The End Of An Era: XXL Magazine Ends Print Edition

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
g-unit was on the covery every month for 2 or 3 years straight :dead:

i would still cop cuz there were some good articles and hoes

but print media is dead.. only the ones aimed at bishes will survive imo..and stapes like GQ and shyt

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
xxl-april-2014-cover-image-670x900.jpg

"Double XL, Double XL, now magazine won't have so much trouble to sell, oh I guess I'll buy a couple myself" - Eminem

LOL, they did the damn thing but they were nothing more than THE SOURCE JR. They will never have the legacy The Source did in it's prime but they did have a good 17 year run. It also was good that The Source had some competition cause Benzino ran the magazine into the ground with his Eminem beef. But I read many articles and copped many issues so for that Salute. They did Hip Hop some justice.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
i used to subscribe to the source

its downfall could be narrowed down to the issue where they gave that shytty ass made men (benzino's group) album a near classic rating

mics used to be serious business, it's crazy.

i fukked with xxl too but it was just a wannabe source and almost right away its credibiity was shyt.

i thought scratch magazine was one of the most interesting mags to come out after that but it was shortlived.

stopped fukking with all of these magazines years ago. i glanced at them from time to time when i saw em on the newstand but they are run by fukkboys editors and writers and promote fukkboy rappers now. lost they edge years ago.
XXL was actually populated by ex staffers of Blaze and Ego Trip...

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i used to subscribe to the source

its downfall could be narrowed down to the issue where they gave that shytty ass made men (benzino's group) album a near classic rating

mics used to be serious business, it's crazy.

This right here

I remember clear as day, this is what made XXL popular, up until then they were a second close just a shadow behind the source. They talked about it on hot 97,even in school we spoke about that shyt, the source mics were gospel, they made careers

Eminem also sided with XXL to spite benzino and a few editions later is when they exposed EM with that racist recording , that issue of the source included a free CD with the audio, end of the day it back fired on them cause that's when Eminem had the whole world by the balls

As far as the magazine closing it's to be expected, I have a bunch of there classic issues

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Those Eye Candy spreads in XXL is the main reason I got hooked
on to KING magazine...That mag fell wait side too along ago also.

:sadcam:

kurupt_u

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Source, KING, and XXL were the only mags I ever subscribed too. I let my subscription lapse in March because I knew the end was near and here it is. I still have all my issues of all 3 from many of years.

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like lettin off a semi auto into the air in celebration. fukk XXL. truth be told....they were never a magazine of any value. Even in the late 90s.....Blaze Magazine and The Source had it locked. Im almost temped to say wack ass Vibe was a better read most months. fukk XXL

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
XXL had their moment in the sun good and bad. Sad to see it go, but the print game is in shambles due to technology.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Still have the first issue :myman:

They started off dope as the anti source but then they fell off and started acting just like the source