The Death of a Dynasty (fukk DISNEY).. the Official MCU Thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Uh you totally didn't answer my question. Let me rephrase, if TV and the cinematic MCU were to have crossed over what past release should it have happened in and it just didn't?
Everything you said is true but Feige doesn't report to Perlmutter anymore he reports to Disney's Alan Horne who has say over both Marvel TV and movies. It is in the Netflix TV heroes contract (DD, JJ, LC, IF) they are obligated to do movies if they are requested to. Perlmutter couldn't even stop a crossover if he wanted to. If Feige wants it to happen it will. I think he just hasn't wanted to happen yet. If none of the Netflix cat are in the next two Avengers movies then I hear you. But really no MCU movie has warranted a Netflix character show up yet.

It's a matter of creative differences. Feige never wanted to do an inhumans movie and when he took over he drop it with the quickness.

At the end of the day they don't like each other and will never be on the same page to do a collaboration. Not to mention the TV side has been on a downward progression to the point that eventually fans won't care.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It's a matter of creative differences. Feige never wanted to do an inhumans movie and when he took over he drop it with the quickness.

At the end of the day they don't like each other and will never be on the same page to do a collaboration. Not to mention the TV side has been on a downward progression to the point that eventually fans won't care.
Just saying I had no expectation of a crossover happening until Avengers 3 Infinity War anyway. And that looks like it is going to be mainly about Thanos wrecking shyt so it might not even make sense until Avengers 4. So you could be right but I can't say so until I see those next two movies.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Just saying I had no expectation of a crossover happening until Avengers 3 Infinity War anyway. And that looks like it is going to be mainly about Thanos wrecking shyt so it might not even make sense until Avengers 4. So you could be right but I can't say so until I see those next two movies.

The shows have been too self contained. Coulson might come back but there's no more S.h.i.e.l.d. thats Why Samuel L Jackson's screen time has been limited.

Jards

All Star
Daps
When the MCU first started, Perlmutter was in charge of everything marvel, the comics, the tv and the movies. Fiege felt frustrated and stifled under him because Perlmutter would veto all his ideas ( captain marvel, black panther etc) so Fiege went to Disney and told them he was going to quiet unless Perlmutter was removed. Disney agreed and they gave Fiege total control of the MCU movies and let Perlmutter continue with the TV and comics. And Perlmutter been salty since...
Didn't Perlmutter sign off on Captain Marvel and BP? Feige took over the Studio in run up to the release of Civil War while BP and CM were announced at the Marvel event in 2014 alongside Civil War. There were stories that they had to talk Perlmutter into signing off on RDJs Civil War check (He wanted to fire him :mjlol:) and he was pissing everyone off during Civil War production so he must have still been active at Marvel Studios when the new characters were announced.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Didn't Perlmutter sign off on Captain Marvel and BP? Feige took over the Studio in run up to the release of Civil War while BP and CM were announced at the Marvel event in 2014 alongside Civil War. There were stories that they had to talk Perlmutter into signing off on RDJs Civil War check (He wanted to fire him :mjlol:) and he was pissing everyone off during Civil War production so he must have still been active at Marvel Studios when the new characters were announced.
Yeah, I never heard he blocked those two movies. I think people just assume that because he is a Trump supporter and has said some racist/sexist things.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Uh you totally didn't answer my question. Let me rephrase, if TV and the cinematic MCU were to have crossed over what past release should it have happened in and it just didn't?
Everything you said is true but Feige doesn't report to Perlmutter anymore he reports to Disney's Alan Horne who has say over both Marvel TV and movies. It is in the Netflix TV heroes contract (DD, JJ, LC, IF) they are obligated to do movies if they are requested to. Perlmutter couldn't even stop a crossover if he wanted to. If Feige wants it to happen it will. I think he just hasn't wanted to happen yet. If none of the Netflix cat are in the next two Avengers movies then I hear you. But really no MCU movie has warranted a Netflix character show up yet.

They don't get along. That's the answer. Fiege only has direct control over the movies. Perlmutter controls everything else so even if Fiege wants let's say Daredevil in the movies Perlmutter has to sign off on it.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Avengers: Infinity War is Inspired By Heist Films

Marvel Studios’ Avengers: Infinity War is one of the biggest blockbuster movies ever made in terms of sheer size. Sure, it’ll quickly be topped by its own sequel in the still-untitled Avengers 4 the following year, but Infinity War is going to be even bigger than Captain America: Civil War – no small feat, considering that movie featured multi-character fight sequences that were basically huge splash panels from comic books come to life.

We know Infinity War puts the focus on the villainous Thanos (Josh Brolin), but now Anthony and Joe Russo, the directing team responsible for the new film and its sequel, have given a new interview that shines some light on what type of film genre inspired their super-powered sequel.

