The Brehs of Wall Street (Offical Stock Market Thread)

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
was this the question?

if you’re “stuck” in lucid or waiting on the sidelines debating to buy, then in all likelihood it will bounce back...the question now is how low/long will it keep dropping before it does bounce back

that being said...you don’t know me...you don’t know my intentions...you don’t even know if I have a decent track record for “picking” anything so you shouldn’t just take my advice...use google follow it up...look up CCIV...look up lucid...look up the questions you have (e.g. “will CCIV recover”)...stock tips from places like here, reddit, twitter, stocktwits can be ok as a starting point once you know/observe who to listen to but it should not be the end all/be all of your “research”...you’re setting yourself up for failure ultimately even if you do get lucky and someone hits you off with a “gem”
Thanks for explaining that breh :salute:

not just that, I’ve asked other questions but you explained this one for me.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes @surf explained what I meant by "hand holding" it wasn't no diss but exactly what he was saying. I'm just saying you're expecting that when most of,these dudes don't know more than you so I don't know why you'd expect them to pick winners for you like they some wall st $$$ killers. If they were they most likely wouldn't be on here to be honest. As far as the questions I also think that's something you should learn on your own esp the basics. I can only speak for myself but it get real tiring real quick when cats keep asking basic ass questions that if you know they were truly into a given thing would know about or research themselves. I haven't checked your post in this thread so I don't know if that applies to you just speaking in general.

I agree with most of your statement but this isn’t fair imo granted it’s your opinion...but there are ppl like that who post in these type of forums who don’t have to but they do...I’m not saying they all have altruistic intentions but some genuinely do want to help

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I agree with most of your statement but this isn’t fair imo granted it’s your opinion...but there are ppl like that who post in these type of forums who don’t have to but they do...I’m not saying they all have altruistic intentions but some genuinely do want to help
why do you think it isn't fair when I'm talking overall? We can always find outliers but I try to be grounded on whats the norm not the exception. It could be some stock market wizards in here but I'd still say not many would post on here full time. I could definitely be wrong but I'd take my chances betting on it not being more than a handful if that.

Edit to add: I'd be suspicious if they did because why would they just be giving out free advice that if they're any good would get paid $$$$ for? If this was a WSB type site I'd agree with you more but this thread harder to see it.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why do you think it isn't fair when I'm talking overall? We can always find outliers but I try to be grounded on whats the norm not the exception. It could be some stock market wizards in here but I'd still say not many would post on here full time. I could definitely be wrong but I'd take my chances betting on it not being more than a handful if that.

fair enough!

Daps
Seems a lot of the tech stocks that were booming over the past year are dipping a bit...now a good time to buy in?

I’ve long been concerned about what happens when we reach the anniversary of the 2020 crash. Will there be a big increase in sales as folks try to capitalize on the long term gains and will this cause a significant dip?

Another red day... I’ll ask again; any opinions/guesses on when one should consider going in on some of these blue chip stocks that are dipping right now?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Another red day... I’ll ask again; any opinions/guesses on when one should consider going in on some of these blue chip stocks that are dipping right now?
It depends. Are you just copping for long term? If so I'd say now would probably be a good chance to get them while they're cheaper. They'll eventually go back up. For other types of trading it depends. What are you trying to do? That would help

Daps
It depends. Are you just copping for long term? If so I'd say now would probably be a good chance to get them while they're cheaper. They'll eventually go back up. For other types of trading it depends. What are you trying to do? That would help
Yea, looking for long term capital gains.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
also @NoMoreWhiteWoman2020 my post was ONLY in response to your question can CCIV go back up...that is not advice on whether you should buy it now or not...you can buy it now and it can still drop further or you can wait for it to drop more and then it never does...that’s the dilemma some folks are facing in the crypto thread as well...as advised above, if you believe in it long-term after reading up on it A LOT more and not solely based off what someone else said, then the current prices may be acceptable to you even if it dips lower bcuz you’re comfortable believing it could bounce back to a point that you like

Daps
Seriously, shut the fukk up. You sound like a wsb moron right about now.

You're starting to drink the diamond cool aid.

YOLO. Why not get excited about the possibility of this stock soaring? It’s just as likely it won’t, but the rush of entertaining the possibility is part of the experience. Just having fun, breh.

This is not financial advice.

:yeshrug:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Yea, looking for long term capital gains.
If that's what you're looking for I'd cop around now or anytime it is dropping to get more shares at a cheaper price. If the stock is any good it will eventually go back up so I'd always scoop when it takes a break from doing so. Not like you'll be able to get say apple for 40 again unless they do some crazy stock split so yeah I'd be looking to cop now before prices start going back up again as long as you're confident in the companies you like.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
also @NoMoreWhiteWoman2020 my post was ONLY in response to your question can CCIV go back up...that is not advice on whether you should buy it now or not...you can buy it now and it can still drop further or you can wait for it to drop more and then it never does...that’s the dilemma some folks are facing in the crypto thread as well
I was more so just trying to see what brehs were investing in; I have long term and short term options, also paper trading while learning and managing my real dollar portfolio I just started. I heard about TUSK on here too and it’s doing really well.

fun fact; when we had the stock trader thing on here, I broke the bank and set the record for coli cash bc I had time and it was a 15 minute lag so I could easily buy into shyt. But that shyt didn’t teach me anything about the real market, shorting, setting things up to sell automatically when it hits a certain point, how to interpret business news like mergers etc. so I’m trying to learn the right way so I can teach my students about this eventually.