The Downfall of Triple A Gaming

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Oh well make better games then?!?!:dahell: stop complaining... they want people to pay that $70 surcharge but wants to give them garbage... you gonna hear it if it is...:camby:

Daps
Honestly.....I like big azz games where I can sink 300 hrs into a huge but fun world.

A lot of gamers have shorter attention spans and want more of a "movie-game" with a linear world, tight story and excellent gameplay versus story with more decision trees, more open-ended (ish) writing and perhaps good instead of excellent gameplay.

Linear game market will gain popularity because those games are easier AND cheaper to make with shorter production schedules and the potential for higher profit margins. Not the biggest fan of linear games unless it's something like Hitman where you can use multiple methods to solve a problem....but that might be the future.

Daps
All these execs pro AI until it's their job being eliminated
Bingo!

No one is talking about THAT side of AI. If a robot or computer can do the job of a programmer, why can't AI make decisions like a C-level exec?

If I'm a shareholder, who needs to get rid of some $100k/year employee when I can get rid of a $10M+ CEO for an AI that can make better decisions more quickly?

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
The industry will correct itself

If it did, then this wouldn't be true.

AA, GAAS, and multiplatform software will dominate the industry going forward and we will all be happy about it :wow:

Like Hollywood, the middlemen will continue to swarm. They will tell everybody how necessary they are to the process, people will rationalize it away because of careers being made, the bureaucracy will outstrip the creatives, and the whole bloated mess will trumpet how much of a success it has become.

And just like Hollywood, people will get bored with the whole thing and move on to something else.