The Darkside of Microsoft Going third party.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Which you would be spending more than a 1000 dollars for.
yup, free market doing it's thing. Sony loses money, someone else gets that money. Same thing that happens currently.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yup, free market doing it's thing. Sony loses money, someone else gets that money. Same thing that happens currently.
I honestly think people would buy a PlayStation for a 1000 dollars. If they do it for a phone they would do it for a console.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I honestly think people would buy a PlayStation for a 1000 dollars. If they do it for a phone they would do it for a console.
And I honestly think we see pc numbers jump if the only console option was 1000+. In either case, there would be competition.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they try that I just won’t buy it and will stick to the PS5 or head over to the Nintendo side which I think a lot of people would do.:yeshrug:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I’m not getting this monopoly talk like it’s Sonys fault.

Y’all mad we didn’t buy Xboxes or sub to gamepass? Are we supposed to have sympathy for M$ cause they fukked up?
It's not Sony's fault as much as you have Sony fanboys rejoicing like this happening is what the industry needs. If Microsoft pulls out of the console space we're all going to be left with inferior products with inferior features for it. Some of the stuff Sony fanboys love about the PlayStation were ideas Microsoft either came up with outright or introduced to consoles or refined.

Competition is necessary for innovation and pricing.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It's not Sony's fault as much as you have Sony fanboys rejoicing like this happening is what the industry needs. If Microsoft pulls out of the console space we're all going to be left with inferior products with inferior features for it. Some of the stuff Sony fanboys love about the PlayStation were ideas Microsoft either came up with outright or introduced to consoles or refined.

Competition is necessary for innovation and pricing.
I like you used the word refined. Guess what, Sony refined some of the same things you credit M$ for inventing. Same with Nintendo.

Netscape navigator invented some shyt too. AOL. The list goes on.

As it currently stands even without comp, Sony has to maintain customers. If they fukk up someone will fill the gap. There’s too much money to be made.

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
Micro$haft is one of the main reasons that gaming is all fukked up in the first place, as archived in the below articles

Damn, the Xbots seem to be ignoring the facts I posted... I wonder why? :mjlol:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Microsoft really does go third party and Sony has the only console best believe they can mark 100 dollar games and the 1000 dollar console is coming. As much as I dislike Microsoft’s business practices competition is always good and keeps the other competitor in check.

That being said it would be nice if a new challenger comes through. I think Apple has potential but they would need to be very serious on how they approach gaming.

These takea are retarded. People aren't buying a 1k console, Playstation will never commit suicide like that.

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Sony would be stupid to do that and even if they did they're leaving it open for an Apple/Google/Tencent etc to swoop in with their own budget priced competitor..... again why would Sony be so stupid to leave the door open for one of them?

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Brehs are paying £100$ for digital premium editions. Or paying that for early access for mid games because they can't wait a week, talking about, "We need Xbox to keep Sony humble.".

:mjlol:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Tell that to Nvidia. When competition died they drastically increased the price of their cards. No doubt we will reach $100 games but the price of consoles not gonna be $1000. I think the PS5 Pro will be a test case for more expensive consoles.

Define drastically increased because a 2x price hike any product is unreal.

As for games we all know they have been underpriced since the 360 era and AAA gaming practices. Price hike or not the bubble is going to burst AAA trying to be movies because it’s unsustainable.