The CW Officially Developing a 'Batwoman' TV Series

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Ohh yeah, forgot to add

Did they make the 'villain of the week' a black football player and convict with CTE walking around like Jason and dressed like Nailz, who ended up dying like the end of the 'nikka moment' skit from the Boondocks?

The man had no superpowers and was kicking Batwoman's ass at will. A realistic fight:salute:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reading the Batwoman news at work was :gladbron: I tapped out after a few episodes of watching the show.

I doubt the full reason for her exit will ever come out, but even if the articles say it wasn't because of the injury I can't help but think that played a part in the decision, reports of it sounded pretty scary :merchant:. Probably a number of factors played a part, whether it was the grind of doing a CW show or issues with cast/crew/writers mixed in.

It wouldn't shock me if the replacement was a relatively unknown person, I would be surprised if they get someone high profile.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I wish they'd go with an relative unknown like Stephen Amell when he first started. They need someone that can really embody the violence and intelligence associated with the Batfamily. Somone who can also play a total opposite of themselves :feedme: A better budget for s2 wouldn't hurt either I wish CW wasn't so cheap:hhh:Still mad how they've treated Supernatural :mjcry:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Ruby Rose's Batwoman Exit: The Story Behind Her Shocking Departure

Ruby Rose wanted off Batwoman — and no one was going to stand in her way.

Although the actress’ sudden, surprising departure from The CW superhero drama after just one season was framed on Tuesday as her choice and her choice alone, sources confirm to TVLine that the split was — at best — a mutual one.

“It wasn’t 100-percent her decision,” concedes a source close to the show. “It was a breakup. She wasn’t happy working on the show, and did that make her fun to work with? No. So everyone decided it would be in the best interests of the show, and for all concerned, if they parted ways. It just wasn’t a good fit.”

According to an insider, Rose — coming off the features John Wick: Chapter 2 and The Meg — was distressed by the long hours demanded of a lead TV role and did not acclimate well to life in Vancouver (where the show shoots). Batwoman marked the actress’ first full-time series gig, following her debut as the Scarlet Knight in the Arrowverse’s December 2018 “Elseworlds” crossover and a short arc on Orange Is the New Black.

Reps for Warner Bros. and The CW declined to comment for this story. Rose’s spokesperson, meanwhile, could not be reached for comment.

In a joint statement released Tuesday, Berlanti Prods. and Warner Bros. Television confirmed that Rose’s iconic role would be recast — and with another LGBTQ actress. “[We] thank Ruby for her contributions to the success of our first season and wish her all the best,” the two companies said. “The studio and network are firmly committed to Batwoman’s second season and long-term future, and we — along with the show’s talented creative team — look forward to sharing its new direction, including the casting of a new lead actress and member of the LGBTQ community, in the coming months.”

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
So thats what shorty was from John Wick 2, now i remember and recognize her:ohhh:

Brehs talking about get an unknown had me trippin like, this bish is an "unknown" lol

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

Ruby Rose wanted off Batwoman — and no one was going to stand in her way.

Although the actress’ sudden, surprising departure from The CW superhero drama after just one season was framed on Tuesday as her choice and her choice alone, sources confirm to TVLine that the split was — at best — a mutual one.

“It wasn’t 100-percent her decision,” concedes a source close to the show. “It was a breakup. She wasn’t happy working on the show, and did that make her fun to work with? No. So everyone decided it would be in the best interests of the show, and for all concerned, if they parted ways. It just wasn’t a good fit.”

According to an insider, Rose — coming off the features John Wick: Chapter 2 and The Meg — was distressed by the long hours demanded of a lead TV role and did not acclimate well to life in Vancouver (where the show shoots). Batwoman marked the actress’ first full-time series gig, following her debut as the Scarlet Knight in the Arrowverse’s December 2018 “Elseworlds” crossover and a short arc on Orange Is the New Black.

Reps for Warner Bros. and The CW declined to comment for this story. Rose’s spokesperson, meanwhile, could not be reached for comment.

In a joint statement released Tuesday, Berlanti Prods. and Warner Bros. Television confirmed that Rose’s iconic role would be recast — and with another LGBTQ actress. “[We] thank Ruby for her contributions to the success of our first season and wish her all the best,” the two companies said. “The studio and network are firmly committed to Batwoman’s second season and long-term future, and we — along with the show’s talented creative team — look forward to sharing its new direction, including the casting of a new lead actress and member of the LGBTQ community, in the coming months.”

So basically she's difficult but we're being vague about it because...

I don't watch this show but I saw some clips of her acting in it and it looked like a Funny or Die sketch.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
'Batwoman' to Feature New Lead Character After Ruby Rose's Departure

Whoever ends up under the cowl in season two of Batwoman, they won't be playing Kate Kane.

Following the surprise departure of Ruby Rose from the title role at the end of The CW superhero drama's first season, the show has opted to create a new character to play Batwoman rather than recast Rose's role of Kate Kane, a cousin of Bruce Wayne, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Word of the change came via a since-deleted casting notice posted to a Batwoman Reddit forum. Per Decider, which first reported the news, the new character is named "Ryan Wilder" (whether that's a placeholder name is unclear) and is described as a woman in her mid-20s who "is about to become Batwoman."

"She’s likable, messy, a little goofy and untamed. She’s also nothing like Kate Kane, the woman who wore the batsuit before her," the notice reads, according to Decider. "With no one in her life to keep her on track, Ryan spent years as a drug-runner, dodging the GCPD and masking her pain with bad habits. A girl who would steal milk for an alley cat could also kill you with her bare hands, Ryan is the most dangerous type of fighter: highly skilled and wildly undisciplined. An out lesbian. Athletic. Raw. Passionate. Fallible. And very much not your stereotypical All-American hero."

Sounds like they’re writing her off in a way that allows her to come back as a guest star so she must notice been that hard to work with :yeshrug:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
'Batwoman' to Feature New Lead Character After Ruby Rose's Departure

Sounds like they’re writing her off in a way that allows her to come back as a guest star so she must notice been that hard to work with :yeshrug:
Unless they kill her off.

Honestly I don't get why they don't just recast the role. All the contortions they are going to have to go through with a brand new character just to ultimately get her to the place in the show where the Kate Kane character already was is dumb.