Speaking with CNET, Anthony Russo revealed the inspirations for their new movie:

With “Infinity War,” the biggest new element to the movie is Thanos and the fact that he’s entering the storytelling in a very bold, strong way, to the degree that he’s almost one of the leads. We’ve shaped an interesting narrative around him that in some ways leans heavily on a heist film in the fact that he’s going after the infinity stones in a much bolder, successful way than he has in the past. The entire movie has that energy of the bad guy being one step ahead of the heroes. We looked at a lot of movies that had that heist-style energy to them, [and] that brought some inspiration.

I think the very idea of Infinity War loomed so huge in my mind that I didn’t expect it to be influenced by anything else because the notion of dealing with this many superhero characters in a single film is unprecedented. But it’s cool to hear that they’re looking at heist movies for inspiration (similar to Ant-Man before it), and it makes me think Thanos’ journey to recover the Infinity Stones is going to take up more of the movie than I initially anticipated. We know a brawl is coming (with 30+ characters in it), but could the biggest battle in the “war” of the film’s title actually be delayed until Avengers 4? They have to hold something back for the sequel, right?

Speaking of multiple characters, Joe teased a lot of surprises in that regard:

There’s going to be a lot of unexpected characters. There are more surprises packed into this film than any of the others. Part of that is character interactions, new interesting characters, characters that have made small appearances that are really getting fleshed out in this film. A lot of people enjoy the experience, so I don’t want to give anything away, but certainly you can expect lots of surprises.

Who do you think he could be teasing here? Maybe someone from the outer edges of the MCU, like Nova? The first real appearance of someone like Adam Warlock, perhaps? As for the smaller characters who will get further fleshed out, I feel like Benedict Wong‘s character from Doctor Strange, Wong, is a prime contender for that treatment. And we know Black Panther’s sister Shuri, played by Letitia Wright, is on board. Who else, though? Wolverine in an alternate dimension? Probably not. But what if…?

Avengers: Infinity War blasts into theaters on May 4, 2018.

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
shyt.... years ago it was said the plan was to have an All Marvel channel...

Sounds like one step forward

W77O8x.gif

Martha

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Laurence Fishburne Says He’s Working on a Secret Project with Marvel

As it turns out, working with Marvel was actually Fisburne’s first choice, and he’s not just working with them on Ant-Man and the Wasp but also on another super secret project that he hopes will “change the world.”

Collider’s own Steve Weintraub recently spoke with Fishburne at the press day for Richard Linklater’s upcoming drama Last Flag Flying, and during the course of their conversation Fishburne explained his affection for Marvel dates back to his childhood:

“I have figured out how to get myself into the Marvel Universe… I can only tell you that I, as a comic reader from childhood, I was a Marvel guy primarily because I grew up in New York City in the 60s and 70s when Marvel was really touching on everything that was happening in my world. It was reflected in the books and in the stories they were telling.”

Fishburne revealed that while he wasn’t able to be part of Justice League due to scheduling issues, he actually went to Marvel and pitched them on joining the MCU, which led to his Ant-Man and the Wasp casting:

“I got the offer to do Perry White in Man of Steel, I said yes to that. Obviously Batman v Superman I said yes to that. I was unable to be involved in the Justice League movie, scheduling-wise it just wasn’t going to work out, but I had wanted very much to be part of the Marvel universe at the same time. So I went to them and pitched them a couple of ideas and basically said, ‘Look, if there’s anything I can do that makes sense for me to do in the Marvel universe, I would love to be involved. So they came to me with an offer to be Bill Foster in Ant-Man and the Wasp.”

While Fishburne wasn’t allowed to say much about his role in the Ant-Mansequel, he sounds enthused about the project:

“All I can tell you is I’m playing Bill Foster, who was Hank Pym’s assistant. That’s how I enter into the world and I’m very excited. Peyton Reed is directing it, who directed the first one. It’s gonna be as fun and cool and smart as the first one.”

The actor said at this point he still has two shooting days left on Ant-Man and the Wasp, but also revealed that he’s working on another secret project for Marvel:

“I’ve got black-ish going on, I’m developing something else for Marvel that I can’t talk about. It’s gonna be really cool. It’s gonna change the world, we hope (laughs). I went to Marvel and pitched them something that really couldn’t work out—there was a lot of legal red tape that just [was] something they couldn’t work out. But then they came back with the offer for Ant-Man and the Wasp and then they said, ‘Hey, what do you think of this?’ and I went ‘Oh yeah that, yes!’ so…”

Curious. Very curious. It’s unclear if the project Fishburne is talking about is a new film, a TV series, a short, a new comic run, or something else entirely, but the actor certainly seems incredibly excited about it so here’s hoping we learn more soon.

:lupe:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Like what he said about Marvel and people's connection to it in NYC during the 70s. I mean I wasn't around or collecting then but I had older cousins who were and they were really a strong influence in my comic book tastes. And they all were Marvel heads. And in my hood growing up in the mid-80s early 90s all my fellow comic heads were either strong Marvel supporters who never even considered DC or there was also a contingency that read anything that interested them which did include DC. I never met a strictly DC head in my life. lol