GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Idris Elba Wants a Bigger Role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Jenna BuschOct 06, 2017
Screen-Shot-2017-10-06-at-2.11.03-PM-e1507327232584.jpg

Idris Elba wants a larger role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, according to EW. He’ll be seen briefly as Heimdall in the upcoming film Thor: Ragnarok, which he spoke about to the site.

He said, “I like that I have a little part in Thor. I’m neither movie star or day player. It allows me to do other things I love. The last one [Ragnarok] was fun. The others weren’t fun. They’re work. But on this one, Taika [Waititi, the director] was great.”

He then spoke about the size of his role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “I wish I was more present in the Marvel family. I like what I have, but I also wish that I had a bigger character in the Marvel universe.” He continued, “It’s been great, but I kinda think I need a bit more. I want to be a superhero. I like the idea of that.” He told the site he’s never been approached to play another role in the Marvel films.

In addition to Thor: Ragnarok, Idris Elba stars in The Mountain Between Us with Kate Winslet, and in the Aaron Sorkin-directed Molly’s Game with Jessica Chastain. He recently starred in The Dark Tower, Star Trek Beyond and was the voice of Shere Khan in The Jungle Book.

In Marvel Studios’ Thor: Ragnarok, Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok – the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization – at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first he must survive a deadly gladatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger – the Incredible Hulk!

Do you want to see Idris Elba as another superhero? What role should he play? Let us know in the comments.

Read more at Idris Elba Wants Bigger Role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

:jbhmm:

5948604-bm.jpg

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Idris Elba Wants a Bigger Role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Jenna BuschOct 06, 2017
Screen-Shot-2017-10-06-at-2.11.03-PM-e1507327232584.jpg

Idris Elba wants a larger role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, according to EW. He’ll be seen briefly as Heimdall in the upcoming film Thor: Ragnarok, which he spoke about to the site.

He said, “I like that I have a little part in Thor. I’m neither movie star or day player. It allows me to do other things I love. The last one [Ragnarok] was fun. The others weren’t fun. They’re work. But on this one, Taika [Waititi, the director] was great.”

He then spoke about the size of his role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “I wish I was more present in the Marvel family. I like what I have, but I also wish that I had a bigger character in the Marvel universe.” He continued, “It’s been great, but I kinda think I need a bit more. I want to be a superhero. I like the idea of that.” He told the site he’s never been approached to play another role in the Marvel films.

In addition to Thor: Ragnarok, Idris Elba stars in The Mountain Between Us with Kate Winslet, and in the Aaron Sorkin-directed Molly’s Game with Jessica Chastain. He recently starred in The Dark Tower, Star Trek Beyond and was the voice of Shere Khan in The Jungle Book.

In Marvel Studios’ Thor: Ragnarok, Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok – the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization – at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first he must survive a deadly gladatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger – the Incredible Hulk!

Do you want to see Idris Elba as another superhero? What role should he play? Let us know in the comments.

Read more at Idris Elba Wants Bigger Role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

:jbhmm:
5948604-bm.jpg

As far as what Idris said, we been saying this for the longest. Casting Idris as Heimdall was a waste of time for everybody involved.

Something that was done just to give Thor a black friend to give black audiences a reason to be open-minded towards the first couple Thor movies. Ain't no black person wanted to see prime Idris waste his youth playing a 4th rate wall paper character, but that's the decision both sides made and it was what it was.

Now an MCU Blue Marvel would be a good look for him but the timing is tough because he'd still be what? 2 Avenger movies and a backlog of other MCU solo movies in development before he'd get a chance to be woven into a story... unless they really made an effort to make it happen. But I'd prefer they do that route (off Heimdal and reintroduce Idris as Adam) or just let him go play John Stewart on the other side.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
We gotta rid of Perlmutter or whatever. His beef with Fiege is why we won't see the tv and movies fully crossover. Makes since why the shows don't out right reference the events of the movie because this jack ass was mad he was fired and he was wrong about what movies they should do.
How do you know they are never crossing over?

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
How do you know they are never crossing over?

When the MCU first started, Perlmutter was in charge of everything marvel, the comics, the tv and the movies. Fiege felt frustrated and stifled under him because Perlmutter would veto all his ideas ( captain marvel, black panther etc) so Fiege went to Disney and told them he was going to quiet unless Perlmutter was removed. Disney agreed and they gave Fiege total control of the MCU movies and let Perlmutter continue with the TV and comics. And Perlmutter been salty since...

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
When the MCU first started, Perlmutter was in charge of everything marvel, the comics, the tv and the movies. Fiege felt frustrated and stifled under him because Perlmutter would veto all his ideas ( captain marvel, black panther etc) so Fiege went to Disney and told them he was going to quiet unless Perlmutter was removed. Disney agreed and they gave Fiege total control of the MCU movies and let Perlmutter continue with the TV and comics. And Perlmutter been salty since...
Uh you totally didn't answer my question. Let me rephrase, if TV and the cinematic MCU were to have crossed over what past release should it have happened in and it just didn't?
Everything you said is true but Feige doesn't report to Perlmutter anymore he reports to Disney's Alan Horne who has say over both Marvel TV and movies. It is in the Netflix TV heroes contract (DD, JJ, LC, IF) they are obligated to do movies if they are requested to. Perlmutter couldn't even stop a crossover if he wanted to. If Feige wants it to happen it will. I think he just hasn't wanted to happen yet. If none of the Netflix cat are in the next two Avengers movies then I hear you. But really no MCU movie has warranted a Netflix character show up yet.