The Dark Knight still has the GOAT comic book movie ending.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How? It was clear cut that Bruce faked his death, made Batman into a symbol for Gotham and passed the mantle to Blake.

So Batman/Bruce Wayne survived a nuclear blast with no visible signs of injury anywhere.

Bruce Wayne in plain sight in Paris! :jbhmm:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
And then they ruined it by having him retired at the start of the next movie :mjlol:

Yup. The ending is awesome and then they undercut it by fast forwarding all those years later. That said, it doesn't make the ending of that movie by itself not dope and so awesome even though the joker won

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Yup. The ending is awesome and then they undercut it by fast forwarding all those years later. That said, it doesn't make the ending of that movie by itself not dope and so awesome even though the joker won
The hell he did
IofuhOH.png

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
No one that made The Prestige is overrated.

Lol The Prestige was okay but its also one of the most retarded movies I've ever seen.

*** SPOILER ***

The whole movie hinges on the assumption that the average viewer won't guess that Christian Bale's assistant is his twin, which is ridiculous because it's CLEARLY AND OBVIOUSLY Christian Bale wearing makeup.

Also I challenge anyone to truly explain what's really happening with the ending involving Hugh Jackman and all his clones without sounding like a madman.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Batman/Bruce Wayne survived a nuclear blast with no visible signs of injury anywhere.

Bruce Wayne in plain sight in Paris! :jbhmm:

Ambiguity over how because it's was made to PURPOSELY mislead, but it contrasts to ALL the clues that he faked it.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Is it me, or was it poor editing when Bane is talking to Carcetti, and Carcetti asks what would happen if he took off the mask? The part where he says "it would be extremely painful..." "you're a big guy" awkward pause "for you"

I figured the overdubs of bane talking didn't flow seamlessly...
yup

the original dub was way better. I was blown when people complained about Bane's voice and Nolan changed it before the movie came out.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
yup

the original dub was way better. I was blown when people complained about Bane's voice and Nolan changed it before the movie came out.

I thought Bane's voice was perfect and he's an iconic villain, but those redubs kinda fukked it up.

Being an audio guy, anyone will tell you if you don't record all the audio in one session, no matter what you do it will sound different in the next session. It's damn near impossible to get the audio, voices to sound exactly the same. You can pull some trickery by adding the same effects, etc but it will never quite sound the same...and i think that's what happened here. And i think it's why at times Hardy sounded like a cross between Sean Connery and Mr. Magoo.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
I thought Bane's voice was perfect and he's an iconic villain, but those redubs kinda fukked it up.

Being an audio guy, anyone will tell you if you don't record all the audio in one session, no matter what you do it will sound different in the next session. It's damn near impossible to get the audio, voices to sound exactly the same. You can pull some trickery by adding the same effects, etc but it will never quite sound the same...and i think that's what happened here. And i think it's why at times Hardy sounded like a cross between Sean Connery and Mr. Magoo.

We gotta work together in the future fam

but yeah, i'm no expert on audio just yet, but I also imagine that being alot more removed from the performance has something to do with it. Your memory of the energy on set fades as the weeks go by post production, and your voice over is less in sync with what the team was going for. Also when there's a backlash with none of the criticism being constructive, Tom Hardy was forced to guess what exactly needed to be done away with in his voiceover and his inference was off the mark

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You still haven't explained the no injuries.

What's to explain? We're talking about a Bruce Wayne recovering a back injury. And not to mention there were TWO bat flying crafts. One that was destroyed and one that was inspected and was discovered the autopilot was indeed fix.

Again the seen was supposed to mislead to lead to believe he was dead. But all the clues were shown that he faked it.