The Champs Escape The Beam & Now Face The King's New Regime! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Warriors (#6) WCSF Thread

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Kerr has to bench Poole game 4 and give those minutes to Moody and Divicenzo. Won't be shocked or surprised if Scott Foster is given the call for game 4.
I'm down for benching Poole, but Donte has been low key 🗑️ too.

But I guess at least he tries harder.

:manny:

Hawala Man

All Star
Daps
It will be Tony Brothers…

Foster only in pivotal games like 5,6,7
Foster is known as the series extender its a much different series 3-1 versus 2-2. Brothers was the ref game 2 so don't know or not sure they would use him again so early in the series. Viewership wise the NBA wants 6-7 in this series.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Needless to say, he needs to play better, but when he's getting put in foul trouble over numerous controversial calls, it's hard to have an imprint on the game.

Do we think he gets called for those exact fouls in Game 2?

:manny:

I bet he'll be officiated differently in Game 4.
He's smarter than that though. He's gotta read the room. Only one call was controversial.

Trying to draw charges ain't it when the refs are blowing whistles.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Who said it was the consensus?

Y'all stay with the strawman shyt.
You cited it as some kind of smoking gun evidence it’s not.

Let’s move on to Game 4. Lakers have to go up 3-1. 2-2 more likely opens the door for Warriors in 6.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No use complaining about the refs. It's not gonna change anything.

I will say tho...it is glaring that the Lakers only win when they shoot alot of free throws (G1 & G3). When both teams shot the same amount, they got blown out.

It's up to Golden State to play smarter. Stop making turnovers. Stop giving the refs even the faintest reason to blow the whistle. Attack the paint more. Bench Poole.

Daps
He's smarter than that though. He's gotta read the room. Only one call was controversial.

Trying to draw charges ain't it when the refs are blowing whistles.
And the alternative is to just let the Lakers get uncontested shots in the paint?

I don't argue against the point of him being more selective, but it shouldn't be on the basis of the officials picking and choosing when to call, depending on the circumstances of a game. He's not getting all that shyt called against him in Game 2. Those are the plays he needs to make being the defensive anchor on this team.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
No use complaining about the refs. It's not gonna change anything.

I will say tho...it is glaring that the Lakers only win when they shoot alot of free throws (G1 & G3). When both teams shot the same amount, they got blown out.

It's up to Golden State to play smarter. Stop making turnovers. Stop giving the refs even the faintest reason to blow the whistle. Attack the paint more. Bench Poole.

If you're the shorter, jump-shooting team that doesn't drive and has to rely on reaching because no one on the team can get a clean block, and you still get the same # of free throws as the big attacking team that shot fewer threes, you damn well better win. :skip:

It's like saying, "Barry Bonds was only good cause they wouldn't call strikes on him. If they had given him as many strikeouts as they gave walks, his stats would have been much worse."

These low-info narratives are dumb as shyt. If you don't take into account how both teams are playing, then just focusing on # of free throws with zero context is meaningless.