Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Companies use goodwill like a currency.

Folks always pointed to CDPR like other studios should be like them

Open, honest, make life changing games etc etc.

Companies just silently build it up, then cash out. They knew the public would defend the game for them.

Kinda fascinating from a psychological point of view.

People in this very thread still capin' even though they straight up said they're goal is to just sell more copies.

:mjlol: They still talking that for the fans shyt

Fall relauch? More work? For what? :russ: They cashed out.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, if anything they should have just let the game come out and suck. Every company has a miss or two, but to do all this extra shyt around it killed the entire companies image.

Perception is everything

They need a big relaunch of the game by fall, no mans sky level relaunch. Next gen versions, with new features, new mechanics, new storylines, new choice mechanics, etc.

They need to change the game as much from release until the re-release as much as tehy did from 2018-to 2020

The game has a lot of potential, they can easily build on this the next 4 years. We just gotta sit and wait.

Veteran
Daps
People in this very thread still capin' even though they straight up said they're goal is to just sell more copies.

:mjlol: They still talking that for the fans shyt

Fall relauch? More work? For what? :russ: They cashed out.

Witcher 3 released in May 2015. They're still supporting the game, as matter of fact, a new version is coming to PS5/Xbox/PC and it'll be free

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Witcher 3 released in May 2015. They're still supporting the game, as matter of fact, a new version is coming to PS5/Xbox/PC and it'll be free

More of this, but the Witcher 3 shyt

Let people go in on them for CP77

Save that for the CPR fan page

Veteran
Daps
More of this, but the Witcher 3 shyt

Let people go in on them for CP77

Save that for the CPR fan page

Ubisoft, Activision, & EA, and Take 2 have done far, far worse on numerous occasions. Rehashing the same games and/or having large amounts of microtransactions. It'll take more disappointments for me to shame CD Projekt Red. I ain't trippin because I know they'll get it together:smugdraper:

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Ubisoft, Activision, & EA, and Take 2 have done far, far worse on numerous occasions. Rehashing the same games and/or having large amounts of microtransactions. It'll take more disappointments for me to shame CD Projekt Red. I ain't trippin because I know they'll get it together:smugdraper:

True, very true. But, that's not the line of thinking I subscribe to.

I'll stop being an a$$hole about it, tho :yeshrug:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
The real issue are the rabid stans for games. They appeased them too much, and instead of polishing the title, they rushed it, I honestly would've had people waiting another year, since the masses are fantastically stupid. Is the game bad? Hell no. Still has great side quests, a very nice(fukked up) story, and characters that grow on you. Going full stealth is actually rewarded unlike in Deus Ex (I've played 100% all three) and even a guns out approach is laid out beautifully IF you decide to use your brain and actually hack/shoot/aggressive....

I also have it on PC, so I didn't run into many glitches (two if I remember and the shytty police system). When it comes to combat, its extremely flexible, however the shortcomings of the console glitches are too much, that I understand. A lot of the complaints come from people who barely play FPS shooters and who don't explore. I had one guy complain about not finding cool clothes...."I don't go to the stores"....it's the kind of mentality that makes me ignore certain players. Did they fukk up on immersive multi layered story? Definitely, your origin doesn't matter, as its all the same story. Beyond that, as much as I want to hate, I still have a great time playing the game.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Until people stop spending money this will continue. Look at Black Ops Cold War, the game is a mess and people complain about COD every year, but they continue to purchase. Complain about SBMM, but they continue to purchase and continue to play.

SBMM is the greatest thing they created.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
A lot of the complaints come from people who barely play FPS shooters and who don't explore. I had one guy complain about not finding cool clothes...."I don't go to the stores"....it's the kind of mentality that makes me ignore certain players. Did they fukk up on immersive multi layered story? Definitely, your origin doesn't matter, as its all the same story. Beyond that, as much as I want to hate, I still have a great time playing the game.

:snoop:

You're really boiling people's critique to cool clothes, "exploring" and a few bugs?

The thing I agree with is that the game is flawed at the fundamental level. Yes, a year, atleast was needed to fix this game.

I agree with you at the combat is fun and freeflowing, but, that, IMO, results in unbalanced gameplay more than it does. The AI is pretty bad and combat is not dynamic at all. Once you master the proper skill upgrading, it's too easy to be a demigod, hack everyone to die and one shot them. That's fun for 30 mins a day of aimless gameplay, but, a horrible foundation for a game.

