The daughters of the Slave Trade

ReasonableMatic

Daps
The only reason the concept of race exists is for white people who beefed for centuries to come together to divide and conquer the world.
Been preaching the exact same thing out here,
but nikkas too busy reading Bibles opposed to history books.

This idea of unifying under “whiteness” is a pan-European construct.

That’s the reason why we don’t learn THAT side of European history, because it lays the historical perspective out in the open.

CACS hated eachother and unified under the flag of “whiteness”.
They haven’t looked back since :francis:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Been preaching the exact same thing.

That’s the reason why we don’t learn THAT side of European history, because it lays the historical perspective out in the open.
I guess the next question is, if we see how they moving what is going to be are reaction

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Been preaching the exact same thing.

This circles back to what I initially said :deadrose:

The Europeans put their differences aside to conquer everyone else. They get back to their infighting AFTER dealing with the other “races”.

So whether “race” as a concept was created, clearly there was a reason they banded with EACH OTHER instead of a group of Africans, Asians, etc.
They still view each other as a group.
That’s the ultimate point. That pale skin still unites them when they have issues with each other.

We need to band together under Blackness to get our shyt together as a group.

omnifax

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kalamazoo, MI #ADOS
I literally said that they didn’t see them as their own people. It’s tough for us to wrap our heads around because we weren’t taught to see/understand it that way.

Many of us were raised/educated to have a Pan African mindset, but yea- that was a landmass with many different nations, tribes, languages, cultures, etc. Of course those weren’t “their people”. That’s why this could occur. It takes a minute to come to that realization when we aren’t taught to see it that way. But it’s no different than issues between European nations and Asian nations.

True and it was engrained in our people during enslavement. When you read about how they spoke different languages and came from different tribes but had to learn how to get along with each other because that was all they had. It was essential to put that stuff aside to some degree to survive enslavement and I think a lot of that carried over afterward and made it easier to accept the idea of Pan Africanism because we embodied it in that way.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Been preaching the exact same thing out here,
but nikkas too busy reading Bibles opposed to history books.

anyone who read european history should be able to see this.

The actual first world war was the crusades *which they lost( That was the first time europeans came on one accord against non whites before that and during that they fought each other which is why they lost in the crusades

After that they completely coded up before they fought non whites.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
:why::why::why: Wtf does that have to do with my point? I never denied that slavery was bad. My point was about the main actors, and when it comes to that, mixed people weren't really a big factor.
They were the most important factor the shyt wouldn't have worked without them.

Daps
I'm posting this because I breh wanted to know who were the Black people involved in the Altlantic Slave trade if was a combination of cacs and their Black wives and their children.

the enslavers made a buffer class of confused negroes.

They were called different names by different europeans but they all did the same thing>

The french called them Signare

The portuguese called the Nhara

I call them sellouts

Signares were black and mulatto Senegalease women who have an influence via their marriage with European men and their patrimony. These women of color managed to gain some individual assets, status, and power in the hierarchies of the Atlantic slave trade.[1]

There was a Portuguese equivalent, referred to as Nhara, a name for Luso-African businesswomen who played an important part as business agents through their connections with both Portuguese and African populations.[2] There was also an English language equivalent of women of mixed African and British or American descent with the same position, such as Betsy Heard, Mary Faber, and Elizabeth Frazer Skelton.

Just making this thread to highlight the complicity of all people in the slave trade but I still can't find that traitoress bedwench who came to america to observe Black people in chains while she keekkee/ed with the crackers.
I know about this. I love throwing these facts at a bedwench's/die-vestor's face when tey say that it was only black men that were selling slaves.

Daps
This makes zero sense, unless you tend to romanticize/or try to turn everything into an epic story due to Hollywood influence.

Do some of you struggle with looking at the bigger picture when analyzing history? It seems like you tend to focus on outcasts and try to portray them as the norm, in order to avoid dealing with reality. These mixed people lived under native rule and laws. And they weren't the biggest traders. You guys just want to focus on them because they were mixed. There weren't enough mixed people. There weren't enough non-black people. The ratio difference was disproportionately high.

The wealthier states(the ones that depended on slavery and the ones that didn't depend on slavery) were ruled by native rulers, with native commanders, governors, administrators etc. Until late 19th century and early 20th century, the control was in the hands of former African states ruled by native leaders.

I would just like to see if you apply the same logic as far as everything and every other group...

1 - So, around 10 million enslaved people were sold to the Americas by some former African states, and this happened over more than 400 years(4 centuries). And around the same number of Chinese were killed by Japanese in 10 years, in mid-20th century alone. Do you see this as Japanese killing their own Asian brothers and sisters or you see Japanese as an individual ethnic group, with their own interests and Han Chinese also as an individual ethnic group? Like, do you see the massacres, raping and killings the Japanese committed against Koreans, Thai, Filipinos, Indonesians, Vietnamese as them killing their fellow brothers and sisters or to you, the brothers and sisters of Japanese are only other Japanese?

"When Japan was finally defeated in 1945, China was on the winning side, but lay devastated, having suffered some 15 million deaths, massive destruction of industrial infrastructure and agricultural production, and the shattering of the tentative modernization begun by the Nationalist government."

PS1: This study puts the numbers at 15 million but, from what I have seen, most studies put the numbers at 10 million. And this is only Japan against China, it doesn't include Japan's massacres against other Asian countries.

