The CW announces Javicia Leslie will be the new Batwoman

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
LMFAO Crisis on Infinite Earths looking mad goofy with this retcon. :mjgrin:

They gonna blame it on Barry again? :mjlol:

She's playing a brand new character that will become Batwoman.
Oh, I was about to say. It was gonna take some cosmic juelzing to explain a race change like that.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Does this mean that Luke Fox isn’t becoming Batwing in the show now as the show would still need its own version of the “Batcave?”

Do they even keep his character or just do a full on reboot with no prior mention of the first season?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
This is so corny

Just create your own Superhero

Putting a Black character in a role that was originally white is the epitome of cringe :huhldup:
You and the neck beards have something in common. Imagine if y'all sit together might find even more commonality.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s hard to watch so many shows these days. :wow: And I don’t even have anything against anybody. I don’t mind representation but spread the wealth. All our stories gotta be filtered through a rinse cycle of gangbanging, stereotypes, homosexuality, dysfunction. We rarely see two brown faces loving on each other without some type of angle.:scust:

Thats why I can't respect this generation of shows. After seeing respectable black shows in the 80s and 90s which showed black life as a whole and were educational. I refuse to watch this tom foolery now.

shyt like new age Amos and Andy.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats why it doesnt work most of the time. Just create a new character instead of trying to pander to the black audience.

If its a established character no matter to colour keep it that way. Its like turning shaft white.

Its hollywoods lazy way to be inclusive. What they should have done it hired better writers for this trash show. She can be whatever if the writing is like s1 its still gonna flop

This is so corny

Just create your own Superhero

Putting a Black character in a role that was originally white is the epitome of cringe :huhldup:

But they did :skip: They're not re-casting Kate Kane (who is White in the show and the comics). This is an original character who was not in the comics. "Batwoman" like "Batman" is a title.

I'm not the biggest fan of racebending, but Hollywood has and continues to Whitewash actual living people with no hub bub so I can't pretend to actually care about when they do the reverse to White fictional characters.

greatone

Pro
Supporter
Daps
I guess she is only playing gay roles from now on. She recently was a supporting cast member on the show God Friended Me where she was the lesbian sister to the star of the show. If you know the CW works all her love interest will either be white men or white women. She will probably have a black man who will be simping after her for 2-3 season and will never end up with her. Probably will give up his life to save her too.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Batwoman is not Black though

I don't want a Black version of pre-existing heroes....there are tons of Black superheroes in Marvel and DC that are underused

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Batwoman is not Black though

I don't want a Black version of pre-existing heroes....there are tons of Black superheroes in Marvel and DC that are underused

Again, Kate Kane isn't Black. This isn't Kate Kane. Technically this is an original character who happens to take up the Batwoman role.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
CW loves gay black characters.

sfgn_BlackLight_2_27_19.png

don't remind me about Mr.Terrific
I'll never forgive CW for what they did to him :mjcry: