The dehumanizing name Arabs use for chocolate covered marshmallows referring to Black ppl|Twitter finds out da WHOLE Black Diaspora were called N word

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Mohrenkopt huh? Moor's Head huh?
Yet they'll argue til they're blue in the face that the Moors weren't black :mjlol:

Typical/widespread French family names in France/Belgium/Switzerland/Quebec originating from the word moor:

-Morin
-Moreau
-Maurier
-Dumaurier
-Morel

Lemaure ( Maure means « moor » in French )

Racist insult in the French language : Moricaud

Typical and widespread Spanish/Portuguese family names originating from the word moor:

-Moreno
-Morello
-Mora

Racial Terms Spaniards/Portuguese/Colombians, Mexicans, Brazilians/Argentines use to describe brown skinned people : negro, negao, Moro, morenito, Moreno, Preto

Typical/widespread Italian surnames originating from the word moor:

-Morelli
-Mora
-Moro
-Morella
-Moreno

Typical/widespread English family surnames originating from the word moor:

-Moore
-Morris
-Morehead
-Blackmore
-Whitmore
-WestMoreland
-Moreland

Old racial Insults in the English language used to deceive dark skinned black folks:

-Blackamoor

Typical and widespread German family names originating from the word moor

-Moritz
-Mohr
-Mohren
-Mohrenburg
-Mohrenberg

Last edited:

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
Latin America only recently changed the name of their chocolate Negrito bars

Bd38BLtCIAAi-jg.jpg

But they still use El Negrito cards for playing lotería
s-l1600.png

ReasonableMatic

Daps
The French one is inaccurate. "Nègre" just meant Black for a long time and the name of the patisserie subsisted in some bakeries until it got cancelled.
Yeah. I'm sure the tiktoker is well intended, but he's off about that.

I'm all for people examining and calling out elements of their cultures that are wrong/negative but be accurate.
My cousin sends me social media vids like this every once in a while. I tell him the title of the books I gave him years ago about whatever topic the vid is about. And I scream on him, for apparently not having cracked open the book.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Arabs have no culture beyond what they read in the Koran..they can't do anything in the modern era that Mohamed didn't order himself :scust:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps

Typical/widespread French family names in France/Belgium/Switzerland/Quebec originating from the word moor:

-Morin
-Moreau
-Maurier
-Dumaurier
-Morel

Lemaure ( Maure means « moor » in French )

Racist insult in the French language : Moricaud

Typical and widespread Spanish/Portuguese family names originating from the word moor:

-Moreno
-Morello
-Mora

Racial Terms Spaniards/Portuguese/Colombians, Mexicans, Brazilians/Argentines use to describe brown skinned people : negro, negao, Moro, morenito, Moreno, Preto

Typical/widespread Italian surnames originating from the word moor:

-Morelli
-Mora
-Moro
-Morella
-Moreno

Typical/widespread English family surnames originating from the word moor:

-Moore
-Morris
-Morehead
-Blackmore
-Whitmore
-WestMoreland
-Moreland

Old racial Insults in the English language used to deceive dark skinned black folks:

-Blackamoor

Typical and widespread German family names originating from the word moor

-Moritz
-Mohr
-Mohren
-Mohrenburg
-Mohrenberg

guess where Maleficent is from in Sleepy Beauty? Moorland:mjpls:

Iberians got cities named “Matamoros”. I’ll let you google translate that. It’s the name of their patron saint. A saint.

Worldwide obsession.

The slave trade should be called The Abrahamic Slave trade cause it was an effort by all 3. From imams, rabbis and preachers justifying our treatment in literature to actually trading slaves.

Last edited:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps

You may have not understood my original post because what you posted doesn't contradict it.

Again:
"Nègre" just meant Black for a long time and it's in that context that the patisserie came to be.

The fact that "nègre" today also functions as a slur is irrelevant.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Go back and read MM's post.
About what the name of the item was.
Person who lives in France could interpret denotation vs connotation about how words are used, and by whom. And how those things change.
He's saying that much like old terms and words for things changed here, that the name for that item was removed/cancelled . But that it did not have the meaning or translation that the Mena kid says.

Seems as if his parents were caught off guard by being asked to translate "head of slave" and deflected to the French term.
The term for slaves and Black people seemed to have been interchangeable in his family's language/culture.

I get the overall point of the thread, and I get that there were reasons why the name of item and usage of the term was cancelled.

As for clip of the right wing mob holding on to the old term, and attaching vitriol to it, I recognize that pattern from racists here holding on to old terms for Black people. Like Colored, "the Blacks" and other terms.
Person currently living in France can expound on that.

Last edited: