The economy is actually bad

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps
Only 53% of Americans own stock in some form. I bet if you removed retirement accounts (401k, IRAs) from the equation, it would drop to below 30%. The stock market is irrelevant to the daily lives of most Americans.

Stocks reflect health of economy so even if you don’t invest, these numbers reflect investors moods on job prospects and other measures that would help job seekers/business starters.

When stocks crashed in 2008 Americans that didn’t have a 401k didn’t say it means nothing to them….it clearly did.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Stocks reflect health of economy so even if you don’t invest, these numbers reflect investors moods on job prospects and other measures that would help job seekers/business starters.

When stocks crashed in 2008 Americans that didn’t have a 401k didn’t say it means nothing to them….it clearly did.
No, stock market pricing only reflects the attitude and fear level of the ultra wealthy, nothing more. Stock prices aren't indicative of job hirings (Look at all the tech sector layoffs while stock prices are near all time highs). A stock price isn't even indicative of the health of a corporation (Look at Uber and Spotify). Trillions are spent on corporate stock buy-backs, which raise prices without adding any value, AKA stock price manipulation.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I still don’t understand how the government can just take most of your check for taxes. Some people would actually fair well if it wasn’t for that.

Real reparations is abolishing the federal income tax for black american descendants of enslaved africans

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps
No, stock market pricing only reflects the attitude and fear level of the ultra wealthy, nothing more. Stock prices aren't indicative of job hirings (Look at all the tech sector layoffs while stock prices are near all time highs). A stock price isn't even indicative of the health of a corporation (Look at Uber and Spotify). Trillions are spent on corporate stock buy-backs, which raise prices without adding any value, AKA stock price manipulation.

“The stock market is an indicator of sentiment in an economy that can have an impact on gross domestic product (GDP). When the stock market is doing well and growing, it indicates that companies are doing well and will continue to do so.”

Don’t argue with me on this. I’m just a messenger stating facts.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
“The stock market is an indicator of sentiment in an economy that can have an impact on gross domestic product (GDP). When the stock market is doing well and growing, it indicates that companies are doing well and will continue to do so.”

Don’t argue with me on this. I’m just a messenger stating facts.

China runs a master class on creating fake GDP. In the US, if the government is buying up your corporate bonds and giving you hella tax breaks, only for you to produce a product that is sold for less than it costs to make, that's no different than those Chinese Ghost towns. Sell billions of unprofitable, subsidized product, and your stock price shoots up. See how that works?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps
China runs a master class on creating fake GDP. In the US, if the government is buying up your corporate bonds and giving you hella tax breaks, only for you to produce a product that is sold for less than it costs to make, that's no different than those Chinese Ghost towns. Sell billions of unprofitable, subsidized product, and your stock price shoots up. See how that works?

There are 10’s of thousands of companies listed with ipos under the stock market that sell several goods and services to the general public. Several investors invest in these companies stocks with the idea that an economic landscape will benefit their company’s growth.

Stock market numbers reflect investors feeling good about the chance for economic mobility.

Juelzing doesn’t change this concept and understanding.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
There are 10’s of thousands of companies listed with ipos under the stock market that sell several goods and services to the general public. Several investors invest in these companies stocks with the idea that an economic landscape will benefit their company’s growth.

Stock market numbers reflect investors feeling good about the chance for economic mobility.

Juelzing doesn’t change this concept and understanding.
Notice how the highlighted sentence run congruent to the one I posted earlier?

"No, stock market pricing only reflects the attitude and fear level of the ultra wealthy...."

That problem with your statement is you imply that the stock market is indicative of the economic landscape, while saying investors view the economic landscape to decide if/when to invest. That's circular thinking aka juelzing.

Last edited:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps
Notice how the highlighted sentence run congruent to the one I posted earlier?

"No, stock market pricing only reflects the attitude and fear level of the ultra wealthy...."

That problem with your statement is you imply that the stock market is indicative of the economic landscape, while saying investors view the economic landscape to decide if/when to invest. That's circular thinking aka juelzing.

Find me who the ultra-wealthy people in the thread below are. I’m trying to see something:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Find me who the ultra-wealthy people in the thread below are. I’m trying to see something:

The Wealthiest 10% of Americans own 89% of all US stock. So that means the folk in the Boiler room are part of the 53% of Americans that own stock in some form, and based on my original guess of less than 30% of who own stock outright. Yet the aggregate of all that stock only equals 11%.

:francis:

Daps
Reppin
Jersey
The Wealthiest 10% of Americans own 89% of all US stock. So that means the folk in the Boiler room are part of the 53% of Americans that own stock in some form, and based on my original guess of less than 30% of who own stock outright. Yet the aggregate of all that stock only equals 11%.

:francis:

It’s actually worse than that now. That article was from 2021