The Coli's Screenwriting/Filmmaking Thread [Share tips, etc]

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
All right brehs, finally got my laptop so now it's time to get down to business.

I'm hoping before August to get 2-3 scripts done.

Right now it's all about learning to how use a script program, structuring a script and learning more on how to do a script.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
All right brehs, finally got my laptop so now it's time to get down to business.

I'm hoping before August to get 2-3 scripts done.

Right now it's all about learning to how use a script program, structuring a script and learning more on how to do a script.
I want to get one done also. On my bucket list

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Tom Lazarus - Secrets of Filmwriting

Very easy going book with tips that you'll memorize without trying
i bought this for pennies on amazon and read it on the toilet over the last month. Just another bitter dude with some success talking about how much the industry sucks basically, but it's decent starter's book. it's from early 2000s so it's definitely not up to date with the industry now, but till decent. worth having in the collection since you can get it used for so cheap

i keep all my screenwriting books right on the little shelf on my desk so im always lookin at em... i also keep little figurines there too b/c im a child, but i got a Bender, a Cartman, and a Homer and sadly i have them there b/c i like to think they inspire me. ... in reality, they just make me seem like a creep who plays with toys

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i bought this for pennies on amazon and read it on the toilet over the last month. Just another bitter dude with some success talking about how much the industry sucks basically, but it's decent starter's book. it's from early 2000s so it's definitely not up to date with the industry now, but till decent. worth having in the collection since you can get it used for so cheap

i keep all my screenwriting books right on the little shelf on my desk so im always lookin at em... i also keep little figurines there too b/c im a child, but i got a Bender, a Cartman, and a Homer and sadly i have them there b/c i like to think they inspire me. ... in reality, they just make me seem like a creep who plays with toys

I agree with that. Majority of these cats who write these books had a little fame off something not really big. I found his tips for writing a script good and made sense.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Been working as a copywriter for almost 2 months right now and goddamn :wow:

"How about we send 5 blind people skydiving?"

Just sitting with a group of creative people and saying stuff like that all day

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
This thread is mad inspirational :salute:to all the brehs and brehettes going through the struggle with the blank page :myman:

Working on my first one at the moment. Lucky to have the craziest real life story to base it off, and about 80/90 pages into my first draft.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Been working as a copywriter for almost 2 months right now and goddamn :wow:

"How about we send 5 blind people skydiving?"

Just sitting with a group of creative people and saying stuff like that all day

That's what you do as a copywriter? :mindblown:

I'm in the wrong business :to:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i don't even know what a copywriter is, but the room is my dream. i think im a rockstar in that setting. fukk it, i know I'd be a rockstar in that setting.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
That's what you do as a copywriter? :mindblown:

I'm in the wrong business :to:

i don't even know what a copywriter is, but the room is my dream. i think im a rockstar in that setting. fukk it, i know I'd be a rockstar in that setting.

Copywriters are used to help create direct mail pieces, taglines, jingle lyrics, web page content (although if the purpose is not ultimately promotional, its author might prefer to be called a content writer), online ads, e-mail and other Internet content, television or radio commercial scripts, press releases, white papers, catalogs, billboards, brochures, postcards, sales letters, and other marketing communications media pages.

I'm mostly doing the underlined stuff but I also cast a commerical for a home security company last week. Right now I'm work on an energy drink, gas station chain, chain restaurant and chain vehicle check up service. The Room is fantastic, bouncing ideas back and forth and making dumb and clever stuff up. We do alot of field work, testing/getting the products for free. Every friday the alcohol is flowing, also free. Of course we work with alot of data that we have to take into account for everything but 80% of the time is pure creativity

Living the dream while working on my own shyt after work :orson:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
I'm mostly doing the underlined stuff but I also cast a commerical for a home security company last week. Right now I'm work on an energy drink, gas station chain, chain restaurant and chain vehicle check up service. The Room is fantastic, bouncing ideas back and forth and making dumb and clever stuff up. We do alot of field work, testing/getting the products for free. Every friday the alcohol is flowing, also free. Of course we work with alot of data that we have to take into account for everything but 80% of the time is pure creativity

Living the dream while working on my own shyt after work :orson:

you made it breh, you're living the dream :wow: