The DCCU takeover is just a year away.

Daps
The MCU has put upwards of 75 Marvel Superheroes and Villains on screen. DC can't continue doing Batman films every 2 or 3 years.

They need to get their universe on track. There's a lot of DC characters I'd like to see have a steady, meaningful presence in movies.
I hate how they make these batman movies that can't even use half the villains because they aren't grounded enough

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

"Our ambition is to bring Warners back and to produce great high quality films, and as we look at the opportunities that we have broadly, DC is one of the top of the list for us," Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav explained. "You look at Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman — these are brands that are known everywhere in the world. The ability to drive those all over the world with great story is a big opportunity for us. We have done a reset. We've restructured the business. We're going to focus. There will be a team with a 10-year plan focusing just on DC. It's very similar to the structure that Alan Horn and and Bob Iger put together, very effectively, with Kevin Feige at Disney. We think that we could build a long-term much stronger, sustainable growth business out of DC. And as part of that, we're going to focus on quality. We're not going to release any film before it's ready. We're not going to release a film to make quarter. The focus is going to be — how do we make each of these films, in general, as good as possible? DC is something that we think we could make better, and we're focused on it now. We have some great DC films coming up — Black Adam, Shazam!, and The Flash. We're working on all of those. we're very excited about them."

"We've looked hard at the at the direct-to-streaming business," Zaslav continued. "We've seen, luckily, by having access now to all the data, how direct-to-streaming movies perform, and our conclusion is that expensive direct-to-streaming movies, in terms of how people are consuming them on the platform, how often people go there or buy it, or buy a service for it, and how it gets nourished over time. It's no comparison to what happens when you launch a film in the theaters. So this idea of expensive films going directly to streaming, we cannot find an economic case for it. We can't find an economic value for it. And so we're making a strategic shift, as part of that. We've been out in the town, talking about our commitment to the theatrical exhibition in the theatrical window. A number of movies will be launched with shorter windows. Some might have different kinds of marketing campaigns where we take advantage of having the biggest platform and a platform that all motion picture companies look for. But we'll always be agile. Our focus will be on theatrical, and when we bring the theatrical films to HBO Max, we find they have substantially more value. And we have an ecosystem where we can have the premiere motion picture business. That's why most people move to Hollywood. That's why most people got in this business to be on the big screen and the lights went out, that is the magic. And the economic model is much stronger. And the other thing is that we're going to focus very hard on quality. As I said — we're not going to launch a movie until it's ready, we're not going to go to movie to make a quarter, and we're not going to put the movie out unless we believe in it. And that's it, particularly with DC, where we think we want to pivot, and we want to elevate and we want to focus."

"The objective is to grow the DC brand, to grow the DC characters," Zaslav concluded. "But also, our job is to protect the DC brand, and that's what we're going to do."
200w.gif

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I am curious though.
I know they got Alan Horn but anyone else that can help them here? :patrice:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
When your biggest character doesn’t have super powers, it’s kinda hard to put him in the forefront.

Unless they’re going to jack Stark Technology, and just make shyt up to give him an advantage.

The problem with DC characters is they shine better in comics and cartoons, but it’s kinda hard to make them work on camera.

Will everything take place on earth? They gonna really have to think outside the box.