The Cs Dispatched The MVP & Now Face Super Saiyan Jimmy! | Official HEAT (#8) vs. Celtics (#2) Eastern Conference Finals Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
Sounds like the C's kissed and made up their internal drama after game 3 ("galvanized"), and it led to better connectedness on the court.

:ehh:

JB had a meh game, but his energy seems much better now. If his game comes online, we might have a series.

(Timestamped)

Dave Portnoy set up a “team bonding Dinner” after game 3.

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
I would not be shocked if Boston wins this series in 7
I'll say this: The C's dominating like they did last night (and maybe having figured it out), potentially winning G5 and going back to FL for G6 where you know the Heat are gonna be pressed to finish 'em off or risk a winner-take-all at TD...this might be as precarious a once-3-0 series as there's been.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I'll say this: The C's dominating like they did last night (and maybe having figured it out), potentially winning G5 and going back to FL for G6 where you know the Heat are gonna be pressed to finish 'em off or risk a winner-take-all at TD...this might be as precarious a once-3-0 series as there's been.
It’s never happened before in the 150 previous times, so there’s no reason to believe that it will happen out.

Boston puts it together in flashes, so I’m hard pressed to believe they can put it together for 3 more games. I say that as someone who picked them to win the championship before the season started.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I hope this is the off-season that Jaylen works on his handles. Maybe he has, but it just ain’t in em.

Anyway, this is way too accurate :snoop:

Handles are a weird thing to work on in basketball because no matter how hard you work on them in closed doors and get the muscle memory down you can still be a horrible ball handler. It's really all reflexes and hand eye coordination, being able to read your opponent and knowing the proper move to protect the ball/go around them.

The best way to do get better IMO is just to have the ball all the time in game situations, rather than cone drills. But like you said, some people just don't have it in them

Mars

Superstar
Daps
It’s never happened before in the 150 previous times, so there’s no reason to believe that it will happen out.

Boston puts it together in flashes, so I’m hard pressed to believe they can put it together for 3 more games. I say that as someone who picked them to win the championship before the season started.

It's gonna happen sooner or later right?......Why not right now?.....2 of the next 3 games would be at home.....Miami has been playing over their heads so maybe the role players get tight in a game 6 at home.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
It's gonna happen sooner or later right?......Why not right now?.....2 of the next 3 games would be at home.....Miami has been playing over their heads so maybe the role players get tight in a game 6 at home.
History isn’t on their side as only 3 teams out of the 150 have even took it to a game 7. I think Dallas was the last team who did it years ago against Portland I believe.

Have Boston win game 5 and 6 and then it can be an actual discussion. Any other talk about it at this point is wishful thinking.

Last edited:

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
CoachGPT was a wild boy in college

FdRS9c8X0AEBBsP

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
Handles are a weird thing to work on in basketball because no matter how hard you work on them in closed doors and get the muscle memory down you can still be a horrible ball handler. It's really all reflexes and hand eye coordination, being able to read your opponent and knowing the proper move to protect the ball/go around them.

The best way to do get better IMO is just to have the ball all the time in game situations, rather than cone drills. But like you said, some people just don't have it in them

I remember realizing as a kid learning to play basketball that no matter how much I practiced my ball handling it hit a ceiling, my handles never got beyond a C+ no matter how hard I tried

good post breh

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
History isn’t on their side as only 3 teams out of the 150 have even took it to a game 7. I think Dallas was the last team who did it years ago against Portland I believe.

Have Boston win game 5 and 6 and then it can be an actual discussion. Any other talk about it at this point is wishful thinking.

Taking it one game at a time. Sweep is in the rear view mirror, Series is 3-1 now and teams have come back from 3-1 deficits. Only thing in the Celtics mind should be winning game 5, That’s the Mentality.