The Cs Dispatched The MVP & Now Face Super Saiyan Jimmy! | Official HEAT (#8) vs. Celtics (#2) Eastern Conference Finals Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@murksiderock @ALonelyDad

Remember 3 years ago we were discussing Butler after the bubble (or Butler vs Kawhi/other top 5 players) and how superstardom could be defined as your capability + expectations?

i.e. KL, KD, Wardell, LeBron, (now Jokic, Giannis, Embiid, Luka) not only have the capability to be great but the expectation to be great every night (and in big games) and get nitpicked if not shat on if they're anything less than that, on a game-to-game (and sometimes quarter-to-quarter) basis.

Tatum is always under the microscope because we have these sky high expectations of what he should be doing. Where we at with Jimmy tho?
Its the same with Jimmy. He should be getting all the blame like real superstars do. If he was still getting 40 and they were losing that would be 1 thing

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:sas2:Let other stars be trash like this while role players killin it they’re getting that work

Like I said they BETTER win game 6

Jimmy is better than Bron they said...
lebron-james-laugh.gif

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
@murksiderock @ALonelyDad

Remember 3 years ago we were discussing Butler after the bubble (or Butler vs Kawhi/other top 5 players) and how superstardom could be defined as your capability + expectations?

i.e. KL, KD, Wardell, LeBron, (now Jokic, Giannis, Embiid, Luka) not only have the capability to be great but the expectation to be great every night (and in big games) and get nitpicked if not shat on if they're anything less than that, on a game-to-game (and sometimes quarter-to-quarter) basis.

Tatum is always under the microscope because we have these sky high expectations of what he should be doing. Where we at with Jimmy tho?
Jimmy is in that interesting space where he isn't loud enough or has an annoying fanbase where people will really judge him like that. He shares a lot of tendencies that others get criticized for but for him, most people just look away. It's a great space to be. Even if he loses around this time, I don't see him getting much criticism because of how much the Heat have overachieved. If they win, he will get a lot of love. If they lose, he might get slight criticism and then people will move on.