THE DARK TOWER - (Official Thread)

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Alright, here are my thoughts (no real spoilers):

• If you HAVEN'T read the books, I think you'll be somewhat lost from the jump. You're going to be in fantasy land and just have to accept some things without questioning the logic behind them.
  • If you have read the books, this is more than a 19% movie. I was nodding along with a bunch of the plot like (I remember this, that, etc.). Taheen, vamps, breakers, etc.
  • Walter is much more true to the book's character than Roland is. Can't really say more than that, but those who read the books and watch the film will know what I'm talking about.
  • They rushed the fukk out of the ending. This is where I think the crux of the 19% rating comes from. Was not happy with it at all.
  • There's something at the end of the credits.
Overall, I was entertained throughout the movie, but the ending messed it up. If I were a kid watching this, it would be rated higher. Think of how we looked at the IT miniseries when we were younger versus now. This isn't even as good as that miniseries.

If you're a Dark Tower fan, watch it for the sake of watching it. It wasn't a complete waste of money, but it could have been so much better.

4/10

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Saw it and yeah outside of "you forgot the face of your father" being a great way to shyt on someone it wasn't really that memorable

Also as someone who never read the books but wiki'd a little before the film...... I was confused as fukk

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Not even surprised. No way can you do this story as a movie. SK projects are always difficult to tackle on the screen. Like I said earlier to tell it right it needs to be on HBO or Netflix.
They're supposed to have a series or miniseries linked to the movie as well

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Damn, i was gonna go watch it with my dad tomorrow

Thought it was gonna be good... I guess we going to see Girls Trip then :francis:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The people that made this forgot the faces of their fathers :pacspit:

fukk THIS MOVIE.

I'M fukkING :fire:

What a disaster. Man. I'm seriously mad

I should have known. Everything about this film from casting to the way they were talking about it.

I wanted to give it a chance. But no.

I don't know who the fukk this movie was for. They explain almost nothing. Someone unfamiliar with the source material would have no clue what's going on,and this film wouldn't want to make them learn more. To appreciate or understand anything happening you have to know the books,but if you know the books you're not going to like what a garbage adaption this is

They fukking make jake the main character,make the film play out like a bad YA novel.

They stripped away all of the Lore of the world's. It's just streamlined garbage. They stripped away all the depth of the characters.

And the ending was fukking insulting. Read the gunslinger and then watch this shyt. You'll be disgusted.

2/10 because I'm feeling generous.

Avoid this film brehs. If you're a fan of the novels just pretend this didn't happen. If you've never read them,read them and avoid this shyt. It'll just ruin it for you.

I just pray that one day this gets an actual talent to bring the stories to life. Cancel that shoe they have planned. If it's the people making this behind it it's going to be garbage.

Show needed to be a game of thrones esque HBO show with someone who loves the material running it.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Both the story and Idris deserve better.

I HATE to say it, but we all know good and goddamn well if they would've hired a Cac in the leading role they would've Dark Tower's story justice like They were originally planning to do.

They were supposed to do 3 movies and a simultaneously running HBO series. That shyt would've been epic as fukk
Nah breh, this is nonsense.

These books are so dense that the only way to do them justice is a TV series.

The original plan of movie then season then movie etc was just too ambitious and wouldn't have worked. The studio(wb I think?) was right to have cold feet.

This isn't a black or white thing. This is just Tom Rothman,a director in over his head and a very shytty script.

It's obvious the studio didn't know how to tackle the material and just made it as bland as possible.

And it's time to stop making excuses for idris Elba. I love the man as an actor.

But his film career has been a massive disappointment. Either he just doesn't care and is cashing checks or his agent sucks or he just doesn't know how to pick scripts.

At the rate he's going with all the garbage films he's in he's going to be a direct to dvd star in 10 Years instead of the A lister he should be.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
And I should have known Stephen King co-signing this was a death kiss

Same man who thinks the shining tv film is better than Kubricks

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Listened to like a third of the first book in audio form and I just cant get into it:

The Dark Tower Audiobook - Book 1: The Gunslinger Audiobook

This shyt is just so......boring

Ugly bartender bytches fukking everything that moves

Ugly ass simps trying to kill for that hoe

Zombies that speak normal
From what I've heard about the books, the gunslinger is the hardest one to get into
The first book is hard to get into. It's totally different than the rest.

Just power through it because the next 2 books are where the story takes shape and shines and the world comes alive and new main characters are brought in.

The first book is very dry,and it's almost like a prologue.