The Bloody Nine: Who else has Read The First Law Series?

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I know I've said this before but seriously, this show needs to be adapted at the same level as like a Game of Thrones or something. So many Rich characters, story lines, etc. So good.

And it's not even over. That last sentence or two at the end of the age of madness trilogy gave me goosebumps like a mug.

:wow:

If anybody is familiar with that series on Netflix called Love death robots, in the last season there was episode with this giant crab with excellent and animation style. I feel like the series would be great with that. It was motion captured and everything. either that or like live action with like the original Lord of the rings trilogy level cinematography and whatnot. Just more brutal.

Actually, I think the studio who did the Netflix Castlevania series would be perfect

Last edited:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
For those who have read the best served cold, if you had to describe that book in three movies what would you say?

For me it would have to be Kill Bill, The Count of Monte cristo, and Inglorious Basterds.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Just finished, "Before They Are Hanged." Waaaaaay better than the 1st one. My man Threetrees went back to the mud. Salute!:salute:
And Ardee needs some penis. :obama:

Im still mad B9 is crushin on my boo. I wanna see more of Yulwei the Black Magus.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Just finished, "Before They Are Hanged." Waaaaaay better than the 1st one. My man Threetrees went back to the mud. Salute!:salute:
And Ardee needs some penis. :obama:

Im still mad B9 is crushin on my boo. I wanna see more of Yulwei the Black Magus.

Threetrees was definitely a real one. I remember one of his quotes where he was complaining about how he shouldn't even be out here fighting this crazy war at his age and that rather he should be kicked back being taken care of by his kids and living out the rest of his years in peace.

He was definitely one of my favorite characters. Very no nonsense, brave, experienced, and a great leader.

Hardin grim's eulogy really hit.

:mjcry:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Not a single post about what this shyt is about. Can I please get a summary before I google

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Not a single post about what this shyt is about. Can I please get a summary before I google
You probably have figured it out by now. I highly recommend listening to the audio books and avoiding this thread because it's full of spoilers

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps

The main character, Logen is a Viking/Norse inspired character that goes into full berserker mode during battle. He is feared more than he is loved. He wants to change, but he can't seem to do so. As a reader you rock with him, but then get scared of him.

He gets separated from his squad when attacked by "orc-apes". So he ends up traveling and leaving that life of violence behind.... For a time.

Him, his squad, got a lot of beef with the king of the northern Vikings. And it looks like them other Vikings are going to invade the South.

These two storylines are in the North.

In the South, there are three other story lines.

The other main character in the story is Glotka - he's the chief torturer of the kingdom. A mix of Varys and a Tyrion. He's sharp and hilarious, and crippled.

Jezal is a pretty boy in the king's army. He has his homies, but he's very much a dikk. He's got a thang for his potna's sister, because she basically scratches his itch.

Baz is the wizard. Something is coming, and they need to grab some magic item to stop it.

Logen, Jezal, Baz, and a few other characters go on a quest for the thing. Meanwhile the Vikings and the Kingdom tussle, and there is some palace intrigue.

You read this for the characters mostly. Everybody is likeable and unlikeable. They all have personality. And like Game of Thrones, most of the fantasy tropes are flipped.

Probably the best series I've read since game of thrones.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
Threetrees was definitely a real one. I remember one of his quotes where he was complaining about how he shouldn't even be out here fighting this crazy war at his age and that rather he should be kicked back being taken care of by his kids and living out the rest of his years in peace.

He was definitely one of my favorite characters. Very no nonsense, brave, experienced, and a great leader.

Hardin grim's eulogy really hit.

:mjcry:
Are we gonna get more info on them Northmen? Like their origin story? Dogman is my dude.

Dogman, Threetrees, Black Dow, Hardin Grim, 9 Fingers

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
It takes til the 2nd book lol. But yes there are 2 conflicts: Evil King and Evil Wizard. Military campaign with mystery working with fantasy elements involving wizards.

Also is being Book Nerd the same as a Comic Nerd? Or are they two different entities?

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
"Before They Are Hanged" Im on page 137 on day 3. Trying to read atleast 50 pages or 4 chapters a day, and Im having a hard time putting this book down. His writing is getting better. I was bored in Book 1 until 140+ pages in. The turning point for me for Book 1 was the fencing match with Jezhal. Up to that point it tedious as hell to read. But Book 2 it feels fluid and effortless. I did enjoy the background story of history of how the 1st Law came to be. And the fact we were introduced to demons and not just magic. But Glotka is really my davorite character and the driving force of the series it seems. He such a likeable character. Being handicapped and having the same issues as him with my bum left leg and back, I literally wake up like him and how he constantly speaks of pain. shyt hits home. Im enjoying the series, and cant wait to see how the Book 2 progresses.
It took me literally around 6 months to finally get to that point in the first book which was also the point where I finally got hooked. From then on, absolute masterclass in storytelling.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I’ve read The First Law, Heroes, and Best Served Cold.

Best Served Cold is one of the most satisfying revenge stories I’ve ever had the pleasure of partaking. Abercrombie is a fukking beast
For me personally I would put red country equal to or maybe slightly above best served cold. I really enjoyed that book.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
It took me literally around 6 months to finally get to that point in the first book which was also the point where I finally got hooked. From then on, absolute masterclass in storytelling.
I cant wait to crack open the 3rd and final of the series. 600+ pages. Can honestly say this will be a personal record for me. I wanna read 3 chapters a day.

God Of Art

Daps
Reppin
120 pages in for 3rd book: "Last Arguents Of Kings".

Im enjoying it so much. Glotka was abdicted and still talking shyt lol. Logen killed them dudes on their sleep and what happened to Crow??????? Also Bethod was on his Darth Maul shyt? Had 9 Fingers killing at will lol i think Logen a demon, same vein as Ferro.