The Bloody Nine: Who else has Read The First Law Series?

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
I also got the another trilogy to read too...The Age of Madness Trio...what othr book set do I need to finish the world of Abercrombie?

Before you jump into the age of madness trilogy you need to read the three books he wrote in between. Best served cold, red country, and sharp ends. Best served cold and rare country are exceptional, but I skipped sharp ends myself just because it wasn't required reading. It's just short stories with a bunch of side characters.

But I really, really enjoyed the other two. Especially Red country.

Edit:

Almost forgot to mention the heroes. That's another one of the standalones in between the first trilogy and the age of madness trilogy. Read that one as well.

It's ideal to read all the books in their publishing order

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Before you jump into the age of madness trilogy you need to read the three books he wrote in between. Best served cold, red country, and sharp ends. Best served cold and rare country are exceptional, but I skipped sharp ends myself just because it wasn't required reading. It's just short stories with a bunch of side characters.

But I really, really enjoyed the other two. Especially Red country.

Edit:

Almost forgot to mention the heroes. That's another one of the standalones in between the first trilogy and the age of madness trilogy. Read that one as well.

It's ideal to read all the books in their publishing order
All three of those books are fantastic reads.

And Pacey on the 1’s and 2’s on all of them make the audiobooks basically must listens in my mind.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I caught a post or two about the series last year in the Game of Thrones book thread.

Finished 'The Blade Itself' last week, well onto book two now. (Audiobooks FTW when I'm driving). :ahh:

Anyone else?

thebladeitselforig.jpg

Read the whole series a few years ago

everytime Bayaz popped up :wow: the energy

i remember thinking it was "just okay" at the time tho

but you know what :ohhh: my son Jezal, Glotka, Black Dow....

fukking Cosca :russ: these nikkas had alot going on, B9 just felt too much like Kratos to stand out as a MC but everyone else was fire most of the time

8.5/10

Unfortunately i was reading multiple 10/10 series around that same time span, so in the moment it didn't dawn on me how smooth of a read the whole thing was :wow:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Read the whole series a few years ago

everytime Bayaz popped up :wow: the energy

i remember thinking it was "just okay" at the time tho

but you know what :ohhh: my son Jezal, Glotka, Black Dow....

fukking Cosca :russ: these nikkas had alot going on, B9 just felt too much like Kratos to stand out as a MC but everyone else was fire most of the time

8.5/10

Unfortunately i was reading multiple 10/10 series around that same time span, so in the moment it didn't dawn on me how smooth of a read the whole thing was :wow:

Man, cosca was a real son of a bytch in red country

:scust:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
:mjlol: nikka is a scoundrel forreal
I remember one YouTuber during a review saying that it was character assassination on the writer's part.

But I'm not so sure I agree with that. He was always a greedy, sleazy, self-serving scumbag. It was just more apparent later because he moved up.

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Best served cold spoilers

Was anybody else mad nervous when Friendly and Shivers ended up having their wild fight to the death in best serve cold?

shyt was intense. Friendly was no bytch nor was Shivers. nikkas was fighting all through the kitchen with pots and pans, throwing knives and shyt Crazy.

And shivers crazy ass. Started off as an optimistic young dude looking to do better and ended up becoming a maimed psychosimp fukkin with Monza's scummy ass (who at times I wanted to lose honestly). Not to mention her bytch ass brother

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
"Before They Are Hanged" Im on page 137 on day 3. Trying to read atleast 50 pages or 4 chapters a day, and Im having a hard time putting this book down. His writing is getting better. I was bored in Book 1 until 140+ pages in. The turning point for me for Book 1 was the fencing match with Jezhal. Up to that point it tedious as hell to read. But Book 2 it feels fluid and effortless. I did enjoy the background story of history of how the 1st Law came to be. And the fact we were introduced to demons and not just magic. But Glotka is really my davorite character and the driving force of the series it seems. He such a likeable character. Being handicapped and having the same issues as him with my bum left leg and back, I literally wake up like him and how he constantly speaks of pain. shyt hits home. Im enjoying the series, and cant wait to see how the Book 2 progresses.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
"Before They Are Hanged" Im on page 137 on day 3. Trying to read atleast 50 pages or 4 chapters a day, and Im having a hard time putting this book down. His writing is getting better. I was bored in Book 1 until 140+ pages in. The turning point for me for Book 1 was the fencing match with Jezhal. Up to that point it tedious as hell to read. But Book 2 it feels fluid and effortless. I did enjoy the background story of history of how the 1st Law came to be. And the fact we were introduced to demons and not just magic. But Glotka is really my davorite character and the driving force of the series it seems. He such a likeable character. Being handicapped and having the same issues as him with my bum left leg and back, I literally wake up like him and how he constantly speaks of pain. shyt hits home. Im enjoying the series, and cant wait to see how the Book 2 progresses.

Body found floating by the docks... :steviej:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Glockta truly went through hell when he got tortured. I remember reading him saying he was in a cage too small to stand up or lay down in and how he would get so thirsty at times that he was thankful when they pissed on him because he had something to drink.

:picard:

Yulwei said the same thing to ferro, warning that if she kept being hard-headed and got herself captured by the gurkish that the same thing happened to her.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Glockta truly went through hell when he got tortured. I remember reading him saying he was in a cage too small to stand up or lay down in and how he would get so thirsty at times that he was thankful when they pissed on him because he had something to drink.

:picard:

Yulwei said the same thing to ferro, warning that if she kept being hard-headed and got herself captured by the gurkish that the same thing happened to her.

Gurkhul dungeons on some nut shyt. What got me fukked up is why he's incontinent... I've seen other readers say he was raped but to me it sounds those torturers even used tools on his a$$hole.
full