The Brehs of Wall Street (Offical Stock Market Thread)

aSniperJones

films & fitness
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Washington, DC
Watch this technology stock very closely..

First, thank you.
Second, I read the company’s profile and researched their technologies and it makes sense for future growth; efficient access to data via fiber optics.
Which brings me to my third statement, more so my trading style and my advice for those investing [I am not a financial advisor]. When purchasing shares, research the company, penny stocks to hot stocks. If it doesn't make sense to you, don't invest. AMC and GME are good examples from my prospective; I don't foresee great expansion of services for AMC or GME beyond what they've been doing for years, so I'm not investing. That's not to say they won't do great, but I don't see it, so when or if I miss out, no love lost, I didn't believe in them.
Fourth, let's talk research, PTON (Peloton Interactive Inc.) for this example. I did invest in them, but only after researching, because investing in what we assumed is a stationary bike is insane. Upon researching I learned that Peloton has an entire "backend infrastructure" [interactive digital content delivery service] that can be utilized by anyone for anything; that's their future potential, that's why I decided it was a good investment.

TL:DR: Research and ask yourself "Will and/or can this company grow into the future I see" otherwise you're not investing, you're gambling.

Last edited:

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
If you look at the 5 year chart, AMC's fair value is around $20. Even if I get in around $10, it is still a good deal, and it is below $8 right now.
You have to be real dumb to think AMC is meme stock, that company isnt going anywhere anytime soon.
Even Cinemark (CNK) is a good deal for long term investors.:yeshrug:

Last edited:
Daps
First, thank you.
Second, I read the companies profiles and researched their technologies and it makes sense for future growth; efficient access to data via fiber optics.
Which brings me to my third statement, more so my trading style and my advice for those investing [I am not a financial advisor]. When purchasing shares, research the company, penny stocks to hot stocks. If it doesn't make sense to you, don't invest. AMC and GME are good examples from my prospective; I don't foresee great expansion of services for AMC or GME beyond what they've been doing for years, so I'm not investing. That's not to say they won't do great, but I don't see it, so when or if I miss out, no love lost, I didn't believe in them.
Fourth, let's talk research, PTON (Peloton Interactive Inc.) for this example. I did invest in them, but only after researching, because investing in what we assumed is a stationary bike is insane. Upon researching I learned that Peloton has an entire "backend infrastructure" [interactive digital content delivery service] that can be utilized by anyone for anything; that's their future potential, that's why I decided it was a good investment.

TL:DR: Research and ask yourself "Will and/or can this company grow into the future I see" otherwise you're not investing, you're gambling.
Even while exercising due diligence and performing exhaustive investigative work, it’s still a form of gambling, because nothing is guaranteed and you’re hedging a bet with a high degree of risk involved.

:unimpressed:

Last edited:

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
First, thank you.
Second, I read the companies profiles and researched their technologies and it makes sense for future growth; efficient access to data via fiber optics.

That is why I love them so much and invested a lot of my money on them..they're long hold for me.

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I just don't see movie theaters coming back like covid never happened. People are going to be uncomfortable sitting in a packed theatre with strangers for years to come imo.
People aren't uncomfortable doing anything, the only thing stopping people is the government.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First, thank you.

Gamestop is expanding into the pc market and they have quietly been rebranding while adding PC items to their online store as late as last week.:sas2:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just don't see movie theaters coming back like covid never happened. People are going to be uncomfortable sitting in a packed theatre with strangers for years to come imo.
im ok with it while wearing a mask, i only request one empty seat on both sides

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
If you look at the 5 year chart, AMC's fair value is around $20. Even if I get in around $10, it is still a good deal, and it is below $8 right now.
You have to be real dumb to think AMC is meme stock, that company isnt going anywhere anytime soon.
Theatre’s are dying, unless they re-invent/innovate it’s hard to see the tides turning against streaming.

They were struggling pre-covid, the last year simply brought the timeline forward.

I don’t think they’ll go the way of Blockbuster route as they still offer social utility but I don’t see them (cinema) as an industry that can grow 10%+ year on year concurrently with streaming (& gaming!) as competitors. YMMV :yeshrug:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i expect it to hit 20 bucks again, it might even peak a little higher then you sell

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Theatre’s are dying, unless they re-invent/innovate it’s hard to see the tides turning against streaming.

They were struggling pre-covid, the last year simply brought the timeline forward.

I don’t think they’ll go the way of Blockbuster route as they still offer social utility but I don’t see them (cinema) as an industry that can grow 10%+ year on year concurrently with streaming (& gaming!) as competitors. YMMV :yeshrug:
I dont need theatres to grow in order to make money, I just need them to not be obsolete in the next 24 months. They might not be doing too well pre covid but $7 per share is overreaction by the market. It is worth much more than that.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I dont need theatres to grow in order to make money, I just need them to not be obsolete in the next 24 months. They might not be doing too well pre covid but $7 per share is overreaction by the market. It is worth much more than that.
The market typically prices ahead in the future, as in expected value in 5+ years, which might explain the pessimism reflected on the price.

Could definitely be a shrewd move on your part if you feel it’s been oversold

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This is definitely hitting $100, so that’s 5 racks for you right there, though I wouldn’t cash out at that number. This could go a lot higher, assuming the brokers don’t fukk around and halt trading.
:comeon:
I have some AMC shares already and I don't even believe that shyt