The Cyberpunk Lesson

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Everybody has been okay with these companies releasing broken/half done games with patch fixes for what, a whole gen now? The fukk was everybody on Cyberpunks ass for? Oh, because it was supposed to change gaming going forward, right? :mjlol:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
They didn’t lie they showed us early alpha footage with a huge disclaimer saying everything is subject to change. Thats how you cover your ass. Which is why most developers dont show complete gameplay walkthrough 3 years prior to launch

The part where they were crooked was limiting preview footage and hiding last gen performance.
they were crooked by taking preorders for a game that wasn't done.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Don't cherry pick, I addressed the issues already, the cop system is trash, teleporting to your exact location is terrible. The glitches on console are abundant, but again, I play on PC....I didn't experience half the problems people did. YMMV...and mine did. As for the combat, again, I'm good at FPS shooters, you can check out plenty streams where people died in Cyberpunk, can you become godly? yes, but not quickly, and people still die in the game....the a.i. is nothing to gloat about sure, but thats how I felt with God of War...the Valkyries being the only the real challenge in the game....and that's because they're literally frames faster than Kratos. I felt the same way about Ghost of Tsushima, I found every enemy far too easy, this is subjective, so I don't bring the point up that much.

The driving is bad, but I'm used to that since Roach in Witcher 3 has horrible mechanics, we need to stop acting like that kills a game, because many GOAT titles have bad driving mechanics...Red Dead for one, and several GTA titles. Also again, on PC, I download a mod and I'm good, I understand its not gonna ever be that easy for console owners but I made the right decision, knowing what I know about video games. We can both agree (and I've already stated) that the game came out too early, and that's to my earlier point of CDPR pandering to the stans.

Is it better than 90% of the games currently out? Yes. and that's impressive considering how incomplete it is.

The only thing I'll disagree with you on is the driving. It does hurt the game.

I'm not one of those people who play GTA V going 100 mphs down the neighborhoods crashing and flipping the car 80 times. I drive like a real human being.

I try to use fast travel as little as possible in any game, but, the actual driving mechanics and the bugs that makes the roads empty after driving for a while (again, not as bad as it was on release ) kills my enjoyment of the exploration aspect of the game.

The real lesson is don't pre-order games and wait for actual user reviews before buying a game.

Everybody has been okay with these companies releasing broken/half done games with patch fixes for what, a whole gen now? The fukk was everybody on Cyberpunks ass for? Oh, because it was supposed to change gaming going forward, right? :mjlol:

I said I learned my lesson after Mass Effect Andromeda...then fell for it again.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
The only thing I'll disagree with you on is the driving. It does hurt the game.

I'm not one of those people who play GTA V going 100 mphs down the neighborhoods crashing and flipping the car 80 times. I drive like a real human being.

I try to use fast travel as little as possible in any game, but, the actual driving mechanics and the bugs that makes the roads empty after driving for a while (again, not as bad as it was on release ) kills my enjoyment of the exploration aspect of the game.

I said I learned my lesson after Mass Effect Andromeda...then fell for it again.

Agreed, but it doesn't stop said title from becoming the GOAT. The GTA series has had both notoriously bad graphics and driving mechanics...didn't stop the popularity. I think Skyrim has the worst travel, next to Witcher 3, and still I play them damn near every other day. I'm cherry picking one grossly terrible aspect, that can be ignored because the rest of the game is good. In the case with ME Andromeda; thats a finely tuned game, that was shallow. That's also like making a God of War without Kratos.....just dumb.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
They didn’t lie they showed us early alpha footage with a huge disclaimer saying everything is subject to change. Thats how you cover your ass. Which is why most developers dont show complete gameplay walkthrough 3 years prior to launch

The part where they were crooked was limiting preview footage and hiding last gen performance.
Can't believe breh actually said this like he was proving some point:camby:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

More because they fed into the hype. All of those Night City videos they put out discussing the game and everything. When what they should have been doing was quelling expectations. Should have just said the the PS4 and Xbox One versions were being scrapped. More because the whole demo they showed to the world was some BS. And no one has been okay with these companies putting out half done games. NONE. They've just accepted it but have been tired of it. CDPR wasn't supposed to be like that. That wasn't their image. CDPR just broke the camel's back.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
More because they fed into the hype. All of those Night City videos they put out discussing the game and everything. When what they should have been doing was quelling expectations. Should have just said the the PS4 and Xbox One versions were being scrapped. More because the whole demo they showed to the world was some BS. And no one has been okay with these companies putting out half done games. NONE. They've just accepted it but have been tired of it. CDPR wasn't supposed to be like that. That wasn't their image. CDPR just broke the camel's back.
Actually, if CDPR just delayed the console version until it was actually ready, they would have been perfectly fine. Greed go the better of them and so they knowingly put out an unfinished product. Did people have unrealistic expectations for the game? Probably but expecting a game to be playable on release was not one of them.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Actually, if CDPR just delayed the console version until it was actually ready, they would have been perfectly fine. Greed go the better of them and so they knowingly put out an unfinished product. Did people have unrealistic expectations for the game? Probably but expecting a game to be playable on release was not one of them.

I don't even think it was a matter of being unfinished for the then current gen consoles they were intended for. I think something was also very broken in the foundation of the code that those last gen consoles just can't handle. I guarantee they intended on doing free next gen upgrades for those who had the PS4 and Xbox One versions.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Whatever that potential is, I don't think it will be realized on last generation consoles. With that being said, I don't have much hope for them.

They been patching Witcher 3 a good three years after it released. They coming with a next gen Witcher 3.:yeshrug:It's crazy how EA, Activision, and Ubisoft fukk up numerous times, but CDPR does it once and it's over.

I will say I ended up deleting Cyberpunk on my PS5 because it looked outdated. I'm just waiting for the next gen update. Hopefully it's a full blown upgrade, otherwise I certainly will be disappointed.