The Equalizer TV show, renewed or cancelled? poll/RENEWED for S 2 + 3 & 4

What happens to The Equalizer TV show?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
check the spoiler in OP
Even with knowing that information. I get it they are friends and that's a discount for him on the expense tip but It's still not a good show due to the script and a miscasting/misuse of Queen Latifah. When I say misuse she should've been given a different role rather than the lead character.

The role should've been given to an actress who's more seasoned as an action star. As an example, someone like Halle Berry, Taraji P., or even Angela Bassett who's still great as a lead in her 9-1-1 series would've been a better fit due to their star power but obviously, those actresses cost money these days.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Think this helps the show's survival. First episode aired in a highly coveted slot. Somebody at the network believes in the show. There are experiencing production delays now.
I think they have to let it rock for the full season to justify the decision of having it air after the SuperBowl.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Latifah is the whole problem with the show...

She is not believable in this role and not an action star, your stunt double is not supposed to be noticeable as a different person...

Zel had a stunt double to in those movies, the difference is, you can't tell it wasn't him...

Like I said, this shyt is Steven Seagall straight to DVD type bad...

True but the only reason this show has a buzz at all is because Latifah is in it. They may be able to get a second season out of it despite the quality.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
They would have been better off with a younger, fresher woman as the lead.

Plenty of young badass women to chose from

Nah. No straight man wants to watch a pretty woman trying to be hard. And if she's ugly like Latifah its a no go no matter what.

If we wanna watch a pretty girl as the lead she has to be feminine.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Once again, it's on

R-612445-1331327739.jpeg.jpg

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
The actor from the original series was cross between Sean Connery and bootleg Hannibal from the A-Team, though

===============

The young badass female cop/agent angle was been done before, and recently ......those shows didn't last.

I was about to say this lol. Old white dudsz can seem to do these shows with no problem, but black folks somehow can’t. My only issue is I can’t take Queen latifah seriously in the role cause she’s queen latifah lol. I’m good with it otherwise

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I think the main point of the original and the Denzel remake is to have an older person play this role. Even with that they could have went with somebody else still.

Honestly after seeing Halle Berry in John wick, this would have been better suited for her. Even Gabrielle Union.

Something about seeing Queen Latifah drop kick a guy using 13 different fast camera cuts is just too :flabbynsick: for me
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The actor from the original series was cross between Sean Connery and bootleg Hannibal from the A-Team, though

===============

The young badass female cop/agent angle was been done before, and recently ......those shows didn't last.

Yeah I mentioned that I felt the original equalizer was better than both the movie and new tv show. In that he was old and would rather pull the heat out you on that gun play than do all that hand to hand shyt.

IMO they had denzel using his hands too much and for the tv show they got queen doing all this tom cruis mission impossible stunts and shyt.

I could believe queen shyt if she would just come out capping fools instead all that hand to hand shyt.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
I'm very much a fan of hers.

With that said, this show is purely Inhumans status. I'm not believing Liam Neeson at 65+ doing action sequences, so Latifah's getting no better consideration. Stop it.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Folks out here watching 8 seasons and three spinoffs of power but cant suspend disbelief for this show :mjlol:

i liked the first episode and i’ll watch this one tonight since nothing else is on :yeshrug: