Daps
Reppin
St louis
:mjlol:

wat6rr.jpg

Jards

All Star
Daps
I don't get it with these movie makers. They made a bad movie (The Mummy), so they want to scrap the idea. Instead of saying,"Hey....ya know what, folks won't come out and see some ole bullshyt. Let's get some quality writers and a quality director in here and take our time and cultivate this dark universe." NOPE. It's like they realized they'd have to do some real work and actually put out a decent product so they said fukk it and left. SMH.
:russ:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
DC is already pretty much dominating the television medium and expanding further this fall, but 2016 Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad is going to snatch the throne from Marvel. Mark my words on that. The number ONE reason is there's a start of a Marvel backlash starting to brew, maybe due to over-saturation or casual and die-hards alike are beginning to see the redundancy of their films. Last year appears to be MCU's plateau that they peaked. Now with the grumblings so far over Age of Ultron by both negative AND positive reviews by those whom so far seen it from early screenings or international views and the overwhelming disinterest over the upcoming Ant-Man film, plus the growing hype between both DoJ and Suicide Squad, DC can very realistically going to take over as the dominant comic book film franchise. The ONLY thing that stands in its way as of right now is Civil War, but my fear with that, despite the Russo brothers may have directed the best Marvel movie, is if Dawn of Justice lives up the hype that it would swallow up a so-called "Ironman v. Captain America" film, especially when we basically already SEEN all of them fight each other.

The best way I can compare this metaphorically is Marvel's No Limit and DC is Cash Money (Hot Boyz era). Marvel is like No Limit that came through and crushed buildings and keep having new release after new release after release after release back to back to back to back with each "event" album being the Master P LP. Whereas Cash Money is something that been around longer but never bubbled until AFTER No Limit's dominating success, then came through and took over the second No Limit started to become played out.
:picard:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
DC is already pretty much dominating the television medium and expanding further this fall, but 2016 Dawn of Justice and Suicide Squad is going to snatch the throne from Marvel. Mark my words on that. The number ONE reason is there's a start of a Marvel backlash starting to brew, maybe due to over-saturation or casual and die-hards alike are beginning to see the redundancy of their films. Last year appears to be MCU's plateau that they peaked. Now with the grumblings so far over Age of Ultron by both negative AND positive reviews by those whom so far seen it from early screenings or international views and the overwhelming disinterest over the upcoming Ant-Man film, plus the growing hype between both DoJ and Suicide Squad, DC can very realistically going to take over as the dominant comic book film franchise. The ONLY thing that stands in its way as of right now is Civil War, but my fear with that, despite the Russo brothers may have directed the best Marvel movie, is if Dawn of Justice lives up the hype that it would swallow up a so-called "Ironman v. Captain America" film, especially when we basically already SEEN all of them fight each other.

The best way I can compare this metaphorically is Marvel's No Limit and DC is Cash Money (Hot Boyz era). Marvel is like No Limit that came through and crushed buildings and keep having new release after new release after release after release back to back to back to back with each "event" album being the Master P LP. Whereas Cash Money is something that been around longer but never bubbled until AFTER No Limit's dominating success, then came through and took over the second No Limit started to become played out.
:wow:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC should really focus on smaller scale characters. Give the movies a $20 million or less budget and make them more like genre films.

Imagine a live action movie based on Jeff Lemire's Animal Man :ohhh:. Could be DC's equivalent of a Blumhouse film.

Or a movie set in the Vega system that could appeal to hard sci fi fans.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I'm sure he really believed what he was posting.

Then the actual movies came out and :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:
Man, this thread did not age well at all. Outside of Antman and Doc Strange, didn’t every Marvel Film make more than Dawn of Justice?
:dead:

The way he typed that u can tell he believed every word. EVERY WORD
:dead:
When Suicide Squad 2 drops and wins an Oscar for best catering, yall will be regretting these posts. Just wait
9CdNzFl.png

Last edited: