THE DARK TOWER - (Official Thread)

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
This is one of the greatest book series I've ever read, this role should've went to a white dude though since the character is actually based on the likeness of Stephen King, who is even featured in this series (yes Stephen wrote himself in the book series), but I'm okay with it since Idris is a good actor. Looking forward to seeing this on film.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Oh shyt :ohhh:

That book series was ill, but why not start from the beginning
They've already made him Black, which means they may have changed other things about the story as well, read what I said about about stephen king being in the book, this shyt is weird now. You might as well treat this movie as an alternate universe, it's not canon to the book.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Aww shyt. His race is also going to change the Susannah story arc.

Susanna is a Black woman and one of the three main characters of the book series. She used to call Roland racial slurs like cracka this honkey that.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Gunslinger is the hardest book of the series to get into the rest are more standard Stephen King type books. The fourth one was the best. So sad. They got two legit good ass actors so hopefully the movies are on point.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
The Gunslinger is the hardest book of the series to get into the rest are more standard Stephen King type books. The fourth one was the best. So sad. They got two legit good ass actors so hopefully the movies are on point.
Movies?

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This is one of the greatest book series I've ever read, this role should've went to a white dude though since the character is actually based on the likeness of Stephen King, who is even featured in this series (yes Stephen wrote himself in the book series), but I'm okay with it since Idris is a good actor. Looking forward to seeing this on film.
I fukking love this series. I'm re-reading it now and back on Wolves of the Calla. I can't wait until this shyt hits the big screen. I just fear they gonna fukk it up like all of King's books. Idris as Roland is gonna be some cool shyt to see. Blane The Mono, The Tick Tock Man, Marten, Detta Walker, Jake, Eddie....man this shyt is gonna be fukking amazing. The whole Drawing of The Three book is gonna be crazy if they decide to show it.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I fukking love this series. I'm re-reading it now and back on Wolves of the Calla. I can't wait until this shyt hits the big screen. I just fear they gonna fukk it up like all of King's books. Idris as Roland is gonna be some cool shyt to see. Blane The Mono, The Tick Tock Man, Marten, Detta Walker, Jake, Eddie....man this shyt is gonna be fukking amazing.

Stuffed plush Oy dolls just in time for christmas. :mjlol:

Daps
Aww shyt. His race is also going to change the Susannah story arc.

Susanna is a Black woman and one of the three main characters of the book series. She used to call Roland racial slurs like cracka this honkey that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made Susannah white and watered her character down.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I wouldn't be surprised if they made Susannah white and watered her character down.
Oh they gonna have to. She was way too raw as Detta Walker. No way that translates to the big screen. Her whole back story is gonna have to be changed or watered down.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Oh they gonna have to. She was way too raw as Detta Walker. No way that translates to the big screen. Her whole back story is gonna have to be changed or watered down.
this is sad b

but yo wasn't a godly figure in the book an old black woman? i wonder if her race will change too.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Not sure how to feel about this. First they cast idris which automatically changes parts of the story, then they're starting in the middle now adding a female character not in the books.

Movie may turn out well but it's not gonna be like the books at all.