The Brehs of Wall Street (Offical Stock Market Thread)

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Considering a transfer to a different brokerage account.. and just downgrade RH to a cash account for day trading

I heard Fidelity and TD are good.
You could be missing out on a lot because Robinhood has terrible extended hours. Most brokers are start 7 AM and end at 8. Robinhood is 9 AM to 6.

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when buying stock that offers dividends, do i automatically receive them?

If i bought apple right now, would i receive dividends?

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
when buying stock that offers dividends, do i automatically receive them?

If i bought apple right now, would i receive dividends?

To determine whether you should get a dividend, you need to look at two important dates. They are the "record date" or "date of record" and the "ex-dividend date" or "ex-date."

When a company declares a dividend, it sets a record date when you must be on the company's books as a shareholder to receive the dividend. Companies also use this date to determine who is sent proxy statements, financial reports, and other information.

Once the company sets the record date, the ex-dividend date is set based on stock exchange rules. The ex-dividend date for stocks is usually set one business day before the record date. If you purchase a stock on its ex-dividend date or after, you will not receive the next dividend payment. Instead, the seller gets the dividend. If you purchase before the ex-dividend date, you get the dividend.

You're late for AAPL by two days for this quarter.

You get it automatically, or you can set it to auto reinvest by turning on DRIP

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
All or nothing haha

rMW.gif

:banderas: that's how we do it...:russ:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
all over gamestop lol

nikka was like I’m invest my life savings ($187,000) :gladbron:

gamestop said you can trade it in for $100 :mjlol:

damn 1-8-7k :snoop: :lupe:

The fact he has 187K and was able to invest it in GME let’s me know I have been fukking up at life. And he wasn’t even 30 and had that kind of extra money.

Daps
The fact he has 187K and was able to invest it in GME let’s me know I have been fukking up at life. And he wasn’t even 30 and had that kind of extra money.

White boys get money from parents and grandparents...maybe $30k here, $60k there. They start out with zero debt after college except a car note and then get infusions of cash. They'll have us thinking that they just "saved" and "made smart decisions" but forget to tell you that Granny gave them a ton of cash to get started.