The culture of Anti-Intellectualism needs to be talked about more

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
The only people that are gonna talk about it, are the intellectuals.

The anti-intellectuals, by definition, don't give AF
This.

I'm finding trying to appeal to logic and reason don't work on a lot of people. More people are emotionally wired. I wish I could negotiate better emotionally with people because it's the only way you can get through to some people.

And school isn't for everyone. Some of the smartest people I've known personally and successfully aren't college educated. Intelligence and capability aren't only found in people who have 4-8 years of post secondary education. And a lot of people with college education often can be drones.

Daps
Reppin
SD
Very much been promoted into society. Theirs a method to that madness. The rich and wealthy and their corrupt lap dogs (politicians) WANT ignorance and foolishness to prevail. If you're willfully ignorant (anti intellectual), YOURE EASY TO CONTROL, MANIPULATE, AND EXPLOIT.

This isn't by accident. It helps the status quo remain in place. This is why theirs a strong push against "wokeness" by the same crowd who loves to mention "IQ". Madness

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Anti-intellectualism is some real bullshyt. It's like our culture's got some weird hang up about knowledge and education. We're all about celebrating ignorance, and it's holding us back big time. The lack of respect for critical thinking and education is making our country dumber.
It’s because the people who participate in it believe they’re smarter than they actually are

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Can't look at 60 years of southern/evangelical/redneck/MAGA/etc fukkery and say this is solely a problem with our culture. Distrust of experts, dismissals of education, and disdain for intellectualism are as common amongst white people as black people, if not more.

Do I think this is a problem we have to deal with? Yes. The casual ignorance and disdain for education is concerning. We have access to virtually any information we want within seconds online plus there are libraries in every city and people still rather be stupid or hate you for being smarter. They seem to enjoy spreading bullshyt too.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Talked about? how we gonna talk about it? What for?

The people smart enough to talk about it don't engage in it. The people engaging in it don't want to hear it talked about :dead:

We gotta get to the schools and make sure kids are educated enough to not fall into these traps. The adults are long gone