Rex Tyler? :ohhh:

hourman__rex_tyler_by_craigcermak-d3l7glc.jpg

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
atleast they got rid of the worst part of the show which was the hawks and savage:camby:

Legends of Tomorrow Boss Talks About Team's Latest Loss, JSA Member's Intro

By Matt Webb Mitovich and Vlada Gelman / May 19 2016, 6:00 PM PDT

Unceremoniously deposited/ditched back in Star City of 2016 — albeit a few months later, meaning Sara heard from her dad the tragic news about Laurel — the team eventually regrouped and summoned Rip Hunter, so that they could complete their mission. And finish the job they did, vanquishing the immortal Vandal Savage not once but three times, and in three different eras.

Afterward, though, legends were down another head, as Kendra aka Hawkgirl chose to start a new life (so to speak) with her rescued soul mate Carter. “It was one of the most difficult projects I’ve ever worked on, just because it was a whole new world for me,” saysCiara Renée, who largely worked in theater prior to the CW spinoff. “But it was really wonderful, because the cast and crew were behind me the whole way. I could write a whole book about how much I learned in one season.”

Plus, she notes with a smile, “I got the opportunity to fly! And to play a superheroine, where there aren’t nearly enough of them. It was a great experience, and I’m glad to have had it.”

Legends showrunner Marc Guggenheim spoke exclusively with TVLine about the decision to clip Hawkgirl’s wings, as well as share insight into the introduction of the DC Comics hero Hourman (Suits‘ Patrick J. Adams), who appeared in the finale and will continue on for a few episodes of Season 2.

TVLINE | What went into the decision regarding Kendra’s fate in the finale?
In the finale, as you know, Vandal Savage is killed and Kendra and Carter literally fly off into the sunset together. We got into the writers’ room to start work on Season 2, working up character journeys for each of the characters. We got to Kendra and we found ourselves a little stymied by how neat a bow we tied off her story with, to the point where it was like, “Now what?” It’s got such a definitive ending, and it’s such a graceful ending. We questioned, “How do we get her back on the team? What would be motivating her?” It felt like the ending of Season 1 was very much about her needing to take some time with Carter and with developing her new identity, and every time we talked about how to bring her back to the team, it felt truncated and rushed. That started to make us think, “Maybe we should let this character be on her own, off the ship for a while.” That’s ultimately what we decided to do.

TVLINE | Did special effects play any small part in the decision? You do have three people flying around….
No, not at all. In fact, truth be told, if visual effects factored into our decision ever, it would be an argument against writing someone off, because you invest time and money in developing the assets and the digi[tal] doubles and the costumes and everything to create any of these characters — whether they fly or they don’t. Whenever you only use a character for 16 episodes and then you move off from the character, it’s probably not the most cost-effective way of doing things.

RELATEDLegends of Tomorrow Star Down, Not Entirely Out, After Shocking Twist" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(0, 114, 188); text-decoration: none;">Legends of Tomorrow Star Down, Not Entirely Out, After Shocking Twist

TVLINE | Will we see Kendra and Carter at all in Season 2?
We don’t know. As with all things, if we have the right story, absolutely. If Ciara and Falk [Hentschel] are amenable and game… What’s really wonderful about this universe that we’ve built up [is] no one’s ever gone forever. I’ve been saying with respect to [Arrow’s] Laurel, dead is not goodbye. And alive and goodbye is not goodbye. It’s just a matter of those characters coming back around in an organic way, especially on Legends, where the conceit of the show has always been the ship itself is a revolving door. There can always be old faces returning and new faces being introduced. That’s part of the show.

TVLINE | How did you arrive at the DC Comics character of Rex Tyler akaHourman for Patrick J. Adams to play?
It was basically based upon a conversation I had with [DC Comics CCO] Geoff Johns, where we were talking about the variety of different characters Patrick could play. What’s cool about Patrick’s appearance is he’s not just appearing as Hourman but he’s also appearing as a member of the Justice Society of America. So for me, it was very much like, “OK, who’s a character that I associate with the JSA? Who can show up, say his name, and I go, ‘Ohhhh, JSA —that’s cool’?” Certainly, Hourman is a key member of the JSA, at least the version of the JSA that I hold near and dear.

RELATEDLegends of Tomorrow Boss Promises More Snart and Weighs In on TV’s Time Travel Craze" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(0, 114, 188); text-decoration: none;">Legends of Tomorrow Boss Promises More Snart and Weighs In on TV’s Time Travel Craze

TVLINE | Are you feeling like Season 2 will be another contained one-season arc? Is that the formula you’re liking?
[Legends] was always designed to be this hybrid, serialized/anthology show. We always said that each year would be its own distinct movie — almost to the point that you could give each season a subtitle. So we’ve got the same objective for next year and I think it’s really cool and exciting. It will have a very clear beginning, middle and end, much the same way Season 1 did. But it’ll be constructed a little bit differently, in so far as this first season was a pilot coming off of the Arrow/Flashcrossover, so the villain was already set up. We weren’t able to roll things out with the mystery that we typically like to do on the shows. This will be a bit more of a cold start, which is exciting for us.

Want more scoop on Legends, or for any other show? Emailinsideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
This Fan-Favourite Character Won't Return In Season 2 Of LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

Tonight's season finale of Legends of Tomorrow featured Hawkman and Hawkgirl deciding that they wanted to go off and start a life together in peace now that Vandal Savage has finally been dealt with (three times). As a result, Ciara Renée - a series regular in season one - is now exiting that role. Falk Hentschel was only ever a recurring guest star, so his departure isn't quite so surprising.

"We went through the team, made a list of all the characters and started to think of stories for them," producer Marc Guggenheim explains about the decision to say goodbye to Hawkgirl. "When we got to Hawkman and Hawkgirl, we had trouble coming up with stories. The bow was tied so tightly and neatly with their story in the finale, that everything we thought of felt very forced. After 4000 years, they were no longer under the specter of Vandal, and we felt they need some time off. Bringing them back to the team as soon as the the beginning of Season 2 felt premature."

It sounds like they MIGHT make another appearance somewhere down the line then, though don't be surprised if other characters are also switched out moving forwad. "We have a very organic system in place to take a break form characters. The composition of the team is going to change; there will be some new faces on the Waverider. The season finale planted some very significant flags in terms of what the new concept of the show will be in season 2." Right now, the show is looking to cast a male and female regular to join the team, so we'll be getting some fresh blood in the series soon enough.

This is the second major cast shake-up to Legends of Tomorrow after Wentworth Miller departedLegends of Tomorrow but signed a unique new contract which will see him become a regular presence in The CW's comic book offerings. How that will work remains to be seen, but an Earth-2 doppelgänger would certainly be one direction to take things in. For now, we'll just have to wait and see...

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I thought the finale was okay. The team finally defeating Blandal Savage didn't really have the impact it should have, it was more like it's the last episode so we gotta wrap this shyt up :yeshrug:. The fact he was always escaping defeat when the whole team was after him, but breaking them up into tag-teams they were able to defeat him was kinda suspect. Even if the ritual made him mortal :patrice:. His grand scheme being that he wanted to return the world back to ancient Egypt so he could be a God then was :ld:as well.

Hawkgirl was :whew:to look at at times, but her character and relationship with Hawkman/Savage was far from an asset on the show. Too often they came across as losers, Hawkman in particular :skip:and if Savage didn't gain power by killing them in each time period you couldn't tell me he wouldn't get bored chasing them throughout history.

If wonder if Grey's wife has a side-piece because she can't wait to get dude out the house :lupe:

Once again Rip made a decision, only for the team to come back and fix his mistakes. It was cool he was ready to sacrifice his life at the end there, but all season he was mostly a terrible captain.

Having said that I did enjoy some aspects of the season, and now that the team is established (minus whoever new joins) and a better villain/threat it should be a better show in season 2.
Hourman and JSA :jbhmm:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
just finished up the finale..it was solid :ehh:

mostly cuz hawkgirl and hawkman flew the fukk off nvr to be seen again :blessed:....i must admit ol gurl body is ridiculous :whew: if only she wasnt so damn brown bag status :scust:

hopefully there wont be no love triangle bullshyt with sarah or some dumb shyt next season cuz that was legit WOAT this season