2 - Around 80 million Europeans were killed in 30 years, during world wars 1 and 2...And in many cases, Europeans were assembling soldiers of non-European background(from India, Africa, Middle East etc) to help them kill, rape and massacre their opposition in these wars. The opposition were just Europeans. So, do you also see world wars as Europeans killing, raping and massacring their fellow European brothers and sisters, or you properly separate by ethnic groups, ideologies etc?

PS2: I'm not attacking you, I just want to know if you apply the same simplification of events to everything and every other group. Or, if this is only applied to specific regions while for other regions you use a more complex analysis of historical events.
At the bolded part - They never do that. They can't seem to grasp that Pan-Continentalism/Racial ideology is BS that can never hold up.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
This makes zero sense, unless you tend to romanticize/or try to turn everything into an epic story due to Hollywood influence.

Do some of you struggle with looking at the bigger picture when analyzing history? It seems like you tend to focus on outcasts and try to portray them as the norm, in order to avoid dealing with reality. These mixed people lived under native rule and laws. And they weren't the biggest traders. You guys just want to focus on them because they were mixed. There weren't enough mixed people. There weren't enough non-black people. The ratio difference was disproportionately high.

The wealthier states(the ones that depended on slavery and the ones that didn't depend on slavery) were ruled by native rulers, with native commanders, governors, administrators etc. Until late 19th century and early 20th century, the control was in the hands of former African states ruled by native leaders.

I would just like to see if you apply the same logic as far as everything and every other group...

1 - So, around 10 million enslaved people were sold to the Americas by some former African states, and this happened over more than 400 years(4 centuries). And around the same number of Chinese were killed by Japanese in 10 years, in mid-20th century alone. Do you see this as Japanese killing their own Asian brothers and sisters or you see Japanese as an individual ethnic group, with their own interests and Han Chinese also as an individual ethnic group? Like, do you see the massacres, raping and killings the Japanese committed against Koreans, Thai, Filipinos, Indonesians, Vietnamese as them killing their fellow brothers and sisters or to you, the brothers and sisters of Japanese are only other Japanese?

"When Japan was finally defeated in 1945, China was on the winning side, but lay devastated, having suffered some 15 million deaths, massive destruction of industrial infrastructure and agricultural production, and the shattering of the tentative modernization begun by the Nationalist government."

PS1: This study puts the numbers at 15 million but, from what I have seen, most studies put the numbers at 10 million. And this is only Japan against China, it doesn't include Japan's massacres against other Asian countries.

2 - Around 80 million Europeans were killed in 30 years, during world wars 1 and 2...And in many cases, Europeans were assembling soldiers of non-European background(from India, Africa, Middle East etc) to help them kill, rape and massacre their opposition in these wars. The opposition were just Europeans. So, do you also see world wars as Europeans killing, raping and massacring their fellow European brothers and sisters, or you properly separate by ethnic groups, ideologies etc?

PS2: I'm not attacking you, I just want to know if you apply the same simplification of events to everything and every other group. Or, if this is only applied to specific regions while for other regions you use a more complex analysis of historical events.

This is such an odd and c00n’d out post.

If Africans were not wrong for participating in TAS then Europeans weren’t either.

The examples you gave are all people who still have smoke with each other btw. Have you ever been to Asia?

People do not need to see each other as “brothers and sisters” to see chattel slavery as morally wrong.

Daps
Reppin
Botz
This is such an odd and c00n’d out post.

If Africans were not wrong for participating in TAS then Europeans weren’t either.

The examples you gave are all people who still have smoke with each other btw. Have you ever been to Asia?

This is such a predictable and emotional post...You all become extremely emotional when discussing history, even worse if it involves discussing slavery.

Where did I say that TAS wasn't wrong? Specifically point out in my comment where I did that...My comment actually highlights that the biggest actors were Africans from the states that participated in slave trade. Not mixed people, as the main poster is trying to make it look like...

And yes, I have been to Asia. I have posted here about it...

People do not need to see each other as “brothers and sisters” to see chattel slavery as morally wrong.

This doesn't address my questions, is just you deflecting from them...Because people do not need to see each other as "brothers and sisters" to see that mass killings and rapes is morally wrong. So, do you apply the same logic to every other group? Do you see the Japanese mass killings as Asians killing their own? Do you see world wars mass killings as Europeans killing their own? Or complexity of thought is only reserved for some and simplification for the rest?

They were the most important factor the shyt wouldn't have worked without them.

No, they were not. You're historically illiterate if you believe in this bs. At the height of the slave trade, none of the biggest states involved in it was lead by mixed people or biracials. These mixed people in the OP were traders, like other non-mixed traders in their regions. They didn't make politics. They didn't make rules, they followed what was legal in the region. The rulers were native. These rulers decided if they wanted to trade slaves or not. Some kingdoms opted to do it, while others didn't do it.

Africa is one of the places with least recent admixture in the world. Mixed people haven't been a main factor for most of the continent's recent history.

Last edited:

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
This is such a predictable and emotional post...You all become extremely emotional when discussing history, even worse if it involves discussing slavery.

Where did I say that TAS wasn't wrong? Specifically point out in my comment where I did that...My comment actually highlights that the biggest actors were Africans from the states that participated in slave trade. Not mixed people, as the main poster is trying to make it look like...

And yes, I have been to Asia. I have posted here about it...

No emotions here but I understand why you need to project that.

OP didn't say mixed people or better known as "free people of color" were the majority but that they were simply an important buffer class in the dynamic.

Not that I disagree with you that large African states were the biggest actors, but your post has the subtext of "Africans didn't see each other as kinsmen" fallacy that Pan Africans love to use as an excuse not realizing it absolves Europeans even more.

But to your point: