The Darkside of Microsoft Going third party.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
did ya'll forget the shock at the $600 PS3 launch price?

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These takea are retarded. People aren't buying a 1k console, Playstation will never commit suicide like that.

I think they would we saw what happened with the shortages alot of nikkaz paid 1000 for the console. If the hardware was powerful enough and Sony put backwards compatibility from PS1-PS5 best believe nikkaz would pay for that. If people are wiling to pay 2000 dollars for a cell or that for a TV I wouldn't put it past that they wouldn't pay 1000 for a console.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think they would we saw what happened with the shortages alot of nikkaz paid 1000 for the console. If the hardware was powerful enough and Sony put backwards compatibility from PS1-PS5 best believe nikkaz would pay for that. If people are wiling to pay 2000 dollars for a cell or that for a TV I wouldn't put it past that they wouldn't pay 1000 for a console.

A lot of people don’t pay for cellphones upfront, they subsidize the cost by financing it on top of their monthly phone bill.

And the people paying 800+ for PS5’s were in the 1000’s not millions.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Those people are outliers. You can't build and sell a console targeting such a niche. At $1k, it would not be able to break into the mainstream no matter what features it includes, and that's the most important base. Pricing them out would kill your brand. A cell phone is a necessity these days, while a console is still a luxury device at best, so that's not a good comparison. The $1k console fearmongering is nothing more than fanboy babble.

TDP/power draw won't allow you to fit the kind of hardware to demand that price, anyway.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The Sony behind those decisions doesn't exist anymore. The days of the exotic hardware like CELL and the EE/GS went away with Nobuyuki Idei and Ken Kutaragi.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nintendo is in a different situation it’s a portable device and has its own exclusives and their budget for games is nowhere near Sonys.

Because Nintendo gets away with murder that they almost are a reverse monopoly in the way They don't put any effort money wise into hardware , online , and game budget. But no one says shyt to them. But let's blame Sony for falling into a potential domination on the mature console side because of Xbox leadership being ass

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
in this thread, people complain about Nintendo, and then say no one complains about Nintendo

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Somebody already answered you but I'll go deeper

CELL wasn't just for video games, Sony worked with IBM & others to make it compatible across multiple sectors. CELL had real world medical field & scientific application that could also play video games on top. That kind of tech, not to mention the media features like ports, one of the first commercially available Blu Ray players, gyroscopics & decades of libraries with BC for $600, you could make the argument $600 wasn't enough at the time. And it wasn't, Sony lost around $200 each time one was sold

Let's be honest, Sony & nobody else is putting out a box with that much shyt in it anymore, Sony was on the ropes when they did it the first time. PS5/XBX are just specced down PCs to an acceptable price point for mass consumption. It's gonna be more of that going forward especially as PS/XB games get put on PC.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because Nintendo gets away with murder that they almost are a reverse monopoly in the way They don't put any effort money wise into hardware , online , and game budget. But no one says shyt to them. But let's blame Sony for falling into a potential domination on the mature console side because of Xbox leadership being as
I’m not blaming Sony for anything. I’m just saying if they become a dominant in the console landscape they have the advantage to dictate. They have never been in a position where they were the only console around. PS1 had the Nintendo 64 to, PS2 had Dreamcast, Gamecube, and OG Xbox, PS3 had Wii and the 360, PS4 had Xbox One and Wii U. PS6 is looking like it might be open season.