The Brehs of Wall Street (Offical Stock Market Thread)

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
You also want to consider how much money you have to mess around with and your risk tolerance and goals.

It's a lot easier to double a 2 dollar stock than a 100 dollar stock but if you have the capital and the patience then go for the more established company. You could also invest in ETFs with big holding of tesla for example rather than buying tesla itself.

I am currently a bit hamstrung financially so I'm more speculative and gambling on cheaper plays and just hoping they pop for me.

Once I have a little more flexibility I'll have some safer plays and just chill on them.

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can answer more in depth later (I'm at work) but I have shifted towards swing trading moreso in my retirement account because its tax free upon withdrawal unless I withdraw early. I swung trade last year in a regular brokerage account but I'm going to be hit over the head with taxes on it. With that said, if you dont think your gains are going to push you into a different tax bracket then it's not really as much of an issue as some people may think. My gains last year pushed me into a different tax bracket.

Otherwise, yeah, you can look into resistance and support and all that. Volume etc. But honestly, I'd look moreso into different price targets from analysts online, compare it to what price you want to get in on it and happy leaving as well as potential catalysts. For example with Sava, I got in after news broke, but if I was aware of the company working on a big alzheimers drug, I would have considered buying and then flipping it after positive news on the phase 1 study hit. Then I'd track it day to day and maybe catch a dip on it for even more shares with the previous proceeds and hold until the next study etc. With sava though, the results of the study were so ridiculously good that I didnt see much of a dip coming at all and just held it. I did note before that a dip would come (and it did back to 55 or so) but I was too busy to track it all day and didnt want to lose out. If something somewhat similar happens and you are just speculating on a company you dont really believe in then just pocket the gains and move to something else.

I appreciate this like a muthafukka man!

and if you have time for the more in depth response at another time that would be amazing bro

dap plus rep on site status going forward
:salute:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't think GME will recover and reach the same number prior to the huge drop.
Only realistic hope now is if it can climb to 150.00.

Am I being too pessimistic or realistic or maybe even deluded?

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I appreciate this like a muthafukka man!

and if you have time for the more in depth response at another time that would be amazing bro

dap plus rep on site status going forward
:salute:

Np

There are many different ways to skin a cat so dont take it as gospel but that's how I approach it with my time available. I was swing trading way more during quarantine because I had all day every day to dive into the numbers. Many people looking for those types of gains do options but that is a whole different ball game. I'd wait on dabbling with that

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I personally think 150 is unrealistic...

eXodus

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Np

There are many different ways to skin a cat so dont take it as gospel but that's how I approach it with my time available. I was swing trading way more during quarantine because I had all day every day to dive into the numbers. Many people looking for those types of gains do options but that is a whole different ball game. I'd wait on dabbling with that
Yea, if I mess with options I’m only gonna paper trade with that until I can consistently master how to time them.

I gotta look into the tax bracket thing too.. doubt it will be an issue this year since I don’t imagine making a ton from trading but it’s good to be safe and know for future years

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Yea, if I mess with options I’m only gonna paper trade with that until I can consistently master how to time them.

I gotta look into the tax bracket thing too.. doubt it will be an issue this year since I don’t imagine making a ton from trading but it’s good to be safe and know for future years

Tbh biden is prob gonna make capital gains tax less favorable so u might wanna hop on that asap lol

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps

You're being realistic and you're actually learning from this.