Essential The Coli's GQ Thread: Men's Fashion

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Anybody fukk with topcoats ? Wasnt into them before,now considering it now that i seen some dope looking patterns and prints...

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
british-irish-lions-stripe-rugby-jersey-navy-p28-190_zoom.jpg

finally copped on sale :ohlawd:

BRUHHHH....I need the link to this yesterday

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Coli, need some help here...

In a bit of a conflict here. I want to expand my wardrobe (it's pretty crappy right now) but at the same time, I don't wanna spend a bunch of money on clothes I'll soon outgrow (lost 35 lbs last year and still losing more).

I have an idea of what type of clothes fit me and my personality, a mix between, preppy, urban, classy and slightly sophisticated. What are some good sites for me to look to shop at? Some places I personally like, Banana Republic (their Chinos are GOAT), J.Crew for sweaters, etc

I personally like to check things in the store, make sure they fit before venturing online, so if you have any online-only stores that may be for later.

FYI, no Zara, H&M, Asos etc for me. Zara is for slim dudes, I'm a bigger guy. H&M and Asos a tad too urban for me.

Any help would be nice. I just graduated college and will be starting the full time soon. Wanna start building up my wardrobe.

Thanks in advance to the real ones

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Took a picture of my closet

O206alK.jpg

Nice closet. A few questions

1-How old are you? I'm 21 but I really like the shoes in your closet. A good mix of business and business casual. I'm not too big into sneakers. Also, the wardrobe has a bit of urban flair
2-What's your profession? Lots of suits
3-What's the ID of the sneakers right above the dark brown Sperry's? They are like white and grey, in line with the 2nd to the last drawer.
4-How long did it take to build this up from ground up?
5-Yearly income? Don't have to answer this tbh, just curious.

nefarious

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Nice closet. A few questions

1-How old are you? I'm 21 but I really like the shoes in your closet. A good mix of business and business casual. I'm not too big into sneakers. Also, the wardrobe has a bit of urban flair
2-What's your profession? Lots of suits
3-What's the ID of the sneakers right above the dark brown Sperry's? They are like white and grey, in line with the 2nd to the last drawer.
4-How long did it take to build this up from ground up?
5-Yearly income? Don't have to answer this tbh, just curious.

1. 33. The closet is real suit heavy - all of my knits, tshirts, polos, etc are folded in drawers. i don't hang them because it warps them.
2. I do sales for an IT firm. Most of my job is meeting with C-level clients so I wear a lot of suits, but I also own a lot of non-work suits for hitting the town.
3. Those are Quoddy boat shoes, not Sperry :lolbron: The sneakers are Kris Van Assche low multi-laced.
4. It's always a work in progress. Its never really done. I used to subscribe to the "buy better, buy less" mentality. I never shopped at Zara or H&M or anything because I preferred to spend good money on solid basics that would last a very long time. Now that I've come up I just "buy better, buy more" :manny:
5. It varies a lot due to commission/sales cycle but it's typically mid-six figures.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
1. 33. The closet is real suit heavy - all of my knits, tshirts, polos, etc are folded in drawers. i don't hang them because it warps them.
2. I do sales for an IT firm. Most of my job is meeting with C-level clients so I wear a lot of suits, but I also own a lot of non-work suits for hitting the town.
3. Those are Quoddy boat shoes, not Sperry :lolbron: The sneakers are Kris Van Assche low multi-laced.
4. It's always a work in progress. Its never really done. I used to subscribe to the "buy better, buy less" mentality. I never shopped at Zara or H&M or anything because I preferred to spend good money on solid basics that would last a very long time. Now that I've come up I just "buy better, buy more" :manny:
5. It varies a lot due to commission/sales cycle but it's typically mid-six figures.

Thanks man for the info. A few more questions, if you don't mind

1. "buy better, buy less" is a good motto for those starting out (you have 12 years on me in terms of earnings and experience) but what stores did you go to when starting out?
2. Are you really big into fashion and flossing or just something you got into later?
3. When you say mid-six figures do you mean like $300k-$600k or are we talking mid $100k?

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

man, are your Van Assche in good condition? They went out of business.

I still got my one pair High Tops:mjcry: