The daughters of the Slave Trade

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
People talk about the slave trade as if it happened during the days of Achilles and there are no concrete documents, monuments etc of people involved. There are numerous books written in real time by europeans, arabs and Africans detailing the trade in detail, its just that in general, African and black people in general seem not to be great fans of history.

Thats why people can run with the bullshyt narrative that somehow Africans began and ran the slave trade..:wtf:

You want to hide something from us, just place it in a book :why:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
People talk about the slave trade as if it happened during the days of Achilles and there are no concrete documents, monuments etc of people involved. There are numerous books written in real time by europeans, arabs and Africans detailing the trade in detail, its just that in general, African and black people in general seem not to be great fans of history.

Africans leave FBA out of it.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Man what a tough thing to sit and think about. Kings in other nations were selling their fellow Africans, too.

But I guess when ppl discuss this topic, we are told that they didn’t see them as fellow brothers and sisters because they may have been from opposing tribes and these were people they had conquered or captured? Ionno. It definitely makes you sad when you delve into the history of the slave trade.

People will do what's in their perceived best interests

Besides race is a european concept. Believe me those c00ns didn't think they were selling their brothers and sisters to the white devils.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
This makes zero sense, unless you tend to romanticize/or try to turn everything into an epic story due to Hollywood influence.

Do some of you struggle with looking at the bigger picture when analyzing history? It seems like you tend to focus on outcasts and try to portray them as the norm, in order to avoid dealing with reality. These mixed people lived under native rule and laws. And they weren't the biggest traders. You guys just want to focus on them because they were mixed. There weren't enough mixed people. There weren't enough non-black people. The ratio difference was disproportionately high.

The wealthier states(the ones that depended on slavery and the ones that didn't depend on slavery) were ruled by native rulers, with native commanders, governors, administrators etc. Until late 19th century and early 20th century, the control was in the hands of former African states ruled by native leaders.

I would just like to see if you apply the same logic as far as everything and every other group...

1 - So, around 10 million enslaved people were sold to the Americas by some former African states, and this happened over more than 400 years(4 centuries). And around the same number of Chinese were killed by Japanese in 10 years, in mid-20th century alone. Do you see this as Japanese killing their own Asian brothers and sisters or you see Japanese as an individual ethnic group, with their own interests and Han Chinese also as an individual ethnic group? Like, do you see the massacres, raping and killings the Japanese committed against Koreans, Thai, Filipinos, Indonesians, Vietnamese as them killing their fellow brothers and sisters or to you, the brothers and sisters of Japanese are only other Japanese?

"When Japan was finally defeated in 1945, China was on the winning side, but lay devastated, having suffered some 15 million deaths, massive destruction of industrial infrastructure and agricultural production, and the shattering of the tentative modernization begun by the Nationalist government."

PS1: This study puts the numbers at 15 million but, from what I have seen, most studies put the numbers at 10 million. And this is only Japan against China, it doesn't include Japan's massacres against other Asian countries.

2 - Around 80 million Europeans were killed in 30 years, during world wars 1 and 2...And in many cases, Europeans were assembling soldiers of non-European background(from India, Africa, Middle East etc) to help them kill, rape and massacre their opposition in these wars. The opposition were just Europeans. So, do you also see world wars as Europeans killing, raping and massacring their fellow European brothers and sisters, or you properly separate by ethnic groups, ideologies etc?

PS2: I'm not attacking you, I just want to know if you apply the same simplification of events to everything and every other group. Or, if this is only applied to specific regions while for other regions you use a more complex analysis of historical events.
What are you trying to say here that Slavery wasn't that bad? Actually chattel slavery as praticed by the europeans was worse than any world war even in the holocuast they didn't try to make jews deny their own heritage.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Africans sold to Africans to cacs in most cases/

That does NOT absolve cacs from responsibility though.
Define sold. Most Africans were captured now the people doing the capturing may have been outsourced and they sold them but the people were stolen not sold.

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
ut I guess when ppl discuss this topic, we are told that they didn’t see them as fellow brothers and sisters because they may have been from opposing tribes and these were people they had conquered or captured? Ionno. It definitely makes you sad when you delve into the history of the slave trade.

What’s really infuriating is a large part of west Africa is still in disarray due to tribalism.

A continent with trillions of dollars of natural resources will never see its full potential due to infighting and white fukkery.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
That simplification as you put it is in my view in part a result of a pan-African mindset that many of us were taught here in America. The idea that we are all one big group distorts and confuses people looking at those events and wonder how they could sell their "own people". When you come out of that thinking you realize as you stated that they weren't their people so there was no attachment.
I literally said that they didn’t see them as their own people. It’s tough for us to wrap our heads around because we weren’t taught to see/understand it that way.

Many of us were raised/educated to have a Pan African mindset, but yea- that was a landmass with many different nations, tribes, languages, cultures, etc. Of course those weren’t “their people”. That’s why this could occur. It takes a minute to come to that realization when we aren’t taught to see it that way. But it’s no different than issues between European nations and Asian nations.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
What’s really infuriating is a large part of west Africa is still in disarray due to tribalism.

A continent with trillions of dollars of natural resources will never see its full potential due to infighting and white fukkery.
That’s the ultimate point. Shyt is in perpetual disarray because Africans were conquered physically and mentally by the West. The most plentiful continent is literally raped to supply the rest of the world with resources and labor.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I literally said that they didn’t see them as their own people. It’s tough for us to wrap our heads around because we weren’t taught to see/understand it that way.

Many of us were raised/educated to have a Pan African mindset, but yea- that was a landmass with many different nations, tribes, languages, cultures, etc. Of course those weren’t “their people”. That’s why this could occur. It takes a minute to come to that realization when we aren’t taught to see it that way. But it’s no different than issues between European nations and Asian nations.
The only reason the concept of race exists is for white people who beefed for centuries to come together to divide and conquer the world.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Man what a tough thing to sit and think about. Kings in other nations were selling their fellow Africans, too.

But I guess when ppl discuss this topic, we are told that they didn’t see them as fellow brothers and sisters because they may have been from opposing tribes and these were people they had conquered or captured? Ionno. It definitely makes you sad when you delve into the history of the slave trade.

Many Africans that were sold during the trans-Atlantic Slavetrade that ended up in the Americas, were sold BECAUSE they didn’t convert to Christianity.

Hence all the shared elements of indigenous African Spiritual Systems in the African Diaspora.

IMG-6159.jpg

Once you understand and accept the historical reality that Christianity (and Islam) are colonial religions imposed on Africans.

The traces back to the Ancient African Kingdoms we come from can be traced via African Spiritual Systems in the Diaspora that preserved that information.

That’s the reason why our enslavers demonized our Ancestal Spiritual systems and used violence to try to break that cultural link and substitute it for theirs.

Last edited:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
The only reason the concept of race exists is for white people who beefed for centuries to come together to divide and conquer the world.
AGAIN- that was ultimate point.

White ppl put their shyt aside to conquer the world and we didn’t pick up on it until it was too late.

Whatever reason “race” was created, they banded together under that umbrella while we were not of that mindset, and the White “race” benefited from it.

Daps
Reppin
Botz
What are you trying to say here that Slavery wasn't that bad? Actually chattel slavery as praticed by the europeans was worse than any world war even in the holocuast they didn't try to make jews deny their own heritage.

:why::why::why: Wtf does that have to do with my point? I never denied that slavery was bad. My point was about the main actors, and when it comes to that, mixed people weren't really a big factor.