XXL_Magazine_Cash_Money.jpg

first time i heard about Cash Money

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
XXL_Magazine_21_Outkast.jpg

i think this is when they changed up the fonts & shyt looked weird and amateur as fukk. was further back than i thought, 2000 not 2002. first time i heard about SPM, and they talked to Flesh N Bone in jail.

1a.jpg

XXL_Magazine_1_Jay-Z.jpg

back in the first year or so they had 2 covers and they only came out every quarter i think so not many issues in the first 2 years before they started going monthly. i started buying at issue #3 i think i had the D'Angelo cover (Goodie Mob on the alt cover), C-Bo article, side bar about Brotha Lynch Hung, but i remember seeing the Jay-Z #1 issue in the store. they kept putting it in the sports section for about a year that pissed me off.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:umad:such a vulgar post, he made them hot, they wasnt shyt compared to the source popularity wise until that dre 50 and em cover:wow:

the juvenile beefing with cash money cover is what made xxl popular.

all that 50 cent/shady/aftermath stuff might have been their big payday from the white folks and whatever money interscope was passing them under the table but it really didnt help their status.

thats why hip-hop weekly came out and passed it up instantly.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
the juvenile beefing with cash money cover is what made xxl popular.

all that 50 cent/shady/aftermath stuff might have been their big payday from the white folks and whatever money interscope was passing them under the table but it really didnt help their status.

thats why hip-hop weekly came out and passed it up instantly.
nikka plz fukk is a hip hop weekly? XXL fell off like every other hip hop magazine because just like actual hip hop albums.. people just dont buy the shyt anymore. Nothing to do with status or getting passed up.

50 carried them nikkas and made them THE hottest magazine just face it:whew:

I mean even the Cavs had Brad Daugherty and Mark Price before Lebron crushed the buildings years later:smug50:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Respect, Mass Appeal (relaunched both in digital and bi monthly) and that HRDCVR shyt Elliot is trying to do along with Zino's laughable Hip Hop Weekly tabloid mag are pretty much the only other Hip Hop magazines going now right?

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
They had great articles in their early days, it was a great substitution for the Source when that was on its way out.

Elemental was my GOAT magazine though, they had a short run but the writing in those was just :wow:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
nikka plz fukk is a hip hop weekly? XXL fell off like every other hip hop magazine because just like actual hip hop albums.. people just dont buy the shyt anymore. Nothing to do with status or getting passed up.
50 carried them nikkas and made them THE hottest magazine just face it:whew:
I mean even the Cavs had Brad Daugherty and Mark Price before Lebron crushed the buildings years later:smug50:

if you dont know what hip-hop weekly is, then i cant help you breh.

xxl was never the hottest magazine anyway. they were never regarded like that. they just had their little period where they pandered towards all the disgruntled eminem fans and caked off. im not even sure if they outsold the source then either.

Black Beat and Word Up still around lol, swear it was made on recycled toilet paper lol

i think they have immunity because they serve a seperate purpose.

somebody earlier said "word up" is out of print tho.[/QUOTE]

unseen

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i used to subscribe to the source

its downfall could be narrowed down to the issue where they gave that shytty ass made men (benzino's group) album a near classic rating

mics used to be serious business, it's crazy.

i fukked with xxl too but it was just a wannabe source and almost right away its credibiity was shyt.

i thought scratch magazine was one of the most interesting mags to come out after that but it was shortlived.

stopped fukking with all of these magazines years ago. i glanced at them from time to time when i saw em on the newstand but they are run by fukkboys editors and writers and promote fukkboy rappers now. lost they edge years ago.