The Entire Clippers team was salty about kwahi sitting out...this is coming out now

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
By the "entire Clippers team"... you mean the 3 guys who left the bubble, missed or got suspended for most or all of the play-in games, laughed at all the other teams playing for their playoff lives... and then proceeded to play like trash throughout the playoffs, but continued to get burn.

I mentioned it in the offseason thread, Zubac and JaMychal Green should be the ones with a gripe

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
If you've ever been on a team you know that it's impossible for this not to be true.

Same shyt happened to the 2013 Lakers (or was it 2012? or both?) when Kobe wasn't doing full practices.

It just kills team chemistry when you have one player who doesn't participate with the rest of the team on the normal day-to-day shyt. If that guy appears to have his own rules and there are egos involved, it gets even worse. Raptors made it work because they were already established and secure together with veteran leadership so Kawhi was slotted in to a team that was already playing great even while he sat. But Clippers didn't have that vet leadership stability to hold things together and had too many egos involved.
I hate u sometime lol

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Regardless of industry workers don't like new employees getting special treatment.

I could see why, especially how they (Clippers) performed in the 18/19 season. No stars but worked really hard from 1-15. Then they get not 1 but 2 stars and now the dynamic changes, the mainstays feel like its no longer their team, that they've put in all the hard work to make in the first place.

They probably got fed up with the lack of communication from Kawhi's end, they speak to him and all they get in return is a dead stare and 1 word answers back.

Last edited:

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Regardless of industry workers don't like new employees getting special treatment.

I could see why, especially how they (Clippers) performed in the 18/19 season. No stars but worked really hard from 1-15. Then they get not 1 but 2 stars and now the dynamic changes, the mainstays feel like its no longer their team, that they've put in all the hard work to make in the first place.

They probably got fed up with the lack of communication from Kwahi's end, they speak to him and all they get in return is a dead stare and 1 word answers back.

That's wild that how he acts for real

I thought it was just jokes but thats how he is

I will never understand those players that want to be the face of the NBA but don't want what comes with it

the media
your every word disected
can't have no misteps

Its got to be super stressfull

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Not surprised. Kawhi has to try to play a most of the season once, just once

can’t keep playing hooky on the regular season and strolling in come playoff time without this kind of shyt happening :pachaha:

Spurs and Raptors were well built machines that he was easily plugged into. The clippers, while being a playoff team without him, were just a first round exit at best before. He’s part of the process in moving them forward and apart of that process is being available as much as possible

Not like Toronto were ECF/ECSF kind of team and he was only needed to get them over the hump. Clippers got a new coach and PG as the second best player. New set of responsibilities

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
This was being reported earlier too at some point, not that it's surprising. Like others have said, you had a hard-working overachieving team of non-stars down for the cause, then you add two stars with special treatment who directly jump on top of the pecking order. Obviously egos would get involved at some point. And Kawhi's personality obviously doesn't make it better.

I will never understand those players that want to be the face of the NBA but don't want what comes with it

the media
your every word disected
can't have no misteps

Does he want to be "the face of the NBA" though? He literally is the example of a player avoiding the spotlight as much as he can. Does Kawhi even do real interviews.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

the media
your every word disected
can't have no misteps

He’s never wanted that

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was being reported earlier too at some point, not that it's surprising. Like others have said, you had a hard-working overachieving team of non-stars down for the cause, then you add two stars with special treatment who directly jump on top of the pecking order. Obviously egos would get involved at some point. And Kawhi's personality obviously doesn't make it better.

Does he want to be "the face of the NBA" though? He literally is the example of a player avoiding the spotlight as much as he can. Does Kawhi even do real interviews.

He was saying he the new king in that converse tv spot

Greek Freak was putting that crown on his head

They want to be the face

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
He was saying he the new king in that converse tv spot

Greek Freak was putting that crown on his head

They want to be the face

OK I didn't see that TV spot. But it takes WAY more than one tv spot to say "he wants to be the face of the NBA". No interviews, no social media...

(Giannis obviously has nothing to do with this thread, about Kawhi and the Clippers.)

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Damn that, give this reporter the Pulitzer
AsiYi4b.png
:dead: