The DCCU takeover is just a year away.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps

Gunn is a clown who doesn't get it. He thinks the corny sunshine and rainbows Superman will win out over the more complicated Snyder Superman. The problem is that people already had that.

With Brandon Routh in Superman Returns and it flopped. Badly. :mjgrin:

Cornball Superman is as dull as watching paint dry.

And funnily enough his idea for Superman is actually reminiscent of Patty Jenkins' idea for Wonder Woman in WW84, which flopped. Because she wanted a cornball Wonder Woman.

While Snyder's idea in the 1st Wonder Woman movie is what led to that being a hit. :wow:

Last edited:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Gunn is a clown who doesn't get it. He thinks the corny sunshine and rainbows Superman will win out over the more complicated Snyder Superman. The problem is that people already had that.

With Brandon Routh in Superman Returns and it flopped. Badly. :mjgrin:

Cornball Superman is as dull as watching paint dry.

And funnily enough his idea for Superman is actually reminiscent of Patty Jenkins' idea for Wonder Woman in WW84, which flopped. Because she leaned into into cornball Wonder Woman.

While Snyder's idea in the 1st Wonder Woman movie is what led to that being a hit. :wow:

Superman Returns had a higher box office than Batman Begins.

Superman : Legacy will be in the billion dollar club.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Superman is not the Hulk. Clark Kent and Superman aren't alter egos. It's not a Jekyll and Hyde character.

Please unlearn everything that b*stardized MoS (PoS) version taught you.

Being kind and even tempered are defining traits of the character.

If you wanna see Superman in a fit of rage laser beaming buildings to ash this isn't a film for you.

:hubie:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Superman is not the Hulk. Clark Kent and Superman aren't alter egos. It's not a Jekyll and Hyde character.

Please unlearn everything that b*stardized MoS (PoS) version taught you.

Being kind and even tempered are defining traits of the character.

If you wanna see Superman in a fit of rage laser beaming buildings to ash this isn't a film for you.

:hubie:

We also want to see him fight a real challenge...not fall for Lex Luthor's traps or do the campy style of Supes...Reeves and Routh don't need to be brought back into 2024 or beyond...

This supes will fail...

Henry was the best one...

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
We also want to see him fight a real challenge...not fall for Lex Luthor's traps or do the campy style of Supes...Reeves and Routh don't need to be brought back into 2024 or beyond...

This supes will fail...

Henry was the best one...

I'm sure there's a balance that will leave most everyone satisfied. Gunn understands there's a divide in the fanbase and he's stated he hopes to mend it. I'm confident he will.

It's not going to be camp but it isn't going to look like some death metal music video either.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Damn

All this time DC Stan’s hate, outrage, ire, and chagrin was at Marvel. Blaming them for everything and taking every shot the when they can.:huhldup:

When the real party that was the true thorn in their side and brought them down was FOX’s Deadpool:wow:

shyt is like the Wire and the Snyderverse DCCU went out like Omar

Deadpool, starring Ryan Reynolds, reinvented the superhero game with its R-rating, mature comedy, and extremely entertaining storyline. Deadpool’s entire box office run earned it a total of $782 million. When you compare it to Zack Snyder’s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Deadpool’s total is just about a hundred million dollars less than that of BvS’s $873 million. While on the surface, Snyder’s film might seem to be the clear winner, let’s not forget that it was made on a budget of $250 – 300 million whereas Deadpool was made on an extremely low budget of $58 million.

This led to Warner Bros putting on their thinking caps and switching things up for DC. After the super serious BvS was met with not-so-pleasant reviews, the company decided to take a page out of Deadpool’s book. And thus, The Suicide Squad, which was initially supposed to be more serious, was turned into a humor-filled film. Unfortunately, The Suicide Squad has a low rating on Rotten Tomatoes of just 26%.

shyt is crazy man:wow:

There NEVER should’ve been a DC vs Marvel or Marvel vs DC Stan war brehs:damn:

This shyt was always Fox vs DC and Fox did massive damage:huhldup:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Damn

All this time DC Stan’s hate, outrage, ire, and chagrin was at Marvel. Blaming them for everything and taking every shot the when they can.:huhldup:

When the real party that was the true thorn in their side and brought them down was FOX’s Deadpool:wow:

shyt is like the Wire and the Snyderverse DCCU went out like Omar

shyt is crazy man:wow:

There NEVER should’ve been a DC vs Marvel or Marvel vs DC Stan war brehs:damn:

This shyt was always Fox vs DC and Fox did massive damage:huhldup:

I thought SS was trying to be more of a Guardians bite but this makes sense. And SS was pretty good until the final act then it went off the rails. I was enjoying myself until the final fight.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Since I predicted the DCEU demise, I will over my take.

WB/DC/Gunn had an opportunity to take advantage of a post Infinity Saga MCU and blew it. They continued to put out shytty content. The only difference is Marvel was able to put out way more so for every bad project marvel put out, they put out something worthy. But it still hurt the overall MCU brand.

Everyone thought marvel would right the ship with phase 5. Even though Wakanda Forever was a hit, it didn’t do a billion and Ant-Man wasn’t that good.

Now Marvel is at a cross roads. Basically, DC and Gunn have an opportunity to sit back and see how the next few years play out with Phase 5 and adjust accordingly.

They basically get a chance for a do over. Feige on the other hand has less margin for error. They can’t afford to fukk up phase 5. If Marvel rights the ship then it won’t matter what DC does. If they make good movies, it will only light a fire under Marvel to match that energy. If they make bad movies, then Marvel still wins.