person who accepted it for two reasons. The money and relevance which I can't blame her but the show isn't very good.
check the spoiler in OP

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If I was an executive at CBS, I don’t think I would’ve green lit this show and I like Queen Latifah. But I don’t know what the ratings are like for the other remakes of old shows.

CBS splits their shows between their TV network and their streaming platform. It’s not helping the network at all.

But CBS has stuff like Bob Hearts Abishola, so who knows.