The Cs Dispatched The MVP & Now Face Super Saiyan Jimmy! | Official HEAT (#8) vs. Celtics (#2) Eastern Conference Finals Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
As I said, the Celtics are still a dumb squad who had multiple opportunities to win this series but as we've seen from them over the years, they simply can't get the job done. They let an undrafted role player bury them in a Game 7.

:yeshrug:

true-its-true.gif

:unimpressed::francis::mjcry::snoop:

CP3.

Mr Solo Dolo
Daps
This year

His defense is trash and would hurt the Celtics (who are filled with great defenders that can switch)

And he sometimes fades and gets banged up in the playoffs

And he isn't any more explosive than brown or Tatum. Better shooter from the distance, but he doesn't even move around off-ball enough to leverage it

Basically, it would end up making us a bit worse

31btp3B.png

You really think switching these two makes us worse?

The only argument is the defending and even then Brown isn't that good defensively anyway and like you said, we have great defenders on the team already, you can hide someone on defence if they're giving you 32 points and 7 assists on the other end. Look at the FT% too. How many times you see the Celtics go to the line and brick FTs?

Plus he can actually run an offence. Dame at the point over Smart? No brainer.

Wouldn't be my first choice anyway. I want Haliburton :blessed:

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
31btp3B.png

You really think switching these two makes us worse?

The only argument is the defending and even then Brown isn't that good defensively anyway and like you said, we have great defenders on the team already, you can hide someone on defence if they're giving you 32 points and 7 assists on the other end. Look at the FT% too. How many times you see the Celtics go to the line and brick FTs?

Plus he can actually run an offence. Dame at the point over Smart? No brainer.
Those box score numbers won't translate 1:1 If he's on the Celtics, you know that

Dame can run his offense. With pick n rolls, etc. But who's gonna get the ball more between him and Tatum? Who are we giving up to get him?

And for defense, I don't think you understand - Dame will TANK our defense.

CP3.

Mr Solo Dolo
Daps
Those box score numbers won't translate 1:1 If he's on the Celtics, you know that

Dame can run his offense. With pick n rolls, etc. But who's gonna get the ball more between him and Tatum? Who are we giving up to get him?

And for defense, I don't think you understand - Dame will TANK our defense.

I don't care if the defence tanks if the offence improving offsets it. People say the same shyt about Jokic's defence. Offence is the king in today's NBA.

Tatum can still see plenty of the ball cause Dame would be okay off the ball. There's no way anyone can tell me Lillard and Tatum wouldn't work but Tatum and Brown does. Any argument against Dame also applies to Brown.

And like I say, I don't even want Dame anyway. I want Haliburton if we're trading for a guard (which we won't be). I don't think they'll do any major moves sadly.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
I don't care if the defence tanks if the offence improving offsets it. People say the same shyt about Jokic's defence. Offence is the king in today's NBA.

Tatum can still see plenty of the ball cause Dame would be okay off the ball. There's no way anyone can tell me Lillard and Tatum wouldn't work but Tatum and Brown does. Any argument against Dame also applies to Brown.

And like I say, I don't even want Dame anyway. I want Haliburton if we're trading for a guard (which we won't be). I don't think they'll do any major moves sadly.
Lillard won't improve the offense that much at all