The Cs Dispatched The MVP & Now Face Super Saiyan Jimmy! | Official HEAT (#8) vs. Celtics (#2) Eastern Conference Finals Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
im late but i got the Everclear on deck

takin a shot everytime the announcers mention the phrase "undrafted players"

mi-everclear-190-proof-599cafbe0af39ebc.jpeg

:mjgrin:
:mjgrin: I was out

:mjgrin: missed whole 2nd half

JesusFOREVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My Father in Heaven
largest margin of victory ever for a road team down 0-3 :sas1:

Boston win game 5 then shyt gonna get real

Heat shooting came back down to earth they are not that good at shooting 3’s
Yep just like it came back down to Earth in Game 2 vs Milwaukee and Game 5 vs New York? :skip:

You guys realize they were the #1 shooting team last season and came back with the same roster replacing Tucker with Love? A much better shooter?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yep just like it came back down to Earth in Game 2 vs Milwaukee and Game 5 vs New York? :skip:

You guys realize they were the #1 shooting team last season and came back with the same roster replacing Tucker with Love? A much better shooter?
And they were 27th in the league this year until they found their shot during the playoffs.

Daps
Yea so the anamoly is them dropping to 27th, not going back to 1 in the post season :lolbron:
They shot 31% from 3 in the playoffs last year (13th out of 16 teams)
They shot 33% from 3 in the playoffs the year before (12th out of 16 teams)

So really this postseason is an anomaly for them.

Given they haven't shot well from behind the arc for the last two postseasons, and add to the fact they shot poorly from 3 during the '23 regular season, the expectations were that was going to continue heading into these playoffs.

You don't make this sort of a run as an 8th seed if there isn't some sort of outlier of play. They looked dead in the water during the regular season and got into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth. They most definitely deserve props for peaking at the right time, but it's certainly one of the more improbable runs.

Last edited:

JesusFOREVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My Father in Heaven
They shot 31% from 3 in the playoffs last year (13th out of 16 teams)
They shot 33% from 3 in the playoffs the year before (12th out of 16 teams)

So really this postseason is an anomaly for them.

Given they haven't shot well from behind the arc for the last two postseasons, and add to the fact they shot poorly from 3 during the '23 regular season, the expectations were that was going to continue heading into these playoffs.

You don't make this sort of a run as an 8th seed if there isn't some sort of outlier of play. They looked dead in the water during the regular season and got into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth. They most definitely deserve props for peaking at the right time, but it's certainly one of the more improbable runs.
The year before they were simply a bad shooting team overall, 19th in 3pt pct and 27th league overall, while giving black holes like Achuiwa Igoudala Okpala and Ariza rotational minutes plus Herro had a sophmore slump and Max Strus hadnt arrived on the scene yet meaning the bulk of their 3pt shooting came solely from Duncan Robinson, who of course had a major fall off once defenses adjusted to him

The year after they retooled and added Strus, Vincent, Lowry, Tucker, Vincent, Martin, Morris (who unfortunately had his career ended by Joker) and Herro had a major bounce back which led them to 3rd in 3pt % and 1st in overall fg %, they just went cold in the playoffs for reasons that are still unknown (thought i would say it was due to pressure of being the #1 seed)

those were not the same teams at all

This year they struggled with injuries, fatigue from 3 straight playoff runs, and multiple lineup changes along with adding some key players last minute, but nevertheless it was the same roster with the #1 overall shooting pct in the league from last season that swapped out PJ Tucker with Kevin Love, theyre simply healthy and playing with no pressure, theyre not gonna suddenly shoot awful like last season for the rest of the playoffs, i see that as wishful thinking

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
The coli makes fun of ESPN terrible ball takes yet here ya are sounding just like em wit these horrendous beliefs after one game
OH now that it fits y’all narrative
NOT what facts have shown you all postseason
Nah this is what’s supposed to be.
Celtics making history
Y’all are trash in here. Can’t wait to see the excuses that are comin next.

Hawala Man

All Star
Daps
Just saw a stat that when Spo is up 3-0 in a series it has not extended past a game 6. The Heat have not also lost back to back games all playoffs.

The fact Vegas has Celtics as the 8.5 pts favorites is real suspect. Also the Celtics to come back and win series only has a small profit margin. Something not adding up with those numbers. All playoffs long those who profitted went against the Public that +330 Miami Heat ML looks tempting.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Just saw a stat that when Spo is up 3-0 in a series it has not extended past a game 6. The Heat have not also lost back to back games all playoffs.

The fact Vegas has Celtics as the 8.5 pts favorites is real suspect. Also the Celtics to come back and win series only has a small profit margin. Something not adding up with those numbers. All playoffs long those who profitted went against the Public that +330 Miami Heat ML looks tempting.

Vegas is terrified of losing their shirts and they don't fukk with the Heat at all. If the Heat advance I would imagine Denver will be a heavy favorite. Vegas is going to assume the Heat go back to shooting like shyt.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps

One thing I keep reminding myself about Vegas odds and betting lines is...

A. They are NOT an estimation of who will win and by how much.

B. They are a number that is designed to attract as close to 50/50 betting on each side of the line, guaranteeing a house win. Which is affected by PUBLIC PERCEPTION and POPULARITY, not actual game W/L probabilities.

Most people, myself included, often think of Vegas lines as A, when it's really B.

:whoo: