The Death of a Dynasty (fukk DISNEY).. the Official MCU Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
It doesn't get any where near the amount of hate it gets. I throughly enjoy AoU and I actually rewatch it more than the Avengers.

Yea, I watched it again recently too... been coming on FX a lot.... and was thoroughly entertained.

Martha

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Yea, I watched it again recently too... been coming on FX a lot.... and was thoroughly entertained.

Martha
At the end of the day, people only shyt on it because it wasn't the ultra-dark film that they wanted. However, from a purely narrative standpoint, there aren't many flaws in that film.

Just because a director or screenwriter didn't make the same choices you would make, doesn't make it a bad film. If you look at the story of AoU beat by beat, there aren't a lot of plot holes.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
At the end of the day, people only shyt on it because it wasn't the ultra-dark film that they wanted. However, from a purely narrative standpoint, there aren't many flaws in that film.

Just because a director or screenwriter didn't make the same choices you would make, doesn't make it a bad film. If you look at the story of AoU beat by beat, there aren't a lot of plot holes.

Yea... in truth.... the only comic book movies that really been dark was Kick Ass and Punisher Warzone and even them shyts had some comedy or funny scenes... a lot of them.

Martha

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
kEPJczB.gif

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I can say that any film could be better but the blasphemy heaped on this movie is obscene. I laughed my ass off, the action was on point, the tie in sections were seamless, & I loved Ultron. He was the cybernetic Stark with all the bravado & confidence that he couldn't be stopped. An ideal jumping point for when he's resurrected from Visions corpse & becomes the cold calculating version from the comics.

:blessed:
I like the movie too but the action is the worst part. Ultron kicked no ass, he was all talk. But I did enjoy his characterization. And I really like the movie because it set up a lot for the future MCU. Tony becoming obsessed with a future threat, Thor finding out that Asgard is in peril, Klaw and Wakanda, and the Sacovia Accords.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I like the movie too but the action is the worst part. Ultron kicked no ass, he was all talk. But I did enjoy his characterization. And I really like the movie because it set up a lot for the future MCU. Tony becoming obsessed with a future threat, Thor finding out that Asgard is in peril, Klaw and Wakanda, and the Sacovia Accords.

The fights were beautiful. :dahell:

9e8e18c57d0415364381b62a10a6608d.gif

avengers%2BGIF.gif

tumblr_nocnxnMa6m1u3sleeo1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_nmap9bHCTM1so9vgz.gif

tuoAh9.gif

tumblr_nuf0c5GQzd1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

anigif_enhanced-17644-1414039955-1.gif

6671e65fb11281e2d2e05d07733d86b7.gif

:damn:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The fights were beautiful. :dahell:

9e8e18c57d0415364381b62a10a6608d.gif

avengers%2BGIF.gif

tumblr_nocnxnMa6m1u3sleeo1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_nmap9bHCTM1so9vgz.gif

tuoAh9.gif

tumblr_nuf0c5GQzd1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

anigif_enhanced-17644-1414039955-1.gif

6671e65fb11281e2d2e05d07733d86b7.gif

:damn:
Hulkbuster vs Hulk was dope but the end fight with just easily beatable but thousands of robots does nothing for me. I did enjoy stealing Vision's body sequence as well.
Give me that hand to hand Jason Bourne shyt on steroids all day. Winter Soldier and Civil War are my kinda hype on the action tip. :whew:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:wow: its hard to believe what the MCU would evolve into when the first Iron Man trailer dropped. So I decided to rate each movies importance over the past 10 years. THe movies in read are skippable, if you've never seen the MCU and wanted to play catch up. All of the movies in LARGE letters are the cream of the crop.

Phase 1

Iron Man - The MCU's life expectancy depended on this movies success. Without Iron Man there is no MCU.

The Incredible Hulk - Honestly, this movie feels out of place. If not for the end credits scene with Tony Stark, you wouldn't know this was part of the MCU. This should've been a reboot instead of a sequel to the Bana flick. I give Marvel a pass on this one because this was probably shot at the same time Iron Man was. This movie can be skipped.

