Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not drown strangers

Not tie up a man because he said he is god

Not shoot a man point blank because you dont agree with his opinion

Not commit suicide because you got the idea when 48 hoirs ago you were fine and enjoying life
Soudns like you don't watch this show very closely. Lori has been clearly suicidal since the departure

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I tried to get into the og show and couldn't. thought it was fukking dumb. I was just expecting something different
With David Lynch you get something so, so different it's mindblowing. Lynch is a top 5 director for me, so I'm loving the new Twin Peaks (Lynch hasn't directed in over a decade). 18, hour long, episodes of continuous fukkery that nobody can understand :blessed:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
With David Lynch you get something so, so different it's mindblowing. Lynch is a top 5 director for me, so I'm loving the new Twin Peaks (Lynch hasn't directed in over a decade). 18, hour long, episodes of continuous fukkery that nobody can understand :blessed:
I've never been a big Lynch fan. twin peaks through me off not because if the weirdness but because of the soap opera quality dialogue and acting. and I realize Lynch was probably intentionally doing that but I just can't get into it, I don't get it's acclaim.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I've never been a big Lynch fan. twin peaks through me off not because if the weirdness but because of the soap opera quality dialogue and acting. and I realize Lynch was probably intentionally doing that but I just can't get into it, I don't get it's acclaim.
Get high and give it another chance. Season 1 of Twin Peaks is classic (season 2 kinda sucks). "Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me" might be a good place to go if you don't like season 1. It's literally one of the strangest movies I've ever seen, but it does have a loosely defined plot, with a conclusion. Lynch's other works don't really have "traditional" conclusions. Lynch himself won't explain anything either. He said something like this in an interview: "I will not explain the movies. They are works of art and therefore are open to interpretation. I don't want to influence that interpretation."

Lost Highway is also pretty great, same with Mullonand (Sp?) Drive. Plus, there's Blue Velvet (arguably his best film, and most definitely the most successful one). I love weird as fukk shyt, so Lynch is amazing to me. His mind....how does he come up with this shyt? He's an eccentric genius. :wow:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The finale is gonna be at the same time as Game 2 of the NBA finals :francis:

Vintage Eclectic

Lord of the Sky
Daps
Reppin
Chi-York
Still kinda confused by the ending of the last episode... what made Lori wanna kill herself and why does everyone believe this anniversary of the rapture will bring about the end of the world as opposed to the other times? I've been watching since season 1 but maybe I missed something recently that explained those 2 things

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Still kinda confused by the ending of the last episode... what made Lori wanna kill herself and why does everyone believe this anniversary of the rapture will bring about the end of the world as opposed to the other times? I've been watching since season 1 but maybe I missed something recently that explained those 2 things
Lori already wanted to kill herself, hence the flashback to kick off the episode.

But she changed her mind and joined the Guilty Remnant instead. Probably felt too much guilt about her kids to kill herself like that and "give up" despite her pain

Over time she became "normal" again....but as we have learned over and over, there is no "normal" in a post-departure world

She was probably feeling all sorts of hopeless now that her new husband is on the verge of killing her old husband to prove he is the messiah. And now Nora gave her an out....Nora gave her a way to die guilt-free. A scuba dive "accident"....a clean, guilt free way to escape

The 7 year anniversary thing was explained by Matt's sermon in episode 1

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
She wanted to kill herself because she was pregnant and watched the fetus disappear during the rapture

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lori already wanted to kill herself, hence the flashback to kick off the episode.

But she changed her mind and joined the Guilty Remnant instead. Probably felt too much guilt about her kids to kill herself like that and "give up" despite her pain

Over time she became "normal" again....but as we have learned over and over, there is no "normal" in a post-departure world

She was probably feeling all sorts of hopeless now that her new husband is on the verge of killing her old husband to prove he is the messiah. And now Nora gave her an out....Nora gave her a way to die guilt-free. A scuba dive "accident"....a clean, guilt free way to escape

The 7 year anniversary thing was explained by Matt's sermon in episode 1
Also remember Matt saying all the GR people are basically dead inside already

Remember patti killed herself too

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Also remember Matt saying all the GR people are basically dead inside already

Remember patti killed herself too

That was more out of necessity. She was being held hostage by Kevin and probably saw fukking with him as a worthy cause to spend her life on. Doubt Evie or Liv Tyler would've committed that if the US didn't pull a Tulsa on them