The Downfall of Triple A Gaming

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Nintendo tried to tell 'em. :yeshrug: Making a fun game first, ensuring it isn't rushed, earning extra customer dollars instead of wrapping recolors in a $20+ price tag out the gate. Doesn't have to have a bloated budget. It isn't a hard philosophy. Shareholders, on the other hand, usually cannot see past two minutes in the future. When you got something driven by those people, it will continue to suffer. Infinite growth isn't real but they teach you no better in business schools apparently. :leon:

MS has had their pants-down moment with this. Forza and Halo really took hits in the public eye because they chose to squeeze already-squeezed lemons and cheapen out, to try and sell you the proverbial airy bread off name alone. These are recent, obvious cases.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Nintendo tried to tell 'em. :yeshrug: Making a fun game first, ensuring it isn't rushed, earning extra customer dollars instead of wrapping recolors in a $20+ price tag out the gate. Doesn't have to have a bloated budget.
earning extra customer dollars by selling AA games for $60-70 :skip:

I agree that Nintendo has found a more sustainable lane. but I was also told they don't count, partially because they don't make the kind of games many gamers want

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
earning extra customer dollars by selling AA games for $60-70 :skip:

I agree that Nintendo has found a more sustainable lane. but I was also told they don't count, partially because they don't make the kind of games many gamers want
you were told they don't count by the chronically online folks who think sony vs microsoft dictates the entire industry :unimpressed:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Hopefully, generative AI and other advancements (dlss/ AI upscaling, global illumination, etc) will help lower the cost going forward.

I’m all for raising game prices as well :manny:
you're gonna see more pivots away from one-product-pleases-all super releases and more deliberate, audience tailored experiences going forward.

easier to plan, produce, and deliver :manny:

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
stop making open world games
make a great gameplay loop
make about a dozen interesting looking characters
then make a great sequence of levels or environments that progress a story
then tweak that to allow for multiple playthroughs based on high score, no death, all collectibles, no kill, etc.
be happy the budget is smaller
stop firing people

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Same nikkas babbling this is the ones talmbout "one & done" "finish it in a weekend"
Console warring is rotting nikkas brains
dont-be-a-menace-to-south-central-dont-be-a-menace.gif