Iron Man 2 - This movie gets a lot of hate, but it wasn't that bad. It's basically an extension of the first movie. What it did was introduce fans to S.H.I E.L D and black widow. It opened the door to an expanded universe
Thor - This movie can be skipped. Even though it introduces fans to the expanded universe, you don't really need to see it. Had they stayed in Asgard, for most if not all of the movie, that would've been better. But because of the Iron Man 2 end credit scene, it wouldn't have made sense. Even the easter eggs, became a non factor (the infinity gantlet being shown with all of the infinity stones in it). The only real reason to watch is to find out why Loki is the bad guy but that can be explained in 60 seconds. Hawkeye's intro is so insignificant, you don't need to watch.

Captain America: First Avenger - Its a period piece movie, which causes it to lose some replay value. It's important because it introduces Captain America, but I would have to say its skippable to a certain extent. I would recommend watching it. ALMOST every character dies once they fast forward to the present, so their importance in the MCU is non existent. Don't really have to watch. Especially, since they do a flash back of how Cap got to the present in the Avengers movie. HOWEVER, Bucky is in this so obviously this is a must watch before you delve into Phase 2

The Avengers - Classic. The first big budget team up movie that meets expectations. It introduces a new Bruce Banner which immediately makes you forget about Norton's role.

Phase 2

Iron Man 3 - I think this movie was made because it was an contractual obligation. Basically a filler episode. The only real importance from this movie is the fact that Tony finally got the shrapnel removed from his chest.

Thor: Dark World - It's important because it introduces another infinity gem, but again, it felt like a filler episode. The problem with making a Thor movie where you have him on earth is doing an injustice to the character because of how powerful he is. The forced awkward love interest also brings down both movies thus far. The villains in both thor movies are forgettable as they never got a chance to shine.

Captain America: Winter Soldier - Classic. It wasn't just a dope super hero movie, it was a dope movie in any genre. It opened up a new lane and it also led to the disbandment of S.H.I.E.L D.

Guardians of the Galaxy - Dope movie. The MCU at this point had built up equity with fans and were allowed to think outside the box and be more creative.

Avengers: Age Of Ultron - I think the vision for this movie was too ambitious. I think it should've been done in 2 parts, but because Marvel had already mapped out a bunch of other movies, they simply took out stuff to condense it and never really allowed it to be made the way it should have. Because of the east eggs and jewels in this movie, it has to be a must watch though.

Ant Man - Another dope movie that was a risk but turned out to be a sleeper classic.

Phase 3

Captain America: Civil War
Doctor Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

Spider Man

I didn't want to type for each movie, but I didn't put any in red, which speaks to the level of quality Marvel has put out from the first phase to this one. The only meh movie could possibly be Guardians. It was never going to live up to the first movies expectations, but it still was a dope movie for the Easter eggs alone.
just stepping back and looking at what marvel did and is doing is legit amazing

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

thats actually where most of the MCU hate comes from ironically

people hate IM3 because they wanted a different mandarin
people dont like ant man because they wanted a different director
people dont like ultron because they wanted marvel to randomly change their formula which has been working for years and have ultron snapping peoples necks

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
just stepping back and looking at what marvel did and is doing is legit amazing
You know what time it is. It had a legitimately high degree of difficulty, was unprecedented and has taken extreme patience, fortitude, imagination and business savvy to pull off. Niqqaz need to recognize! That's why I love it so much. They did the impossible! And put the comic book Marvel Universe on the pedestal it deserves! And it's nowhere near over! Thank you to everyone involved! :blessed:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ultron was a pretty underwhelming villain to me. I didn't expect him to be out here taking heads off necessarily, but I expected him to pose more of a formidable threat and or/be more menacing and I just didn't get that. AoU just felt like another day at work for the Avengers. It didn't feel like Ultron put them through the wringer any harder than Loki and the Chitauri did in the first one.

I honestly came out of that film thinking Scarlet Witch was a bigger pain for them lol