The Coli Movie Club: The Scream Series

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
What you mean breh

I mean, I like how Omar and Jada went out, it was entertaining and funny for the way it played up the stereotype and open joke of black people dying within the first five minutes. However, I didn't like it for those very reasons as well. So it's one of those kill scenes where I think it's actually brilliant and irritating.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I mean, I like how Omar and Jada went out, it was entertaining and funny for the way it played up the stereotype and open joke of black people dying within the first five minutes. However, I didn't like it for those very reasons as well. So it's one of those kill scenes where I think it's actually brilliant and irritating.

That makes sense. It didn't irritate me because Joel (Duane Martin) lived and did the one thing we always want the black person in the horror movie to do: Leave. And then he came back when the bodies were finished being stacked up :smugbond:

And at least their deaths were a narrative device and played into the larger story. They weren't just cannon fodder. Even Elise Neal's character survived for a long long time and her death meant something too. Only in Scream 3 did people just start dying for the sake of it

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah, she used to be really hot. Her and Jennifer Love-Hewitt. I wonder what happened to her?

To Neve or Jennifer? I just saw an advertisement the other day that Jennifer is going to be on criminal minds

neve campbell :noah:

and i don't even like white women

Breh her and Rose McGowan did something for me. and Rose is pale in that movie but it must've been them thangs in those tight shirts she rocked.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Loved 'Scream' and the two sequels…'4' was fun to see in theaters at midnight showing, but not a worthy addition, or a good movie in general. The first 3 are mandatory viewing during October, for my horror movie contest.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
To Neve or Jennifer? I just saw an advertisement the other day that Jennifer is going to be on criminal minds

Breh her and Rose McGowan did something for me. and Rose is pale in that movie but it must've been them thangs in those tight shirts she rocked.
mcgowan in scream is instaboner status. love pale bytches with big t*ts