My fav cover

photo_spread_xxl_magazine_great_day_in_hip_hop.jpg

The only cover that matters... CLASSIC!

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
:cheers::mj::stylin::dj2:

My nikka Benzino still kill em wit HipHop weekly

yep. str8 styled on em. benzino & mayes win again.

xxl even tried to come out with a knockoff version of hip-hop weekly. it was called "juicy" or something. it looked EXACTLY like hip-hop weekly but with different colors and wack headlines.

im so glad that xxl magazine is out-of-print. str8 up sellout chit that contributed heavily to the death of the culture.:pacspit:

Lets give XXL its props tho.. they came and killed the Source at one point...

xxk didnt kill chit.

the industry blackballing is what killed the source. sponsors didnt want to mess with them w/ benzino & mayes there. so they had to get the boot. and the source has been a joke ever since.

In the words of B Real....fukk XXL, you're a size too small.
They were blatantly in Interscopes pocket which was obvious 10 years ago, can't believe they floated it this long.

yep.

i seriously question the integrity & smarts of anybody that supported xxl repeatedly in the past decade.

Last edited:

SHAQAVELLI

We Are Penn State
Daps
Reppin
PA
They should keep putting out issues on a quarterly basis. Price them at $10, stamp a "collector's edition" title on it and include some actual journalism.

As already mentioned, hip-hop websites are a dime a dozen. The magazine gave them some "credibility," for lack of a better word. I'd rather see XXL flourish online instead of Complex and some other garbage, but I fear that won't be the case, given the world we live in.