The Cyberpunk Lesson

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, if anything they should have just let the game come out and suck. Every company has a miss or two, but to do all this extra shyt around it killed the entire companies image.

Perception is everything

They need a big relaunch of the game by fall, no mans sky level relaunch. Next gen versions, with new features, new mechanics, new storylines, new choice mechanics, etc.

They need to change the game as much from release until the re-release as much as tehy did from 2018-to 2020
This is exactly what they need to do, consumers would forgive them (most but not all) and they could salvage some rep. Just like Anthem and Marvel Avengers, there is a a good foundation but how much money and resources are they willing to spend? One of my favorite games last gen Destiny took a whole year to refine itself and we got Taken King, so it can be done. Personally I can’t fukk with CDPR but I know some of y’all want the game to be improved so:yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is exactly what they need to do, consumers would forgive them (most but not all) and they could salvage some rep. Just like Anthem and Marvel Avengers, there is a a good foundation but how much money and resources are they willing to spend? One of my favorite games last gen Destiny took a whole year to refine itself and we got Taken King, so it can be done. Personally I can’t fukk with CDPR but I know some of y’all want the game to be improved so:yeshrug:

Meh, i played it and got what i needed out of it. If they manage to completely turn shyt around I’ll check it out because i still own the game, but by then I’ll probably be looking forward to something else and not even care

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Meh, i played it and got what i needed out of it. If they manage to completely turn shyt around I’ll check it out because i still own the game, but by then I’ll probably be looking forward to something else and not even care
I’m in the same boat after the smoke cleared the game had little insensitive to warrant a replay imo. I really didn’t like male V at all and the dialogue options were trash just to name a few

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
They didn’t lie they showed us early alpha footage with a huge disclaimer saying everything is subject to change. Thats how you cover your ass. Which is why most developers dont show complete gameplay walkthrough 3 years prior to launch

The part where they were crooked was limiting preview footage and hiding last gen performance.

:russ:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
There is no consequence to lying your ass off.

None. Lie like a muthafukka. Hype it up with bullshyt visuals. Talk about mechanics you never intended to do. Show absolutely bonkers customization menus and not have 10% of that on launch.

Go hard on the lie. No one will punish you.

No Man's Sky did it. They not only survived, they thrived.

Cyberpunk is even worse, yet they made absolutely ridiculous profits and barely got a slap on the wirst for releasing a game that literally didnt work at all on console.

Had this been an investment firm lying to their clients, the SEC would have fined them for well over half their revenue.

So any developer not talking out their ass about the features for their game is a fool. Lie your ass off and get that bread.

Hey how much did the SEC get back from Bernie Madoff ?

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Companies use goodwill like a currency.

Folks always pointed to CDPR like other studios should be like them

Open, honest, make life changing games etc etc.

Companies just silently build it up, then cash out. They knew the public would defend the game for them.

Kinda fascinating from a psychological point of view.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Yeah, if anything they should have just let the game come out and suck. Every company has a miss or two, but to do all this extra shyt around it killed the entire companies image.

Perception is everything

They need a big relaunch of the game by fall, no mans sky level relaunch. Next gen versions, with new features, new mechanics, new storylines, new choice mechanics, etc.

They need to change the game as much from release until the re-release as much as tehy did from 2018-to 2020

I could see them doing this... hell they would most likely regain a whole lotta good will

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Still didn't do more than the first Ripper Doc mission. Waiting on that NextGen update.

Sindicated

Knowledge is the Greatest gift
Daps
Reppin
opus dei
It’s sounds good but what ends up happening is you fukk up your integrity and customer trust.

So instead of having millions of people lining up to buy your product more people are going to be in wait and see mode, so if your next product isn’t up to par your entire studio might be fukked from here on out.

Fallout is a prime example Bethesda low key ruined the series and their studios image with 76 now if they do make another fallout it has to be NV on steroids because if not fallout as well as Bethesda might be done.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s sounds good but what ends up happening is you fukk up your integrity and customer trust.

So instead of having millions of people lining up to buy your product more people are going to be in wait and see mode, so if your next product isn’t up to par your entire studio might be fukked from here on out.

Fallout is a prime example Bethesda low key ruined the series and their studios image with 76 now if they do make another fallout it has to be NV on steroids because if not fallout as well as Bethesda might be done.

And mass effect, even though i guess by the time 4 comes out the remaster will have come out and got people hype about the series again lol