THE DARK TOWER - (Official Thread)

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I loved the gunslinger but it really is nothing like the other books. The drawing of the three is where it really opens into what the story really is. I always tell people just keep pushing until you get at least to that book because its where it finds its footing
Agreed. I also think a big reason why is so different is because, while Roland is a great character, you really don't get to experience the layers that make him shine until he's leading a group. The gunslinger was basically a Roland one shot solo mission.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:blessed: This is fukking huge. Although, excluding The Shining, Shawshank, Carrie, Stand by Me, and Misery, King adaptations don't have a great track record....but I have hope for this one.
Uhh how about 'IT' ? :usure:

Also, you listed 5 great adaptions, so how exactly isnt there a good track record? :dahell:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Running Man was dope too

If the right team is put into place, I think it's proven his stories adapt well to the screen
this is true. But so many of the films were horrible straight to tv type shyt. Look at what frank darabont was able to do with the mist :banderas: A lesser talent would have made a horrible film.

A talented film maker could make a lot of his stories into fukking gold.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Honestly though,I still wish they would just make it into a big budget GOT type show on HBO. The story is too dense and the tone and story shifts too much for movies. It would be perfect for a tv show because each season of shows are expected to be different. I mean if the first movie is just straight up an adaption of the gunslinger I really dont see it finding a bigger audience as it doesnt give you the expetancy of whats to come.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Running Man was dope too

If the right team is put into place, I think it's proven his stories adapt well to the screen
That's the key. King has said several times that he dgaf who he lends the license to for his movies and doesnt care how they come out. I wonder if he holds this one in a different regard with the type of time and dedication that's been put into it. Hard to imagine he'd just be like "Sure Uwe Bole, go ahead and knock it out in 10 movies. You have my blessing."

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Its Stephen kings magnum opus. Almost all his other novels in some way connect to the dark tower series. Honeslty its too long and convoluted for a simple plot break down but its a huge epic journey.:yeshrug: one of my favorite book series of all time.

I read almost every King novel pre-2003...........but this is the one book I just couldn't fuuck with.....it was just way to out there. Well it was just deep fantasy stuff, I couldn't wrap my mind around it ...way to much :mindblown:ness .. So I'll watch the movie before reading the book.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I read almost every King novel pre-2003...........but this is the one book I just couldn't fuuck with.....it was just way to out there. Well it was just deep fantasy stuff, I couldn't wrap my mind around it ...way to much :mindblown:ness .. So I'll watch the movie before reading the book.
Yeah the books pretty much combine every single genre along the way :heh:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Bardem is Spanish, but he sure as hell does not refer to himself as white in any world. He has always referred to himself as Hispanic and talks about how Hispanic people need more roles. So no he is NOT white.
Hispanic isn't a race though. He can refer to himself as hispanic and still be white.

His·pan·ic
hiˈspanik/
adjective
  1. 1.
    of or relating to Spain or to Spanish-speaking countries, especially those of Latin America.
noun
  1. 1.
    a Spanish-speaking person living in the US, especially one of Latin American descent.

:patrice:

The U.S. Census Bureau defines the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino to refer to "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race" and states that Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, any ethnicity.