It reminds me of Mass Effect Andromeda, the combat was more open, but, nothing was really balanced, so after a while you just become a super sayian.

As for your other point,

You'll enjoy the game the less you explore. The game world is dead. And even after the updates, the game still generates traffic horrible. You can turn the camera 360 degrees still make cars appear and disappeared.

Crowds are still sparse--all day looks like it's 4am based on the size of the crowds.

But, it wasn't as bad as it was at launch. The driving mechanics are still trash, like indy game made by one dev type of bad.

Again, that word dynamic, nothing is happening outside of the main story. You got the same gangs messing with people, etc., etc. You may find something cool like that 6th Street Gang was having a party and I played their shooting game.

In the end, this game was not ready, and no one is crazy not to have invested the time to enjoy it and get to the actual good points.

Last edited:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
:snoop:

You're really boiling people's critique to cool clothes, "exploring" and a few bugs?

The thing I agree with is that the game is flawed at the fundamental level. Yes, a year, atleast was needed to fix this game.

I agree with you at the combat is fun and freeflowing, but, that, IMO, results in unbalanced gameplay more than it does. The AI is pretty bad and combat is not dynamic at all. Once you master the proper skill upgrading, it's too easy to be a demigod, hack everyone to die and one shot them. That's fun for 30 mins a day of aimless gameplay, but, a horrible foundation for a game.

It reminds me of Mass Effect Andromeda, the combat was more open, but, nothing was really balanced, so after a while you just become a super sayian.

As for your other point,

You'll enjoy the game the less you explore. The game world is dead. And even after the updates, the game still generates traffic horrible. You can turn the camera 360 degrees still make cars appear and disappeared.

Crowds are still sparse--all day looks like it's 4am based on the size of the crowds.

But, it wasn't as bad as it was at launch. The driving mechanics are still trash, like indy game made by one dev type of bad.

Again, that word dynamic, nothing is happening outside of the main story. You got the same gangs messing with people, etc., etc. You may find something cool like that 6th Street Gang was having a party and I played their shooting game.

In the end, this game was not ready, and no one is crazy not to have invested the time to enjoy it and get to the actual good points.

Don't cherry pick, I addressed the issues already, the cop system is trash, teleporting to your exact location is terrible. The glitches on console are abundant, but again, I play on PC....I didn't experience half the problems people did. YMMV...and mine did. As for the combat, again, I'm good at FPS shooters, you can check out plenty streams where people died in Cyberpunk, can you become godly? yes, but not quickly, and people still die in the game....the a.i. is nothing to gloat about sure, but thats how I felt with God of War...the Valkyries being the only the real challenge in the game....and that's because they're literally frames faster than Kratos. I felt the same way about Ghost of Tsushima, I found every enemy far too easy, this is subjective, so I don't bring the point up that much.

The driving is bad, but I'm used to that since Roach in Witcher 3 has horrible mechanics, we need to stop acting like that kills a game, because many GOAT titles have bad driving mechanics...Red Dead for one, and several GTA titles. Also again, on PC, I download a mod and I'm good, I understand its not gonna ever be that easy for console owners but I made the right decision, knowing what I know about video games. We can both agree (and I've already stated) that the game came out too early, and that's to my earlier point of CDPR pandering to the stans.

Is it better than 90% of the games currently out? Yes. and that's impressive considering how incomplete it is.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The real lesson is don't pre-order games and wait for actual user reviews before buying a game.

Big. fukking. Facts. The fact that publishers order review embargos until after the game is releases when we know damn well reviewers get copies like a month in advance and developers don't release demos like they used to is :hhh:.

Very few games I actually will pre order now, hell most of these games aren't worth $60-70, which is why I wait until they cost $20-30 to buy most of them.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
There is no consequence to lying your ass off.

None. Lie like a muthafukka. Hype it up with bullshyt visuals. Talk about mechanics you never intended to do. Show absolutely bonkers customization menus and not have 10% of that on launch.

Go hard on the lie. No one will punish you.

No Man's Sky did it. They not only survived, they thrived.

Cyberpunk is even worse, yet they made absolutely ridiculous profits and barely got a slap on the wirst for releasing a game that literally didnt work at all on console.

Had this been an investment firm lying to their clients, the SEC would have fined them for well over half their revenue.

So any developer not talking out their ass about the features for their game is a fool. Lie your ass off and get that bread.
i never believed they would deliver.

all they gave us was none gameplay footage for a long time. my spidey sense was tingling