“The Chi” Official Season 6 watch thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
all those kids in The Chi universe and the only one that appears to be doing anything outside of Chicago is Kev and it's not for college, it's for gaming? Poppa couldn't get into one of those OD Christian universities? Jake can't go to ICDC College while selling shirts? Poppa works at Smokey's and does a pod from his room, and his pops was up his ass about how he conducted himself and who he was around, but he graduated without school in the cards?
Probably my biggest beef with this show. They’ve abated every single kid from going to college. Kevin and Keisha, Jake got into that private school to still not go to college? Jemma went from Angela Davis with a 4.0 to back talking thot betting on a rapper to save her? Poppa couldn’t go to no local school? Like damn, black people do make it to college Lena

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I understand they want to keep all the kids/actors in the show but they don’t have to dissolve them from higher education. They can all attend a local college and have experiences there for storylines. Young black kids in college, we got decades worth of material for that, school dayz, different world, dear white people, grown-ish, why are we still doing this?

All these storylines can take place at south side university.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
they allergic to money? like getting placed into leading roles on hit shows is that simple.

at least the black kid on stranger things......I have seen him in a number of movies.
Millie Bobbi Brown and Mike both been in other movies and are highly sought after

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
I understand they want to keep all the kids/actors in the show but they don’t have to dissolve them from higher education. They can all attend a local college and have experiences there for storylines. Young black kids in college, we got decades worth of material for that, school dayz, different world, dear white people, grown-ish, why are we still doing this?

All these storylines can take place at south side university.
Poppa got into seminary school I believe :troll:

Jake is even dumber than he looks!! That was such an unrealistic scene. Jake is not supposed to be naive like Emmett or Brandon!
Reg prolly rolling in his grave :francis:

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Ok I’m caught up. This show is still stupid. Went from having a story S1-2 to meandering and becoming a snapshot of random life events in Chicago to now we’re back on mayor douda super thug. No way a nikka like that doesn’t get smoked in fukking chicago

And how the hell did Nina just let Dre “go”, they’re married, and ol girl was married, both of them just openly cheating or did a divorce happen we don’t know about?

And this past episode with them ham handedly trying to make it seem shameful that most people just pretend to be straight they’re whole lives…like huh? :dead:

Ok, now to read thru some of this thread
Welcome back :salute::mjcry: